Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
so does glamour have any goodass must have spells? on the level of like horde of skeletons/mind hunt/falling fires/etc. Despair at Thau 3 seemed like a really good pickup if you're making a bunch of g2's.

items too, any amazing glamour items? i saw people sayin the dreamstone is basically the new lightless lantern since it's at const 5 and costs 5 gems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Simulacrum at Enchantment 4 seems pretty great if you want to send your God or other important mage out to fight battles.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Glamour summon spells are imo actually really really good now. I have a hard time not going down Evo for glamour since it has both illusory army and some decent attack spells

The glamour stun spell for evo1 is pretty good since its like aoe3 and doesn't cause friendly fire and available early. Only problem is range1 and not boostable.

Haven't found a good chassis for the Dance of Ephemeral Swords but i want to. Seems like dancing weapons got some more indepth mechanics and that counts as a lot of dancing weapons.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Mu. posted:

so does glamour have any goodass must have spells? on the level of like horde of skeletons/mind hunt/falling fires/etc. Despair at Thau 3 seemed like a really good pickup if you're making a bunch of g2's.

items too, any amazing glamour items? i saw people sayin the dreamstone is basically the new lightless lantern since it's at const 5 and costs 5 gems.

Combat wise I think illusory army is popular. Gets you 20+ ethereal chaff for 1 glamour gem. I kind of want to play around with charm too, though I haven't gotten the chance yet. Shroud of splendor + shroud of bewilderment on thugs can be fun since it means the enemy has to make both a morale and an MR check to even attack. If you have a G5 mage Sandman's blessing looks interesting as an AoE 25 MR check or sleep spell that costs no gems, but I haven't gotten to test it out.

Dreamstone is great if most of your mages have glamour paths. Dream Spool gives you 2 more illusory warriors and a temp glamour gem to cast illusory army for 5 glamour gems.

Has anyone tried the mirror of long lost battles? The description is something about spawning a warrior illusion for every enemy that gets close but I assume it's actually 1/round or capped or something.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Bremen posted:

Combat wise I think illusory army is popular. Gets you 20+ ethereal chaff for 1 glamour gem. I kind of want to play around with charm too, though I haven't gotten the chance yet. Shroud of splendor + shroud of bewilderment on thugs can be fun since it means the enemy has to make both a morale and an MR check to even attack. If you have a G5 mage Sandman's blessing looks interesting as an AoE 25 MR check or sleep spell that costs no gems, but I haven't gotten to test it out.

Dreamstone is great if most of your mages have glamour paths. Dream Spool gives you 2 more illusory warriors and a temp glamour gem to cast illusory army for 5 glamour gems.

Has anyone tried the mirror of long lost battles? The description is something about spawning a warrior illusion for every enemy that gets close but I assume it's actually 1/round or capped or something.

its one a turn for every turn you have an adjacent enemy

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Hey, uh, why cant my pretender build a temple to themselves?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

building a temple to yourself is cringe

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Hihohe posted:

union rules say only a sacred commander can build a temple

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Like wearing the band's t-shirt to see the band.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Glamour summon spells are imo actually really really good now. I have a hard time not going down Evo for glamour since it has both illusory army and some decent attack spells

The glamour stun spell for evo1 is pretty good since its like aoe3 and doesn't cause friendly fire and available early. Only problem is range1 and not boostable.

Haven't found a good chassis for the Dance of Ephemeral Swords but i want to. Seems like dancing weapons got some more indepth mechanics and that counts as a lot of dancing weapons.

Seconding this, especially Ephemeral Blast is nice: Overall damage is low, and fake, but it's a nice AOE and it has ridiculous low fatigue costs. Pare it up with Twilight to power up all your glamour mages, and there is suddenly a never-ending stream of deadly dreams raining down on the enemy. And sure, part of the damage will be negated, but the rest of the damage is armor-negating and can't be resisted by anything.

It's surprisingly effective even at slowly grinding down big fat meatsacks of giants with fairly good MR, I shudder to think what would happen to a large army with small, less-than-stellar magic resistance. If you have a good source of level 2 glamour mages, it's like wielding a big imaginary hammer and then smashing down on the battlefield, repeatedly.

Against enemies that need eyes to see, applying Blur is also neat. Dreaming your enemies to death while denying them even the last joy of revenge is just sweet.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Hihohe posted:

He only enjoys being worshipped, he doesn't know all the background stuff that goes into doing the rituals. Does a star actor know how to build the sets?

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Libluini posted:

Seconding this, especially Ephemeral Blast is nice: Overall damage is low, and fake, but it's a nice AOE and it has ridiculous low fatigue costs. Pare it up with Twilight to power up all your glamour mages, and there is suddenly a never-ending stream of deadly dreams raining down on the enemy. And sure, part of the damage will be negated, but the rest of the damage is armor-negating and can't be resisted by anything.

