Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Benagain posted:

I like that this post from 2015 and two games ago calls out resources not crossing the water barrier as stupid. Why does that still exist

I mean, the two key flaws of the series that existed 2 or 3 games ago are still the same, imo, they have barely improved...
-bad strategic AI. Armies of 50 regular militia deciding to attack your army of >200 more elite dudes. In the last two games they have been improving (slightly) the tactical AI but the strategic AI seems the same to me.
-bad UI, not adequate to the needs of their own game design. Because Dominions is a very special game that isn't about 'managing your empire' through provinces or castles, in a way it's an agent based game as it really is about managing 50-150 individual commanders, with them doing a myriad of things: scouts, assassins, army leaders, army ferrying, raiding thugs, SCs, antiSC thugs, magic searchers, patrollers, blood hunters, forgers, researchers, preachers, summoners, and a long etc. The game needs an overhaul in how it shows all these dozens commanders, and ways to search and organize them (groups/filters/order by, etc), and ways to give orders in an efficient manner, being able to give items in bulk, organize them better in the army setup, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU