Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shindragon posted:

sorry man. Your team did hell of a job this year.

Thanks man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Who's going to be available this offseason via trade or FA that is 80% of Tua though

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You'll laugh but I'd definitely put Kirk Cousins in that category and he's not gonna be 40 million.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kirios posted:

You'll laugh but I'd definitely put Kirk Cousins in that category and he's not gonna be 40 million.

I think Kirk can give you 100% of Tua

or trade for Sam Howell and draft someone and have a camp competition. or maybe try to sign Baker. Easton Stick? The important part is you're not paying Tua $40m

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I would be alright with Kirk but I am concerned about his health

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Any older QB would die behind that line. I think the big question about replacing Tua is: does Tua fit into McDaniel's system very well or did McDaniel do a good job of creating a system to make Tua look good?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Kirk is just older wiser Tua.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

TheBizzness posted:

Kirk is just older wiser Tua.

Kirk has a way better arm than Tua

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Kirk has a way better arm than Tua

Fair but hasn’t really made a difference to this point.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

McDaniel was on the Washington staff when Kirk was QB...

Honestly if Cousins stays healthy it could be a Goff->Stafford level of upgrade. And the defense is probably solid enough to hold up their end. No, that's the kind of thing that would lead to success so the Dolphins would never

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
There was a Titans-Patriots game several years ago in snow, and the Patriots killed a decent Titans team, 56-0 or something. Watching the game, it was over in the first quarter - the Titans didn't have cleats for the snow. They couldn't run, and the Patriots could, and the discrepancy made it no contest.

This game wasn't that bad but it reminded me of it. The Chiefs were a step slow because of the cold; the Dolphins were three steps slow. I don't think any Dolphins post-mortem should get into the details of this game; they went to Arrowhead in -27 windchill and got their asses kicked because of course they did. What they need to figure out is: how did they blow that Titans game? Why couldn't they put more than 14 up on a Bills team that was reeling from Allen's mistakes for most of the game? Why did they only manage 10 offensive points against Philly?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Maybe they could bring back Jay Cutler

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

TheBizzness posted:

Fair but hasn’t really made a difference to this point.

Well, he’s at least won a playoff game. Tua may never.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

That's one hell of a called shot.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

twitter guy editing tua's stats in the picture then bragging about how cool it is to lie and be smarter than you, then still having people post it elsewhere after that

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Manoueverable posted:

Tua threw for 1 TD, 1 pick, 199 yards.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I can't believe someone would lie like that on X, the everything app.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
they didnt lie. stop saying they lied. what the gently caress.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Compare Eli and Favre in the 07 NFC championship game played in similar conditions. Tua ate poo poo.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Dolphins might be able to get Penix as a Tua replacement. It depends on how teams view his medicals.

Penix is relatively good at managing pressure from the pocket which is good because Miami’s line is not great. But Penix is also injury prone which is bad because Miami’s line is not great.

I’d also think that in the short term hypothetical all-else-equal scenario that the dolphins are better with Kirk cousins over tua.

What matters most is that CJ Stroud did good things and I love him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm sorry, why are we so certain the Dolphins are going to ditch Tua all of a sudden? And for Kirk Cousins? Really?

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jan 14, 2024

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm sorry, why are we so certain the Dolphins are going to ditch Tua all of a sudden? And for Kirk Cousins? Really?

Uh, I don’t think anyone is certain of it, people are just speculating about who the Dolfins might replace Tua with if they decided to.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I wish Seattle could have drafted Stroud. Alas, Russ didn't quite suck enough.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Biggest loser this weekend? Carolina. Yeeesh talk about worst draft pick in NFL history.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Happy for the Texans, Stroud is the Truth and they're playing not only with house money but the Browns' money as well (also lol Panthers).

Chiefs/Dolphins was the most predictable game this season, that one Tyreek play stopped a shutout sheesh.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

https://x.com/benjaminsolak/status/1746387006177828943?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ
It's in the air.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It is funny that they want to move on because Tua isn’t clutch so they land on Kirk Cousins

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

solarjetman posted:

There was a Titans-Patriots game several years ago in snow, and the Patriots killed a decent Titans team, 56-0 or something. Watching the game, it was over in the first quarter - the Titans didn't have cleats for the snow. They couldn't run, and the Patriots could, and the discrepancy made it no contest.

If you’re thinking of the infamous 59-0 game from 2009, that Titans team was awful, like 0-7 and starting the corpse of Kerry Collins.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

Has the guy lost his fingers yet? If not meh.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

the ringer's qb ranking had tua below geno smith and tom brady for most of the season and hell maybe they were right

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fartknocker posted:

If you’re thinking of the infamous 59-0 game from 2009, that Titans team was awful, like 0-7 and starting the corpse of Kerry Collins.

They finished 8-8 tho with Young at QB.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

They finished 8-8 tho with Young at QB.

Thinking about the game where Vick got concussed and Young came in and immediately threw a terrible pick so they trotted Vick right back out there

e: they being the Eagles obviously, not the Tits

Intruder fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jan 14, 2024

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Cousins is just better than Tua is, it has nothing to do with Tua not being "clutch".

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Tua looked like poo poo because the game planned called for a thousand passes behind the LOS against a defense that was expecting and ready for them. McDaniel looks like an idiot.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nodoze posted:

Cousins is just better than Tua is, it has nothing to do with Tua not being "clutch".

How much of this stems from game experience though? Cousins has seen NFL offenses for over 10 years and Tua is entering Y5.

I feel like Flacco reminded the NFL that experience isn't worthless. Yes, it's important to develop young talent if you have it. No, a 35 year old isn't assuredly cooked in the NFL. Is that going to mean Flacco gets a starting gig next year? gently caress no but it does maybe give pause to teams just throwing an unready QB prospect to the wolves.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Forrest on Fire posted:

How much of this stems from game experience though? Cousins has seen NFL offenses for over 10 years and Tua is entering Y5.

I feel like Flacco reminded the NFL that experience isn't worthless. Yes, it's important to develop young talent if you have it. No, a 35 year old isn't assuredly cooked in the NFL. Is that going to mean Flacco gets a starting gig next year? gently caress no but it does maybe give pause to teams just throwing an unready QB prospect to the wolves.

Probably like 5 teams are going to start rookies next year on day 1.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

really queer Christmas posted:

Probably like 5 teams are going to start rookies next year on day 1.

I get why for three of them. If someone starts JJ week 1 they're loving stupid.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Forrest on Fire posted:

I get why for three of them. If someone starts JJ week 1 they're loving stupid.

I do agree with you btw, just that I really doubt the nfl is going to learn anything beyond "new shiny qb better than old busted qb".

Fans can put their hopes in this new qb who will lead the team to the promised land, coaches get a scapegoat if things don't work out, owners want a face of the franchise. There's so much momentum on rookie qbs being thrown to the wolves instead of letting them sit and learn or even just putting enough pieces around them to guarantee some success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Exactly how much of a year to year discount is Kirk coming with to be a good idea to sign over Tua?

Seems to me that if you're unhappy with 'qb who has some limitations, but put up gaudy regular season numbers, before slumping at a bad time', you maybe shouldn't immediately seek out the 35 year old version of that same thing