Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013
Feels like they really tried to fit a lot into that first episode, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013
i know this has been a persistent problem but it bears repeating this week: drat the music selection is so bad lmao

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

GABA ghoul posted:

Hell, same. The directing in that scene was really weird. It was fine when he put his chin on the little window flap while talking, but then he starts eating while his chin is still resting on it and his looks become really, really creepy. Like, what the gently caress was the instruction from the director here? "Ok, great, can you do it again, but this time make our skin crawl?"

The actor is absolutely fine in every other scene, so I don't think this is on him.

Small thing, but I also liked that the blocking for this entire scene was based around keeping a nice Ice Cold Pepsi in the dead center of the shot lol

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

grobbo posted:

From creator interviews:
- Hank cut the tongue out to send a warning to Annie's fellow activists
- Depending on your interpretation, the tongue was then either stolen and stored away by a local member of the community who then participated in the killing, or it was left there by Annie's vengeful spirit to signify that justice had been done.

Why would either party want to leave the tongue under a sandwich table at the research lab instead of out with the bodies? Well, you see, they, uh

I don’t know why lol but this is the thing that gets me the most about the finale. They went out of their way to highlight the tongue several times (asking both Clarke and the Hit Squad who had placed it at Tsalal, showing the strange substance where it had previously been on the floor in the kitchen), but then never actually follow it up. I figured, Oh, I must have just missed something, but I guess not.