Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
So, what are your unusual hobbies? Do you collect something weird? Play an instrument few have heard of? Are you one of 20 people world wide practicing some strange sport? Do you know a type of knitting that fell out of fashion in 1803? Share your weird hobbies here, maybe we can inspire goons to take up a weird hobby?

As for myself, I am a lace maker. Mostly bobbin lace, but also embroidered and crotchet lace, so not really weird at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

Read the title as "Weird and Unusual Body" and thought this was just a selfie thread

I guess highly unusual selfies could be a hobby?

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

Tree Bucket posted:

I think the local forest is my hobby? I spend a lot of time there taking photos of birds and interesting lichen, drawing maps of species distributions, trying to puzzle out why different plants grow where they do, doing really amateurish ecological field surveys...
It's a good forest. Except for the mosquitoes

May I request bird pics? And if possible, squirrels? I love meeting birds and squirrels.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

Chernobyl Princess posted:

I spin.

This is Roxy-Mae, my first spinning wheel. She's an antique, technically, but only about a hundred years old, and is a bit finicky, being double-drive and single-treadle. I've made some really lovely yarn on her though

This Christmas I got an Ashford Kiwi, which doesn't have a name yet

This thing is incredibly easy to use, and the integrated lazy Kate (a thing to hold full bobbins so you can twist them together to make plied yarn) is incredibly useful. I've only finished one yarn on it, but it might be the nicest yarn I've ever made.

Your yarn is amazing! Do you dye as well?

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Frogs, please!