Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
"the thing" dvd prominently displayed was so on the nose. matthew broderick / beatles connects to the wife beating crab guy and drunk driving incident leah alludes to. the spirals of course. alaska is where rust cohle lived with his dad. lots of references in this season so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Cranappleberry posted:

weird but apparently Travis was spelling out the words "Reggie Ledoux" using the universal language of interpretive dance. Weirdest of all it was with a Texas drawl.

calling it now, travis is rust's dad

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

mark immune posted:

calling it now, travis is rust's dad

booyah

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

i saw META||||L's u.s. tour, both the 1st live date and the 2st live date

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

magiccarpet posted:

Wow a Cohle and Tuttle drop in one episode. Remember them?! From the good one?!

cohle and tuttle weren't in season 2 tho?

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Bright Bart posted:

I'll continue reserving the formation of an overall opinion.

But the callbacks don't even really work. For example, Travis being Rustin's dad. We just know Rustin is a southern boy through and through. He's probably never seen snow in his life.

I'd have maybe put in one spiral pattern, a touch different, on one body. And left it unclear if it's intentionally set down or some kind of scar after a scrape.

This is the most realistic part of the season so far. Not exactly on the same level but see also

Dad, collecting semi-automatic rifles because he's afraid the woke Soros mob will try to cancel him by lethal force any day now: You're seeing a what?! A therapist? What will the neighbours think when they learn I have a crazy son?

True Detective: Night Country: kpop adjacent

no, he grew up in alaska

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

DaveKap posted:

I don't think "starts after the major crime" defines the series because (to memory, which is bad) both Season 1 and 3 start before and after major crimes; it's a matter of the new crime digging up the old crime (a cold case,) which this season does in fact do. I don't think Season 2 had a cold case.

That said, upon looking up some stuff about Season 2 to figure this out, I remembered there was a big scene at an orgy. Was that scene a tracking shot? I'm trying to google if it's a oner and am finding nothing... and I don't feel like looking the scene up.

season 2 had a cold case, the blue diamond theft, that tied into the present day

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

I AM GRANDO posted:

rear end-PEN

that's a boy's name?

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

the science teacher was wrong, the heart is an emoji

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Digital Prophet posted:

True Detectives

This is my least favorite AI

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

2 > 1 > 4 > 3

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

ruddiger posted:

If Shakespeare had more characters telling someone they’ll buttfuck their father with their mom’s headless corpse, I’d probably read more Shakespeare.

this

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

and the mine owners husband

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

koolkal posted:

To be clear, are you saying that YouTube lowers visibility on their videos to appease China? Because that's quite a take.

lol youtube is officially banned in China but let that poster have their schizoid delusion