Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Forrest on Fire posted:

How much of this stems from game experience though? Cousins has seen NFL offenses for over 10 years and Tua is entering Y5.

I feel like Flacco reminded the NFL that experience isn't worthless. Yes, it's important to develop young talent if you have it. No, a 35 year old isn't assuredly cooked in the NFL. Is that going to mean Flacco gets a starting gig next year? gently caress no but it does maybe give pause to teams just throwing an unready QB prospect to the wolves.

Probably like 5 teams are going to start rookies next year on day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Forrest on Fire posted:

I get why for three of them. If someone starts JJ week 1 they're loving stupid.

I do agree with you btw, just that I really doubt the nfl is going to learn anything beyond "new shiny qb better than old busted qb".

Fans can put their hopes in this new qb who will lead the team to the promised land, coaches get a scapegoat if things don't work out, owners want a face of the franchise. There's so much momentum on rookie qbs being thrown to the wolves instead of letting them sit and learn or even just putting enough pieces around them to guarantee some success.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I missed all the games yesterday and just saw the scores lmfaoooo

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Extend Todd Bowles

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Relentlessboredomm posted:

no just keep him on his 5 yr contract and fire him when he inevitably falls back to being his same old self next year

Extend him to 10 years and give him GM powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Same Ol' Saudi Asset Rams