Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Just finished watching,this season was better than season 3 but i still think the second season was best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Season 2 has

. Extremely self destructive characters,they’re basically all unhinged lunatics.

.a feeling that anyone could die at any second (which happens alot)

.one really annoying moment where a main character really should have died but survived(but secretly i’m glad they survived because they were great)

.Vince vaughn just…loving saying bizarre poo poo constantly and everyone just being like “…?”

.An extremely good shootout

.The most miserable perfect ending where the “good guys” all get horribly murdered and the bad guys win

.a really annoying bar singer that gets far too much screentime

‘S good.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Season 2 guitar witch was funny in how much she kept popping up but not nearly as annoying as the godawful slow cover music in season 4.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Origami Dali posted:

I don't remember anything about season 2 except somebody riding a motorcycle at night, colin farrell having a dream about a cowboy singing on stage, and for some reason my brain is telling me there's a scene where he punches a 10 year old

Assaults the ten year olds father in front of him(they both deserved it)

Also lol at the cowboy scene wtf was that?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Farrels relationship with his son was some of the most engrossing believable acting i’ve ever seen,i wanted it to work out for them so bad.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Lampsacus posted:

Whenever I do my yearly rewatch of s1, I always finish it with a rewatch of s2. Its like a chaser. I have never rewatched s3 since it aired. it just feels so 'pointless? because the solution to the main mystery at the end wasn't some deeper conspiracy or borderline cosmic horror and that makes it feel strangely... dull? boring? i'm not sure how to phrase it. but its been years since i've seen it so hey -, maybe it's time!

Exactly how i feel,there was no resolution to anything in season 3.It was just miserable.

I would have just preffered a true detective vietnam.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

True detective australia

True detective south africa

True detective vatican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I’ll take my million dollars,thank you.