Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Odoyle posted:

”She’s awake!” Dude had tremors. He was exposed to some ancient virus they thawed out… along with an Ice Woman!

This is what I'm thinking too. It's a play on all these recent stories in the last few years of we dug up these ancient microbes from the permafrost, 40 million years old, and they woke up when we unthawed them. I think the oil company has been drilling, and when that woman was killed years ago, it was because some infected oil rig employee went nutso and killed her. After the oil companies internal investigation, the determine that the killer was infected with something, so they set up the lab to investigate. We can see they've been drilling core samples, and basically all their employees are focused around microbiology, most specifically that one guy who was a "paleo microbiologist". So after years of study, they finally realize discover the pathogen that has been dug up, but at that point they realize they're probably all infected, hence the "we are all dead" message. Same pathogen is what drove the caribou crazy and drove them off the cliff, and most likely the wolf was infected and got into the old woman, which is why she is now seeing/hallucinating the guy that has been dead for years. So I suspect more people in town will be getting infected and going crazy and doing snow crimes.

That, or they drop all pretenses and actually go supernatural, instead of just hinting at it like previous seasons. There was that prominent copy of The Thing on display when Foster was trying to turn off Feriss Buellers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

roomtone posted:

you didn't understand my post

I don't think anyone did.