Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I mainly remember Season 2 being announced as being about 'Secret Occult History of the U.S. Transportation System' which was apparently dropped during development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

The_Rob posted:

I’m gonna blame them. It says 2st. No set designer got a second look at this? I mean it’s possible they were green screen posters and they filled it in later. Though that seems more difficult than just finding some random posters to hang up.

All the set designers were busy with Fiona Shaw's cabin. Or maybe this was done to make the soulless corporate housing even more cold.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
All these things probably seemed to work very well in the writers' room sketching out the season. There is a post-it with HOLDEN on the wall clearly showing his place in the history and development of Danvers with everything else but we get so little information it gets lost.

Maybe it's the Night Country that's to blame, the dark shrouding everything. In Monsieur Spade there is a somewhat similar story with the death of six people in episode 1, a large cast of mostly terrible people bearing horrible secrets. But it's filmed in this gorgeous French environment to balance the dread and horror.
Even season 1 Lousiana was beautiful compared to Ennis which is ugly buildings at night. I'm sure the cinematographer has done stellar work to make it look like it does but there is only so much that can be done with what they are given.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Have we seen a single detective in this season of True Detective? Either plain clothes police or a PI?

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
If Putin watched this he'll nod in agreement that sending someone out naked into an Arctic blizzard at gunpoint is not really murder.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Useful Distraction posted:

Also, why does Cary Joji Fukunaga still get an executive producer credit, I thought he got drummed out of the industry for being a sex pest. Or is that something he'd be contractually entitled to, like the Rick and Morty guy?

Those are immutable guild rules, the maker of a pilot for a series is forever part of it. Like the Night Country.

And Fukunaga is far from drummed out, he directed half of Masters Of The Air.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

VagueRant posted:

To be fair, he had just cracked Navarro over the head with a fire extinguisher for no reason.

And he had a tool in his workshop that looked like a murder weapon. So torture and summary executions are A-OK.

(to be fair, the workshop was also the scene of the crime but the lynch mob did not have Annie's phone they could know this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

pig labeled 3 posted:

If you guys keep talking about this season being bad I will shoot your mouth off your face

Two people already tried that with Navarro but she's got that boxer's jaw of concrete.