Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think the Dolphins were a pretty good team with an absolutely horrible game plan last night. Maybe intimidated by the weather as far as the game plan went. And a busted up Tyreek and Waddle which really is what runs that offense, so that didn't help.

They got away from the run almost totally other than one drive (where it was kinda working), used a short passing game in replacement of of a running game and....well never did anything else. So the Chiefs who actually have a decent defense were just downhill on them blowing those plays up all night.

You can blame Tua if you want, he wasn't great and that one pick was downright awful, but McDaniel lost this game to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

If you're putting Trevor there, then Herbert is there too

You can make this argument for about anyone who fails I think. I mean there were issues involved but I'd say coaching and ownership combined certainly didn't help to put Jamarcus Russell in a good spot. Mostly he didn't care, but he had no reason to want to care either.

But yeah, Luck is the one who got away from a possible hall of fame career because of complete incompetence up and down the board.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

yeah, poor mac jones!!

He counts in this discussion too. Not in a would have been awesome way, but he counts.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

On the 2-point conversion try, Arians straight up told Philly what to run because TB had trouble with it. Of course Philly went with the tush push and got creamed.

I mean, this was still not a bad bet to make. As to the play call at least, maybe just taking the extra point was better.

But it's not like they have had trouble with that play all that often. None of this ended up mattering all that much with the way the game went.