It's surprisingly effective even at slowly grinding down big fat meatsacks of giants with fairly good MR, I shudder to think what would happen to a large army with small, less-than-stellar magic resistance. If you have a good source of level 2 glamour mages, it's like wielding a big imaginary hammer and then smashing down on the battlefield, repeatedly.

Against enemies that need eyes to see, applying Blur is also neat. Dreaming your enemies to death while denying them even the last joy of revenge is just sweet.

Be careful with Blur and the other glamour buffs, though, in my current MP game several of my neighbors took true/spirit sight blesses. With the bless changes and all the glamour mages around it might become a common choice.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Mu. posted:

For must-have early spells it's illusory army, hands down, followed by shadow warriors (blur isn't amazing in and of itself but it's a very easy and early mass-buff spell to get out). The G/N crosspath has Fay Footfolk as an excellent ritual summon and G/E has both cave kobolds (great siegers) and gnomes (outrageously good mages for cost).

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

The real comedy with Glamour buffs is that both Aura of Splendor and Shroud of Bewilderment (low level personal buffs) have AoE versions later on. Specifically those spell effects are Awe 1, and "anyone attacking this unit needs to make an MR check or the attack is cancelled and the attacker also spends the next round confused."

Latter one is less effective against enemies who ignore invisible, but still works to an extent (+4 MR). It also doesn't say anything about mindless being immune.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 29, 2024

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

orangelex44 posted:

For must-have early spells it's illusory army, hands down, followed by shadow warriors (blur isn't amazing in and of itself but it's a very easy and early mass-buff spell to get out). The G/N crosspath has Fay Footfolk as an excellent ritual summon and G/E has both cave kobolds (great siegers) and gnomes (outrageously good mages for cost).

Do note all the fay summons have to be cast in a forest. It's not a huge deal but it can be an unwelcome discovery if you weren't planning for it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The temple is going to cost 600 pounds of gold for one month. That's what is is going to cost. It's going to be a powerful temple. It's going to cost 600 pounds of gold.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Bremen posted:

Be careful with Blur and the other glamour buffs, though, in my current MP game several of my neighbors took true/spirit sight blesses. With the bless changes and all the glamour mages around it might become a common choice.

Worth noting the game's manual is kind of... awkward about explaining what Glamour Buffs are bypassed by Spirit Sight (common as poo poo in EA, cheap bless, why wouldn't you have this) and which are bypassed only by True Sight (less common, hate elves) - Blur and some of the other "lesser" buffs are Spirit Sightable, whereas the Mirror Image/elf glamour is only True Sightable.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Arianya posted:

Worth noting the game's manual is kind of... awkward about explaining what Glamour Buffs are bypassed by Spirit Sight (common as poo poo in EA, cheap bless, why wouldn't you have this) and which are bypassed only by True Sight (less common, hate elves) - Blur and some of the other "lesser" buffs are Spirit Sightable, whereas the Mirror Image/elf glamour is only True Sightable.

This was the case until quite late in the beta, but one of the very last changes they made was to make spirit sight work on everything true sight does.

Unless they reverted it in an unannounced change, which has happened for a few things by accident, by I don't think it did here.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

my dad posted:

This was the case until quite late in the beta, but one of the very last changes they made was to make spirit sight work on everything true sight does.

Unless they reverted it in an unannounced change, which has happened for a few things by accident, by I don't think it did here.

The manual claims this ain't so, but who knows, not the easiest thing to test :negative:

e: Looking in game, the description of Spirit Sight doesn't say it does this, but the bless description of Spirit Sight says it does, so I blame the devs for not documenting their goddamn poo poo

Feels weird though since it seems like it makes True Sight an objectively worse version of Spirit Sight - since its just Spirit Sight without the included darkvision

Arianya fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 29, 2024

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

sullat posted:

Just kevork them into enemy provinces or shuffle them off into labs if they're researchers. There's your Dominions health care system.

Mine is worshipping a nature God and forcing wounded people to wear blood drenched rags. Works surprisingly well

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Bremen posted:

Do note all the fay summons have to be cast in a forest. It's not a huge deal but it can be an unwelcome discovery if you weren't planning for it.

I found a conjuration discount site in a desert as Feminie. I've got growth jacked up to maximum in that province hoping it will go forest on me so I can start getting some tasty fay.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Takes 20 turns or so.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Jabarto posted:

Mine is worshipping a nature God and forcing wounded people to wear blood drenched rags. Works surprisingly well

5 bless points for recuperation? How do you get enough use out of that to make it worth it?

