Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Azathoth posted:

He's not going to get the nod, but it's absolutely DeSantis. He and Kamala had a similar primary arc, where the more people actually saw and heard them, the less popular they got. I dunno that any of the actual contenders have the sheer unlikeability with voters that Kamala has.

wouldn't a more Harris like option be someone who didn't even make it to Iowa? DeSantis got *some* votes even as terrible as he is, but I don't the GOP primary contenders well enough to know who dropped out the last few months.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/RpsAgainstTrump/status/1747752623418020228

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

biceps crimes posted:

I don’t like her OP

thats right. you love her,. you have a shrine to her in your bedroom closet filled with photographs of her your priunted on your hp deskjet printer and candles you bought at target. another thing you have inside there is a cross but its upside down and also a pentagram. one more thing you have inside there is a box of sex toys which you use to conduct your rituals. another you have is the constitution of the united states but its printed backwards. hmm another thing you have in there is a big bottle of poppers which you inhale to become intoxicated during your protracted harris-based gooning sessions. m,akes me sick frankly

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
That's very judgemental Smythe. If biceps crimes chooses to venerate Kamala Harris, who are you to judge? After all, does she not make pronouncements like a Buddhist sage?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Weka posted:

That's very judgemental Smythe. If biceps crimes chooses to venerate Kamala Harris, who are you to judge? After all, does she not make pronouncements like a Buddhist sage?

i guess youre right. sorry

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

FuzzySlippers posted:

wouldn't a more Harris like option be someone who didn't even make it to Iowa? DeSantis got *some* votes even as terrible as he is, but I don't the GOP primary contenders well enough to know who dropped out the last few months.

I'll maintain that her dropping out when she did was a surprisingly politically savvy move. Most losers need to see cold numbers proving they're losers before dropping out, but she saw the writing on the wall and dropped then immediately began campaigning behind the scenes for VP.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Azathoth posted:

I'll maintain that her dropping out when she did was a surprisingly politically savvy move. Most losers need to see cold numbers proving they're losers before dropping out, but she saw the writing on the wall and dropped then immediately began campaigning behind the scenes for VP.

Lots of people seem to think Biden was gonna pick klob until George Floyd happened, but I sincerely believe that Kamala was the pick all along and part of why she dropped out when she did is that they didn’t want her to have an embarrassing primary loss, it doesn’t make sense to drop out before Iowa otherwise, even if you’re out of money

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Azathoth posted:

i dont think she had to campaign that hard to be vp. what other mainline establishment democrat black woman was biden going to pick? it was very obviously constrained to that category btw. just as obungler was constrained to a good ol' boy (joe biden)

very fraught coalition the modern democrats have. dont think it will endure

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

i dont think she had to campaign that hard to be vp. what other mainline establishment democrat black woman was biden going to pick? it was very obviously constrained to that category btw. just as obungler was constrained to a good ol' boy (joe biden)

very fraught coalition the modern democrats have. dont think it will endure

Yeah the only other person who fit the bill (minority, female, Clinton faction) was who, Susan Rice?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah the only other person who fit the bill (minority, female, Clinton faction) was who, Susan Rice?

my thought was stacy abrams but i dont think shes attractive enough for the gig

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
it's gonna be adolf hitler

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

my thought was stacy abrams but i dont think shes attractive enough for the gig

Oh yeah an overweight black woman is a bridge way too far for the political consultant box checker class

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

There were definitely court gossip stories about indecision in Biden's camp over the VP. The lanyards kept pushing people and then old man Biden would get grumpy about them. There was a general agreement in the air that Biden must pick a younger woman and/or minority vp, and Harris checked the boxes, but there was always the chance Biden would pull a McCain on it.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Val Demings, who was even more of a cop lol

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Literally a she huck with gooders eyes

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

he’ll pick the governor of Indiana again. who is he? who gives a poo poo. that’s the point

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Pence was literally the perfect pick. A guy who loves Garfield? Yeah, that guy is taking zero oxygen away from Trump in any conversation

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

He did say he likes horses though... which in my goon brain means he likes having actual sex with them. LOL!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lots of people seem to think Biden was gonna pick klob until George Floyd happened, but I sincerely believe that Kamala was the pick all along and part of why she dropped out when she did is that they didn’t want her to have an embarrassing primary loss, it doesn’t make sense to drop out before Iowa otherwise, even if you’re out of money

I don't think he'd decided on Klob but she was definitely on the shortlist right up until her giving a sweetheart deal to George Floyd's murderer on a previous brutality claim came to light. She dropped out immediately after that became known and national reporters dutifully never asked her about it because it would be uncouth or whatever, but everyone knew she wasn't getting poo poo after that.

And yeah, Kamala might have still gotten the nod if she'd stayed in longer but dropping out definitely helped her avoid the loser stink that most politicians get after coming in 7th in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the media spent a bizarrely inordinate amount of time on Klob who never had an ounce of juice. made the fix really obvious

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Smythe posted:

the media spent a bizarrely inordinate amount of time on Klob who never had an ounce of juice. made the fix really obvious

fondly remember when the NYT endorsed both klob and warren

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Two great choices... impossible to choose just one!

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

One thing that is guaranteed for sure is that Trump won't pick a VP until just right before the Republicans convention. He know he got this on lock and he's a good showman. He will have the media constantly asking who is Trump going to pick nearly 24/7. Why would he not want todrag it out?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

NeonPunk posted:

One thing that is guaranteed for sure is that Trump won't pick a VP until just right before the Republicans convention. He know he got this on lock and he's a good showman. He will have the media constantly asking who is Trump going to pick nearly 24/7. Why would he not want todrag it out?

lol this exactly. The suspense means that there's nothing Biden can do to steal the spotlight unless it's a gaffe

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Donald Trump, if you are reading this, please choose me as your VP.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Even if Trump actually said this, it means nothing, but:

https://twitter.com/JRFranklin15/status/1749194801562390758

Zeldin? It kind of makes sense. Obviously he'd want someone with New York connections to fight his various charges there.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Zeldin? It kind of makes sense. Obviously he'd want someone with New York connections to fight his various charges there.

Wow, VP Pataki!

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Yeah gorka has been going around for a few days now saying he knows the pick.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/KariLake/status/1749239859972346082
Lake made an appearance at Trump's NH speech tonight

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Brave of him to pick Hillary, that's the kind of unity ticket that we need to bring America together and begin to heal from the horrible partisanship of the last 8 years.

012124_6
Jan 22, 2024
someone who is older and slower

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Zrace Zeldin for VP

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/michaelscherer/status/1749240077685772484
Would make for some positive press releases

He was also in NH with Trump this weekend

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

it's her time

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

it's gonna be george santos

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

January 6 Survivor posted:

Hillary Clinton

a plan so crazy it might just work

Weka
May 5, 2019

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Giuliani

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Cuomo comeback heck yeah