Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Keyser_Soze posted:

the writers went out of their way to mention more than once that both Navarro's sister and mother heard voices and saw poo poo, so I'd guess any scene with her alone or with 1 other person or an orange may be entirely in her head. :shrug:

I’m with you. I think every time something spooky has happened to her the person has been pointing in her face which was also from the traumatic flashback to her mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

In think the season is extremely mid to ok right now but with the short season a lot of the overall result is going to hinge on how it wraps up.

It does sort of feel like parts of the show with all the background easter eggs is leaning more on LOST mystery boxing and Marvel youtube fan “10 THINGS YOU MISSED IN EPISODE 2” methods of engagement moreso than just having a good, clean story with fascinating character development like S1.

Personally I’m enjoying the return to feeling like a Call of Cthulhu/Delta Green campaign though.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 2, 2024

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Despera posted:

Season 1 was an endless stream of stupid theories. Maybe they werent encouraged by the showrunners but the season 1 thread is right there.

The whodunnit was a random law mower guy who had 30 seconds of screen time before the final episode.

Half the thread is "why show not season 1?" Season 1 was 10 loving years ago, overrated by this board and the bookend to two other seasons of meh.

One of the season 4 writers has entered the chat

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

People are gonna be so mad when this season has a “scientific” explanation for all the weird going on. Like what the LOST writers promised would happen but then backpedaled on. This really is a call of cthulhu game where the DM is calling for way too many sanity checks. Not sure how they wrap this up in two episodes but I’m on board the goof troop train.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Why did Navarro have the bleeding ears after she freaked out in the warehouse/factory place. Did she also run into the Ithaqua or whatever vague lovecraftian entity was hinted at this time? I don't think it's ever mentioned again.

OptionalPirate posted:

Imagine if Murder on the Orient Express came out now.

EDIT: Poirot is so irrational! Unrealistic.

At least he solved the murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

S2 feels like HBO put the screws to Nicky Pizza to crank out a new season asap so he just locked himself in a room with a typewriter, bag of coke, and Elmore Leonard novels and went to town