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
I probably don't, really. Mostly I only go for it as the Jotun nations so I can slap a brand and a shroud on some Skrattir and turn them loose, and even then I'm sure there are much better things I could be doing.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Skrattir can blood feast. Get better mileage out of stacked regen or something else.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Griddle of Love posted:

5 bless points for recuperation? How do you get enough use out of that to make it worth it?

I picked it in order to mind hunt with sacred rishis but I got eaten by alligators before it came into play.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Are there any good guides out there on how to develop the mid game? I’ve gotten pretty good at expanding with a range of different nations, but apart from “build as many forts as possible, hire as many mages as affordable, search search search for magic sites” I’m not really sure what to do after that. If I’m playing solo there’s usually someone rampaging in my territory and I’m scared to play online because my work schedule’s punishing and I know I’d have to miss crucial turns.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Hmmmm...

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Beefeater1980 posted:

Are there any good guides out there on how to develop the mid game? I’ve gotten pretty good at expanding with a range of different nations, but apart from “build as many forts as possible, hire as many mages as affordable, search search search for magic sites” I’m not really sure what to do after that. If I’m playing solo there’s usually someone rampaging in my territory and I’m scared to play online because my work schedule’s punishing and I know I’d have to miss crucial turns.

Have a research goal
Make funny messages (humor+diplomacy increases survival chances)
Make a plan to take out thrones/kill Doom Horrors in case of near cataclysm limit

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Good news, the new update fixed the Helldiver's armor... oh wait, wrong update, wrong thread!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2511500/view/4102287868180507537?l=english

quote:

Asphodel
New sprites for manikins and carrion beasts
New Asphodel pretenders: Mother Mandragora, Titan Mandragora, Worm Soul
Carrion dragon now has a carrion vine attack that can infect targets with darkseeds
Asphodel's ritual Grow Fortress has now become Carrion Fortress instead
One third of sacred manikins will now be Carrion Furies
New types of manikin chassis
New magic items: Carrion Seed, Carrion Bow
Some magic items are cheaper for Asphodel
New spells: Sleep Vines, Vengeful Vines, Tangle Thicket
New sacred: Black Minotaur
Black Centaur get +1 berserk
Sagittarian replaces vine bow with carrion bow that can infect target with darkseed
Manikins start age fix

General
Increased 3D performance (+25% FPS) for Windows-AMD (new AMD driver) and Mac
Ind got cheaper temples as 'every mansion is a palace and every building is a temple'
Heroism bless +50% -> +35% xp
Awaken Forest now more expensive and only targets 50% of battlefield
Spiritform beings are now immune to petrification
Mossbody can no longer target spiritform beings
Magic scale 4+ didn't give horror marks correctly
Terrain changes now affects resources and can make people migrate
Performance improvements for main map and research screens
Performance improvements for large battles and turn generation
Spell AI no longer casts sermon of courage on mindless targets
No longer show regen icons that are incompatible with the monster type
More possible errors printed to admin log for lobby games
Keyboard shortcuts in scoregraphs (F2) were wrong
Skeletal Legion affected caster too, fixed
Liches now keep their age
Master password wasn't always properly remembered during game setup
Switching between lobby and local network could crash the game, fixed
Independent priests could cast all type of banishments, fixed
Icon for negative inspiration bonus
Migrations now less likely to lead into wastes or swamps
Weightlessness bless didn't affect combat speed
Supply usage was sometimes wrong on 'y' screen
More national summon rebalancing
Awe from throne did not show up in bless info
Keyboard shortcuts in alchemy didn't work properly
Twiceborn no longer has any effect on most monster shapes
Fix for twiceborn getting around uniqueness of some monsters
Stat penalty from blindness wasn't shown correctly
Blank config path could prevent game from starting, fixed
Humanoid apes and dogs now leave corpses when they die
Fix for simulacrum losing global enchantments when killed
Fix for simulacrum creator getting unexpected afflictions
Magic empowerment can now raise to max level 13
Chain mail of displacement now gives actual displacement
Income box was not shown when dominion was 0, fixed
Dreams of R'lyeh did not give Dimensional Overload in battle
Fixed possible memory corruption when two immortals returned on the same turn
Memory leak during host fixed
Rider's magic items never affected mounts that were commanders
Last messages didn't work in very large games
All Elemental Opposition rituals dispelled air, fixed
Most immortality effects now take priority over Life after Dead
Shinuyama had access to Caelum's national spell 'Call of the Drugvant', fixed
Pretenders no longer lose passive bless when outside dominion
Fix for incorrect retreat message mentioning fort
Fixed incorrect 'cannot lead magic beings' error message
Returning from the void can no longer put you inside a cave wall
Returning from Inferno/Kokytos will now usually leads to a cave
Fear and Dread no longer stacks with each other
Mirror walk no longer castable by stationary commanders
Fix for out of range dominion values in games with Dreamlands R'lyeh
Throne settings were not loaded/saved with ctrl-l/ctrl-s
Indep flags weren't flashing when choosing spell target province
Larger background texture in network lobby
Auto site searching now stops if inside a besieged fort
Elemental royalties permanent elemental summons can now be boosted
Fix for temporary spirit sight not working
Stygian Paths didn't work for units following along
Box selecting commanders/squads didn't always work properly
Network lobby games now keeps time better
F1 now shows sneaking commanders at the end
Fix for divine emperor not being able to storm castle
Farstrike ritual performance fix
Farstrike rituals were not always fully anonymous
The Missing Tune didn't work properly
Earthquake's special effect in caves didn't work
Random maps with edge start positions are now square shaped
Stat & typo fixes

