Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Well aside from a handful of other annoying problems I need to mention the artificial, over-polished green screen look to everything. I'm guessing they did not film much in Alaska, or with the actors outdoors...anywhere.

That or they botched the aesthetic

e: well I guess they spent millions filming in Iceland

Mokelumne Trekka fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I throw in a good word for season 2 whenever I can, I really liked it. I'm curious how I'd feel after a rewatch

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

IMO episode 2 neither worsened nor improved the mediocrity of the season thus far

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

those AI posters are... something else. they should use AI for character wardrobe next, how about a jersey says City Name Sports Team

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I just went through S1 again after ten years and not gonna lie I still don't love the final episode. It felt like a fusion of monster of the week X-Files and a boomer cop show. The other episodes though, are perfect

also this was a few pages back but someone said no one talks about Rachel McAdams in S2, well the same can be said of Michelle Monaghan in S1, both of them own imo

Mokelumne Trekka fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 24, 2024

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I'm on episode 4 of my season 2 rewatch. I literally have no idea why people hated this. It's like a graphic novel, in a good way

S4 is... uh... The atmosphere is nice and all, but I, like, don't understand the causality or flow of anything

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I predict in the next episode the whole town will abruptly break out in a frenzied violent riot, most of it out of frame and referenced through dialogue. Then it will cut to AI-generated banter between the two lead cops, "You callin me Mr. Freeze?", and the riot will not be addressed again

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

gonna read reactions to episode 5 today but I found it to be fairly decent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

setting aside Season 4 briefly in this post -

maybe I'm crazy but the old man makeup/special effects for the two leads in Season 3 has got to be some of the best I've ever seen on TV or film