Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Season 1 is probably my favorite season of television though I will admit I’ve never rewatched it.

Season 2 was meh as hell and I’m kind of surprised to see people really liked it but good for them!

Season 3 was pretty solid but it was mostly on the back of the first 2 episodes and then Ali carrying the show.

I really liked this episode. Even the first 10 minutes, get as weird as you want TD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I don’t know what exactly is being told, but I do think it’s telling that not once has Rachel McAdams been mentioned in Season 2 chat.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Sickening posted:

Speak up now, don't be a coward.

All I’m taking away from it is that they cast a really good actress and nobody remembers her role, it was probably a bad show.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

:lol:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I actually DID forget Tim Riggins was involved.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

joepinetree posted:

True Detective season 1 for me is the best season of any show.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
True Detective might not be up to form yet but this thread definitely is.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

th3t00t posted:

Or the season plays out exactly as it did except Rust wakes up at the end. He’s on the floor in his shack behind the bar. Same pile of Lonestar beer can figurines that he carved at the interview around him. Rust and the audience realize at that same time that there was no interview, he never solved the case or reconciled with Marty. It was all a drunken delusion or a dream.

He cracks open one more beer. Passes out again and asphyxiates on his own vomit.

Then the main theme plays.

Meet me in Temecula.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
This season is gonna own*, nerds. Take your negative Nancy stuff elsewhere!

* I reserve the right to change my mind at 10pm tonight

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

DangerDongs posted:

I think I might be the only who thinks that the guy was just embarrassed to cum too quickly, and she didn't care =)
But she did care subconsciously, which is why she took his toothbrush.

I thought it was either this or the didn’t want to risk pregnancy but both were just excuses to feel less uncomfortable.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’m excited to watch them try to land this plane because lol

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I don’t think Travis is Rust’s dad because the timeline doesn’t make sense but loving great job by goon who called the relation at least.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I really hate that Travis is Rusts dad.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I do not hate this season in fact I think it’s just fine but I do hate the forced season 1 references. Just the spiral would have been enough/better.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
As for things I actually like about the show, I’m really enjoying the police work. The scene where they’re asking questions at the ice rink was good, imo.

I hate that Travis is Rusts dad because it’s shoehorned in for no reason. The Tuttle reference and the Spiral I don’t mind so much since they actually can tie the seasons together in a meaningful way.

Perhaps they’ll prove me wrong but I’m guessing it never gets mentioned again and was just lame rear end fan service.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Way better than Gina Carrano though

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I like it, Rob.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Minor gripe but its odd that a native Alaskan (Navarro) sounds like she just moved from Trenton 6 months ago.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Spiral is older than the ice.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The best thing about this season is you all are posting about it good and bad and I get to discuss it with you all.

Danvers making boy wonder cop stay at the rink and watch the bodies thaw instead of being home with his family hit me in a “I’m just preparing you for what this job actually is” kind of way. And then she goes home to set up for Christmas for her step daughter (presumably Danvers doesn’t give a F about Christmas) who is so overjoyed she sneaks out the window.

This season is definitely a “everyone sucks here” scenario while still making me sad for most of them.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
For anyone who is stressing all the negative posting I offer you this:

They did it to Season 1 also.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Doltos posted:

It does but the thousand dollar checks for playing a video game for 2 hours certainly don't

🤮🤮🤮

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The light is winning, assholes

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I really want to rewatch season 1 before this season ends but I can’t until I finish Fargo (1 ep into season 4) and I don’t think I’m gonna make it.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I don’t want to but I figure I should before I start 5.

It was interesting watching 3 at the same time since the two lead police officers are women and it’s Christmas time but that’s about where the similarities end.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I don’t hate it yet but the internet keeps telling me I shouldn’t watch it.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Fargo season 3 handled injecting some super natural into your very serious detective show perfectly.

True Dick Season 4 maybe not so much.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
No but Fairbanks does :heysexy:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It’s fine I’ll keep drinking that garbage!

My wife and I were excited for this episode, as we enjoyed the first 2, but this one was a miss for me. Not enough episodes to have one that’s 40 minutes of filler, imo.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

HootTheOwl posted:

We believe Navarro and Danvers hosed right

We know Navarro has slept with women in the past.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Jodie Foster has had too much work is definitely not something that’s crossed my mind. If anything I’d have guessed none.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The most recent episode was not good imo but I still have hope.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
True Detective Blood

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, a lot of folks thought the same thing on the Titanic.

I’m gonna play my Tuba until this bitch is submerged!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Rust is my dad and he is a wonderful person.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Is David Gordon Green directing the next episode?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I don’t mind the spiral or the Tuttle references, because in the grander scheme of things they make thematic sense.

The Rust’s dad thing should be met with a collective groan because it was pointless fan service. As another poster said: Leave my perfect season of television alone.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Even the best shows in TVIV go through this same thing, I’m afraid.

At least this season doesn’t have the poster who is scared of ceiling fans typing up paragraphs of nonsense after every episode.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Despera posted:

Season 1 was 10 loving years ago, overrated by this board and the bookend to two other seasons of meh.

If by this board you mean the entire internet then sure I guess but also, gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The mining company had a handful of Teslas outside their office.

My immersion!