Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Well aside from a handful of other annoying problems I need to mention the artificial, over-polished green screen look to everything. I'm guessing they did not film much in Alaska, or with the actors outdoors...anywhere.

That or they botched the aesthetic

e: well I guess they spent millions filming in Iceland

I found this off-putting myself. The Alaska setting dose a lot for me but the pace felt too fast so nothing got time to breathe.

I think it is a weak start compared to the other three season openers but decent overall.

The extremely online people are already gathering around the show so the discourse will go to absolute poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I like the cast and the setting well enough but I feel like alot of the writing came straight from asking an A.I. to write a Noir script. I assume Fosters character will get a humanising scene to balance the hard rear end traits but they probably should have teased it by now.

Respect for the Scream scare. They got me good.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

For anyone who is stressing all the negative posting I offer you this:

They did it to Season 1 also.

The Grandpa that was in one episode for ten seconds being part of cult and also molesting Marty's daughter was the best slap fight from the season one thread.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
To be fair Pizzaloto pretty much blacklisted himself when he tossed more talented directors for the third season in a row. From all accounts he is probably too much of a micromanager to be a showrunner in T.V.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Bright Bart posted:

It would have been interesting to see more 'civilians' easily bribed/duped by the cult, or just generally jaded by life so as to not care.

We have Marty asking the hobby shop owner in the nearby city why he special ordered primate mummification materials for an anonymous buyer in a town where child murders were taking place. The owner angrily says that the buyer paid a 500% tip to deliver and leave them out in the middle of nowhere, and to leave his store! Afterwards, he files a complaint with the department saying Hart was harassing him. And also that Marty broke his door (which was already broken) because you might as well try right?

Then they question a reporter from a small paper when they learn he was pressured to leave out the part about green paint. The reporter yells that government thugs like Hart and Cole should know about what not questioning orders means, but clearly wouldn't know having student loans to pay like he does feels like.

Finally, a woman who may have seen something tells them she didn't say anything because she hates cops ever since local racists burned down her store with her inside, leaving her with scars to this day, and the police did nothing. You, the audience, is on her side until Rustin says 'That girl was somebody's daughter' and the women just shrugs and says 'Not my daughter.'

We did get Masareti cop. But he got a cushy job and, well, a Maserati out of the deal. I'm talking much smaller stakes. Although *chef's kiss* for him being horrified at being forced to learn what he likely always suspected, but coming out of it angry at Hart and Cole rather than anyone else, because they forced him to watch the tape.

I did re-watch recently but right now it's slipping my mind. Who was it that died under suspicious circumstances the new detectives thought Rustin may have killed, but Cole later clarifies her burgled but did not kill?

The Tuttle that shook Marty and Rust's hands that Rust later interviewed. He overdosed on his medication and the other cops suspected Rust may have done it.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

ruddiger posted:

Pretty sure a goon called it when he first showed up on the lawnmower.

I think that goon actually went to IMDB and checked the cast episode ahead of time and decided to spoil the thread if I remember correctly.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

I AM GRANDO posted:

British children’s choir: Draaaaaagulaaa-ahhhh

loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

th3t00t posted:

I'm that goon.

I recognized the actor from Boardwalk Empire, where he had been in 9 episodes. I didn't think HBO would cast him just to be in one scene on a lawnmower for 30 seconds after coming off a much larger role in Boardwalk.

I did not check IMDB for the cast episode ahead of time or anything like that.

I had a hunch, shared it, and it turned out to be right. And it has lived on in TVIV infamy ever since.

My bad, twas a long time ago.