Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I repair brass instruments. There are lots of people doing it for a living, but for a computer toucher like me, it's a satisfying hobby. It started with acquiring a vintage instrument that needed some work, and seeing that sending it to a pro would be cost-prohibitive. I've since bought more old horns and practiced on them until I feel like I have a grip on the basics.

I've gotten to where I've done a few repairs on friends' instruments that turned out cosmetically quite nice!

I'll see if I can find some nice before/after pictures later, Imgur seems to have crapped out right now.

That's pretty neat, I'd like to see pics. None of the instruments I play are brass, I have no idea what goes on with them or how you work on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

It's barely a hobby since I don't actually know how to play it, but it's weird and unusual:

Here's my favorite preset:

That's awesome, I'm super jealous since one of my addictions hobbies is collecting musical instruments and (usually half-assedly) figuring out how to play them. Probably for the best that I've never run into one while browsing flea markets and such.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

I need to do some tank stuff soon but I know I have pics of mine vs. normal somewhere.

OK no edit needed, on the left is a normal sized 1.25" adult with ok-ish markings and the right two are my Big line adults. The bigger they grow the more they lose coloration. I can't find an easy pic of my Brown line adults but they're not getting this big.

I forgot to actually post my question with the first one, that's cool but I was just curious what you do with them? Do folks just want them for tanks, for other pets to eat, etc?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ah okay, that's really cool!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:justpost::f5h::frog:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

theironjef posted:

Theatrical release movie posters for the two Ewok movies that came out in the mid 80s. I also have a couple action figures and a French LP of the Les Petit Ewoks song that was written to accompany the first film.

I had never once considered the possibility of Wilford Brimley's crotchety visage gracing my walls, and now it's the thing I want most in life :sweatdrop:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

For about 15 years we have kept poison dart frogs

I think that's the most unique one, I've never heard of anyone personally keeping those. They look rad as hell, but I had no idea they were safe enough to keep.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

mycatscrimes posted:

If they are captive bred they don't have any poison! I think it's because their poison comes from their diet, like fugu fish.

:aaaaa:

TIL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's very cool looking, and congratulations on consistently not looking like a weirdo during the entire acquisition and assembly process :ocelot: