Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I kinda liked the first episode, but the unusual locale is doing a lot of heavy lifting for me. Everyone is very sad in this town!

I don’t really have an idea of what is driving this mystery, but I just want to ask why a prehistoric virus or chemical contamination that causes hallucinations would be bad or lame? I trust this show to not become some lame mystery box ordeal like every other show on television. Maybe I’ll be wrong, but True Detective is best when it’s about the journey, not the answers at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

magiccarpet posted:

The plot of the episode shows FBI agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) investigating the deaths of an Alaskan research team. Isolated and alone, the agents and their accompanying team discover the existence of extraterrestrial parasitic organisms that drive their hosts into impulsive fits of rage.

Ahh yeah. Well that would be kind of annoying to repeat the same mystery, if that is what happens.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
You’re all overlooking the possibility that the guy was really proud of his Midjourney prompts and printed them out

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Quavik seems to be the only dude in Ennis who practices self-care. A whole town full of miserable fuckers, and every time we see Quavik he's doin something nice for himself. It's important to take personal time for ice fishing and pursue your hobbies!

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I thought this latest episode was refreshing. Finally, we’re getting the corrupt institutions putting real pressure on our true detectives. I thought it was pretty clear that Prior was going to kill Danvers, once he shot Heiss in front of her. Nice to see some real urgent and immediate stakes.