Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
In a roundabout way I guess I'm glad my house didn't have power during these games as I didn't have to watch these boat races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

i don't think anyone liked that phins/chiefs game

except brian flores. this game is going into his spank bank

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Baker Mayfield is going to eliminate the Iggles.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

disappointed Tay Tay didn't do the chop

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Gatts posted:

Baker Mayfield is going to eliminate the Iggles.

:cheers:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This franchise is so loving cursed

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
So what's the story on Tua? I haven't followed him too closely but the super screen gameplay seemed really weird

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

trevorreznik posted:

So what's the story on Tua? I haven't followed him too closely but the super screen gameplay seemed really weird

my guess is mcdaniel thought tua would be hampered by the conditions too much to work down the field, and also he's kind of stupid coach who isn't willing or able to adjust his play calling when it's not doing poo poo

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

trevorreznik posted:

he's sad now but mcdaniel will invite him over for a pajama party and they'll watch the waterboy and it will cheer him up.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Parallax posted:

my guess is mcdaniel thought tua would be hampered by the conditions too much to work down the field, and also he's kind of stupid coach who isn't willing or able to adjust his play calling when it's not doing poo poo

Yeah I'm not worried about the screen thing being the plan, but the fact that McDaniel straight up refused to learn anything from the results as the game unfolded is very very worrying

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

McDaniel looked like a little kid that was through with sledding

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It sure felt like he had no faith in Tua here

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

It sure felt like he had no faith in Tua here

He's a Bama QB. He shouldn't have.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

lol. spot on

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Dolphins can't win in the cold. Rip off all the domes

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I went. I lived. I laughed. I loved.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

If you had told me before this game that the defense, which has like no starters left thanks to a billion injuries, would keep you relatively close through 3 quarters I would have told you you were crazy

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

You'd think they'd have a spare helmet ready to go for Mahomes when his cheap Chinese one broke

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
McDaniel needs to get better. Tua will only be as good as McDaniel.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Dolphins can't win in the cold. Rip off all the domes

must have been a chilly night last week in miami

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

these past two weeks were pretty similar in showing what the dolphins weaknesses were, the only difference was mahomes wasn't throwing INTs, so the chiefs could get field goals

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

TheBizzness posted:

Yeah I am almost more concerned about him making bad decisions than I am with some of the mistakes Tua has made in the last month or so.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

TheBizzness posted:

Tua is the weak link

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah I am almost more concerned about him making bad decisions than I am with some of the mistakes Tua has made in the last month or so.

Look at Tua’s numbers from the first half vs the second when teams started figuring out the scheme.

Tua goes as McDaniel goes. He isn’t Josh Allen.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I have absolutely no idea what you do going forward. You are pretty much committed to Tua for a ton of money because you don't have the picks to get a decent QB and anybody who is a FA is going to be mediocre at best

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm thinking that I should stop wishing KC would stop shooting themselves in the foot with penalties and drops but I don't think that gets fixed so hey I'm just going to cheer on field goals and good defense like it's 1995

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

I have absolutely no idea what you do going forward. You are pretty much committed to Tua for a ton of money because you don't have the picks to get a decent QB and anybody who is a FA is going to be mediocre at best

they have another year. maybe next year tua proves himself or you end up with a high-end pick (haha jk gets gifted 4 free wins by the jets/pats, ends up 9-7 again)

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Those were two exceedingly boring games of football. As a Seahawks fan, I just wanted some good games, and those were some of the worst playoff games I've seen. Is there another day of playoff football people remember with worse games than this?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Dolphins are going to win the Super Bowl next season, morons. Stfu.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

gently caress Peacock, but it's on local TV for me :smugdog:

Cheering for the Packers feels hosed up

God help me.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

you do not have to give Tua $50m a year just because he was highly drafted. it would be a huge mistake

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Is it time to just call it quits on Bama qbs? Tua, Mac, Hurts, Bryce? They all loving suck outright or when their scheme breaks down

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

AndrewP posted:

you do not have to give Tua $50m a year just because he was highly drafted. it would be a huge mistake

No he's not gonna redefine the QB market but he'll command 40ish million a year. Is he worth that?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

kiimo posted:

lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Master Stur posted:

Is it time to just call it quits on Bama qbs? Tua, Mac, Hurts, Bryce? They all loving suck outright or when their scheme breaks down

Hurts is an Oklahoma QB

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Kirios posted:

No he's not gonna redefine the QB market but he'll command 40ish million a year. Is he worth that?

I would give him 4x40 personally, that’s not totally crippling and short term enough for McDaniel to figure his poo poo out.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

AndrewP posted:

Tua lost tens of millions of dollars over the last three games. If he wins literally any one of them (or at least has one standout performance) he'd probably be getting the mega contract.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

I went. I lived. I laughed. I loved.

crazy bastard

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kirios posted:

I don't think so. The roster doesn't get better after he's eating big chunk of your cap - is Tua going to elevate the group? Are you really fine giving him Josh Allen money in a division that also has Josh Allen? Are you sure you can't find a guy that can give you 80% of Tua for a fraction of that price?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Turnover King Josh Allen