Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Lol really wasn't expecting the opening scene of a True Detective season to be a bunch of bad looking CGI deer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Season 2 was bad but in a comically entertaining kind of way. I hardly remember anything about Season 3 though, boring as poo poo. Will Season 4 be a masterpiece like Season 1? After episode 1, I can confidently say no. Will it be better than seasons 2 and 3? Probably.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

TheBizzness posted:

All I’m taking away from it is that they cast a really good actress and nobody remembers her role, it was probably a bad show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gGNCyNXCtw

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

roomtone posted:

yeah everything about that sex scene with navarro just made her pretty much a villain in my eyes. i get what they're going for - she hates men as much as she imagines they hate her, and expresses that in pretty much every aspect of her life, but she's ended up behaving like one of the men she hates.

it would've been clearer if the guy she basically raped didn't laugh it all off as antics, including the post-rape domination game with the toothbrush, but i buy that your average kinda dumb dude would react like that on the surface.

Also, you got this incredibly fit woman who looks like she goes to the gym 6-7 days a week for full body workouts smashing some flabby dude who looks like he's never lifted a weight in his life. A big 'she likes easy targets' vibe, intentional or not.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Welp just finished episode 2 and honestly I'm struggling to give a poo poo about anything that's happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Ok I'm pretty much ready to call this a very bad show. Like what am I even supposed to be invested in at this point? I don't give a poo poo about anyone, all these subplots are so lame and generic and bland and the mystery isn't compelling or interesting at all. I almost fell asleep but the last 5 minutes jolted me back awake but even then the supernatural in a TD show is silly.