Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Victorious Radia posted:

pizza styles in order:
- detroit style
- chicago tavern style
- ny style
- chicago deep dish style
- any others, period. they all suck after this. sorry. but it's true.

What style is school cafeteria pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Silly Burrito posted:

What style is school cafeteria pizza

https://www.schwansfoodservice.com/product-list/?products=sheeted-pizza&brands=tonys

Select option 2

Views: I feel super terrible for Kelce but watching the Eagles lose was hilarious

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Fat Jesus posted:

Pineapple is australia's national pizza topping

As a guy who once made pizza you can totally put pineapple on pizza and have it be good. The problem I found is most places don't DRAIN their pineapple, because most pizza places do not pay the employees enough to ensure the pineapple isn't fuckin' soggy straight out of the can when it goes on the pizza. So you get wet toppings that don't bake off well, which is no bueno.

Provided you get the pineapple drained enough to actually bake well, though, then it's just a sweet topping, of which there's quite a few.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
yeah when I worked at a pizza place and I was making my own pizza, I would let the pineapple drain in a colander for 5 minutes before I put it on the pizza. sometimes I would blot it with a paper towel, too.

poo poo was good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

got to degrease the pineapple

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Victorious Radia posted:

pittsburgh puts like raw cheese on theirs it's gross
We absolutely do not, there is one single place in the area that does that and it's a gimmick.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Fifty Three posted:

We absolutely do not, there is one single place in the area that does that and it's a gimmick.

yeah your drat house. j/k

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

yeah when I worked at a pizza place and I was making my own pizza, I would let the pineapple drain in a colander for 5 minutes before I put it on the pizza. sometimes I would blot it with a paper towel, too.

poo poo was good

You also don't add tomato sauce to a pineapple pizza; it's sweet on sweet. Could you imagine putting pineapple on a Papa John's pizza with their candy-rear end tomato sauce? Might as well be dessert.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

C. Everett Koop posted:

You also don't add tomato sauce to a pineapple pizza; it's sweet on sweet. Could you imagine putting pineapple on a Papa John's pizza with their candy-rear end tomato sauce? Might as well be dessert.

Tomato sauce doesn't have to be sweet. A peppery tomato sauce would pair better with pineapple.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

What planet are you folks on with sweet tomato sauce?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Probably Filipinos.

:ninja:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Pineapple, jalapeno, and bacon. Just do it.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Probably Filipinos.

:ninja:
:hf::ninja:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I mean Papa John's sauce is pretty sweet. Of course the answer to that is to eat better pizza, but it's still basically Tomato Kool Aid.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

drat, you've never had good pizza in your life, have you?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Q_res posted:

I mean Papa John's sauce is pretty sweet. Of course the answer to that is to eat better pizza, but it's still basically Tomato Kool Aid.

:stare:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Chicago's other pizza (Tavern Style) features a sweet tomato sauce and a cracker thin crust. It's the loving bomb.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

drat, you've never had good pizza in your life, have you?

I've had plenty of good pizza, none of it from Papa John's.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Q_res posted:

put enough garlic butter sauce on anything..

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Freshman year of college I'd straight up drink the garlic sauce from Papa John's.

They were the only place open past midnight in Savannah that delivered and nobody felt brave enough to walk to the Burger King that was at the Greyhound bus terminal on the edge of the city.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Q_res posted:

If you're calling all pizza sauce tomato kool-aid, you've never had good pizza.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

This is what we in the industry call a “self own”

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

If you're calling all pizza sauce tomato kool-aid, .

I'm not, I was only referring to Papa John's sauce.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A.o.D. posted:

If you're calling all pizza sauce tomato kool-aid, you've never had good pizza.

It's a thing with all of the big cheap chain brands from what I can tell. Papa Johns is probably the worst, but everyone sugars up their marinara if you're buying from like, Pizza Hut or Little Caesar's or whatever.

Which is, again, a sign you're not going to get the best pizza anyway very obviously, but you know...sometimes you gotta eat and don't have enough money or patience.

e: just realized we're doing this in the Wild Card GDT, this is peak offseason chat.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 18, 2024

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

It's a thing with all of the big cheap chain brands from what I can tell. Papa Johns is probably the worst, but everyone sugars up their marinara if you're buying from like, Pizza Hut or Little Caesar's or whatever.

Which is, again, a sign you're not going to get the best pizza anyway very obviously, but you know...sometimes you gotta eat and don't have enough money or patience.

e: just realized we're doing this in the Wild Card GDT, this is peak offseason chat.

Detroit style pizza should be on topic. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

My off season started in 2021.