Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

trevorreznik posted:

So what's the story on Tua? I haven't followed him too closely but the super screen gameplay seemed really weird

my guess is mcdaniel thought tua would be hampered by the conditions too much to work down the field, and also he's kind of stupid coach who isn't willing or able to adjust his play calling when it's not doing poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Dolphins can't win in the cold. Rip off all the domes

must have been a chilly night last week in miami

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

these past two weeks were pretty similar in showing what the dolphins weaknesses were, the only difference was mahomes wasn't throwing INTs, so the chiefs could get field goals

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

I have absolutely no idea what you do going forward. You are pretty much committed to Tua for a ton of money because you don't have the picks to get a decent QB and anybody who is a FA is going to be mediocre at best

they have another year. maybe next year tua proves himself or you end up with a high-end pick (haha jk gets gifted 4 free wins by the jets/pats, ends up 9-7 again)

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Any older QB would die behind that line. I think the big question about replacing Tua is: does Tua fit into McDaniel's system very well or did McDaniel do a good job of creating a system to make Tua look good?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

McDaniel was on the Washington staff when Kirk was QB...

Honestly if Cousins stays healthy it could be a Goff->Stafford level of upgrade. And the defense is probably solid enough to hold up their end. No, that's the kind of thing that would lead to success so the Dolphins would never

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

the ringer's qb ranking had tua below geno smith and tom brady for most of the season and hell maybe they were right

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Miami twice had an opportunity to win at home and host a playoff game and lost, weather doesn't have anything to do with it.

If the weather was better last night would they have played better? Yeah, probably. But it would be them scoring two TDs instead of one and the chiefs probably would have scored an extra 3 TDs as well

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I think Stroud and Love are both gonna be great but boy those defenses sure were intent on making them look like top 5 guys already

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

epic bacon posted:

Baker Mayfield vs Jared Goff is gonna be a fun one

this is such a funny matchup in comparison to the other three games

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

AndrewP posted:

blitzing is best done judiciously, I don't think doing it a ton is going to fix this defense

somewhere brian flores is suddenly angry and doesn't know why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

I usually save frauds for teams that have everything you want but then just choose not to show up. The Cowboys and Dolphins both had complete teams on both sides of the ball with a QB and offensive and defensive playmakers. Why they just choose as a group to take a vacation week is anyone's guess.

The dolphins had what