Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Surprised at how negative the reaction I'm seeing online is (at least that's what Twitter thinks I want to see anyway). That was a really solid hour with a good hook to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You guys keep bringing up past seasons as if anyone involved is present here. It's just a brand.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The_Rob posted:

I mean, that sucks rear end.

It's dumb, but I just mean this should be regarded in context as just the latest HBO prestige murder mystery miniseries rather than part of True Detective, because Nic Pizzolatto is True Detective, for better or for worse.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/lingounbound/status/1747495867513544882?s=61&t=N2RxjCcZEoNL3LJNhAQ0dg

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I too spent that whole scene looking at the AI posters. That and "it's not an emoji" were the worst parts of an otherwise good episode. Though I don't understand what happened with the screaming guy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
"It was actually subtle commentary on how lovely AI is" is one of the least believable excuses ever uttered lmao.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Despera posted:

Im enjoying the season. You cant take this show too seriously. Its always had camp and self awareness.

Yeah. The forever unimpeachable first season’s big reveal had the villain say “my family’s been here a loooooong time” to nobody in particular in a ridiculous drawl. He might as well have done a maniacal laugh.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This is no more of a replica of Dyatlov Pass than S3 is one of the West Memphis Three murders.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I never finished Fargo 4 but am enjoying 5 well enough. 1 and 2 are still peak so far.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
S1’s theme was the most western poo poo ever which is really silly for a show set in the bayou, but it fit the mood extremely well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That was corny as gently caress lol