Modding
Potential crash bug fix for mods using new sounds
Fix for "too many sprites" error when using mods in textonly mode
Button to disable all mods in mods menu
Enabling mods from command line now requires both folder and modfile
Fix for #godpathspell
#remount event command didn't work
#norange now takes a value 0-100
#att now accepts values up to 100
Bless scale req modding, #orderscale, #chaosscale, ...
New site command: #look
New event command: #healaff
New monster/item commands: #clumsy, #powerofdeath, #fearofflood
New monster/item commands: #falsesupply, #glamourmanip
New monster commands: #godsite
New event commands: #addgeo, #remgeo
New item modding commands to create dancing weapons
New weapon commands: #spiritformimmune, #illusionimmune, #false
New weapon commands: #holyifhit, #killmagicifhit, #killdemonifhit
New weapon commands: #fireifhit, #coldifhit, #shockifhit, #petrifyifhit
New weapon commands: #aftercloud, #aftercloudarea, #poisonifdmg

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Oh good. I was hoping Asphodel would get stronger in the samog game. :rolleyes:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

"Carrion dragon now has a carrion vine attack that can infect targets with darkseeds"

Darkseeds? I never played Aspho, is that new?

"Heroism bless +50% -> +35% xp"

A sensible balance choice. There were many that thought it was a bit too good. I always said that being a number, it would be easy to tweak it later (how much should a 1 bles point give? 30%, 40%, 50%, 60%...)

"Weightlessness bless didn't affect combat speed"

Small buff?

"Terrain changes now affects resources and can make people migrate"

While it sounds cool, this is more a fix to a previous oversight, before you could convert a farmland into a swamp and some of the values were still like a farmland.

"Twiceborn no longer has any effect on most monster shapes"

More no fun with Pretenders allowed!

"Dreams of R'lyeh did not give Dimensional Overload in battle"

Another "uhh what?" I never heard of Dimensional Overload. I guess it's the official name for the insane effect?

"Pretenders no longer lose passive bless when outside dominion"

Now, that's interesting, I wonder if someone better than me at Dominions can look at this, and open up some new strategies.

"Returning from Inferno/Kokytos will now usually leads to a cave"

Very Illwinter of them.

"Fear and Dread no longer stacks with each other"

I heard the new Fear effects could be overwhelming so this seems a fix to that.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Oh poo poo can you be gog agog if you're playing Asphodel now?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

"Magic empowerment can now raise to max level 13"

Has anyone ever empowered up to level 13 in anything that wasn't a gimmick SP game?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

SIGSEGV posted:

"Magic empowerment can now raise to max level 13"

Has anyone ever empowered up to level 13 in anything that wasn't a gimmick SP game?

I once subbed into a lategame hellgame that had an astral 16 vampire named "MIND BULLETS", yes

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

my dad posted:

I once subbed into a lategame hellgame that had an astral 16 vampire named "MIND BULLETS", yes

lmao

That's like 2k pearls

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I'm looking for a substitute for EA Pyrene (turn 28) for two weeks. Message me on the discord if you're interested.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

dark seeds is coverting things you kill to manikins. dimensional overload is the being in the void without void sanity debuff and the weightlessness thing is a nerf

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Always disappointing to see the mod commands we didn't get, but on the other hand terrain manipulation events :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Passive bless being permanent even on the PG is probably to prevent weirdness from stuff like HP changes due to size if they had Larger or something. There aren't all that many passive blesses to begin with.

Turin Turambar posted:

Another "uhh what?" I never heard of Dimensional Overload. I guess it's the official name for the insane effect?

Not quite. Anyone in the Void without Void Sanity is supposed to take a massive stat debuff while in it (the Dimensional Overload effect). Dreams of R'lyeh is an LA R'lyeh-exclusive ritual that puts the caster and the target in the Void for an assassination battle (MR negates), and the target is supposed to be massively weakened due to that. They weren't being weakened, which is one reason I haven't cast it once so far in a Dreamlands game.