Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

seance snacks posted:

Working on getting my Citizens Frogwatch Certification now, but it’s an academic program through some university’s bio department. You take a test to show you can identify frog & toad calls and then you’re able to submit your logs on the program’s website which is basically a giant data model to tracks amphib populations/wetlands health.

That’s really neat. I wonder how easily something like Birdnet could be adapted for frogs and toads. I set up a Birdnet Pi (a raspberry pi with a microphone, set up to always be listening) in my backyard (as well as my parents and in-laws) so we could better tell what’s in our yards. It’d be amazing to have that expanded to include amphibians and reptiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU