Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

JBP posted:

Can't wait to accidentally shoot my gamer buds in the back of the head and yell "you're blocking my shots" into the mic

I am very much looking forward to dropping supply pods on all my friends. :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
I wish they'd finally announce if the game is going to launch with GeForce Now support. It seems to be 17% off on Fanatical, but who knows for how long :ohdear:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

JBP posted:

Can't wait to "accidentally" shoot my gamer buds in the back of the head and yell "you're blocking my shots" into the mic

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

JBP posted:

Can't wait to accidentally shoot my gamer buds in the back of the head and yell "you're blocking my shots" into the mic

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Bandire posted:

I am very much looking forward to dropping supply pods on all my friends. :hfive:

More pods, more people, more votes. Now that's what I call democracy!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv3jCBl9EyQ

https://gloryforsuperearth.com/

Streamer campaign announced, go watch 'em die for Democracy until the Twitch drop activates so you can go to the main website and claim an armor skin:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Jossar posted:

Streamer campaign announced, go watch 'em die for Democracy until the Twitch drop activates so you can go to the main website and claim an armor skin:

Wow, they put down Shroud money. They're pulling for this game to be a big deal.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Jossar posted:

How does this work exactly, it seems like a really elaborate twitch campaign. Only available in certain countries at certain times?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

TescoBag posted:

How does this work exactly, it seems like a really elaborate twitch campaign. Only available in certain countries at certain times?

Probably will find out tomorrow when the twitch campaign goes live on twitch.tv
It would show up here: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/campaigns

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Have they shown off cape twirling?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

why is the thread poll radio buttons and not checkboxes :mad:

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

They're not radio buttons; they're managed checkboxes.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
My body is ready

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Why do the devs have to be located in Sweden making the release time 3AM for me?

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Jossar fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 8, 2024

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I'm waiting to see what the initial reaction is like before I drop the cash but I'm still hype as gently caress. Just been burned too many times with preorder at this point.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So this looks like EDF ish?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

but much harder and somehow an even bigger focus on shooting your teammates

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Philthy posted:

So this looks like EDF ish?

Yeah but there is less class variance, less building destruction and less crazy vehicles. The focus is on completing objectives and escaping the mission area instead of just killing everything.

There is no reason not to sing the EDF anthems while playing though.

Ciaphas posted:

Each citizen you drop in will live long enough to use one of them.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 8, 2024

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i'm waiting to see what the multiplayer scene will be like, on a toxicity scale from "dota" to "DRG"

has there been any clear sign of how hard one has to sweat to not be a massive liability to the team? i distinctly remember the one time I played the original I played with goons who were more upsettingly toxic than any pubbie I'd played any game with in years. turned me off of the whole damned game (not to mention playing with goons lol)

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

i'm waiting to see what the multiplayer scene will be like, on a toxicity scale from "dota" to "DRG"

has there been any clear sign of how hard one has to sweat to not be a massive liability to the team? i distinctly remember the one time I played the original I played with goons who were more upsettingly toxic than any pubbie I'd played any game with in years. turned me off of the whole damned game (not to mention playing with goons lol)

Did you even get anything for winning in the first game? I vaguely remember a war campaign but I thought progress was just leveling and unlocking stratagems.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I logged into the first game recently and the community had lost a war. The guy next to the campaign map was like "We lost and have to find a new Super Earth". There was a cutscene where the planet exploded, the credits rolled and I was sent back to the main menu. I was able to start the game again where a new capaign was being run. This might be why the new game is allegedly running a never-ending campaign, because it was kind of confusing to see "We lost! Game Over" and then having to manually start the game again.

I think there were achievements for defeating the homeworld of each faction, and also one for defending against attacks on Super Earth (so you had to be intentionally losing, or the community had to be low on players or ignoring a faction for a while). If you beat a faction or defend earth there is also a cosmetic reward.

There were stratagem and weapon unlocks up until level 30 something (upgrades were unlocked with research points found in missions), and then DLC added another 20-25 levels just for the sake of progress, with another armour at the highest level.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

WarpedLichen posted:

Did you even get anything for winning in the first game? I vaguely remember a war campaign but I thought progress was just leveling and unlocking stratagems.

If the community finished a campaign you got a cape after your first victory.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

no pre-release reviews?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

No which is always unsettling. But I trust in Managed Democracy!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Qmass posted:

no pre-release reviews?

It's weird because a bunch of people have definitely played the game, but it feels like none of the usual suspects made a big high-profile video about it.

TescoBag posted:

Another video with gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85ZluDbK8ZA

31 minutes of it!

"The thing about hell divers is that you are always outnumbered but your firepower is very bastard"

For instance, this is a mostly full video, but it's been done by Atomix.vg, a Latin American gaming website.

A guy from IGN did a review: https://www.ign.com/articles/helldivers-2-the-final-preview where he says that he very much enjoyed the game, but felt like he'd seen most of the content in only a few hours. Not sure how much of that was just what he was allowed to see though.

EDIT: And one from GameSpot (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re4c_Wu7u6I which said mostly the same thing, although was more optimistic about its future generally.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 8, 2024

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i'll let y'all know in 6 hours

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i'll let y'all know in 6 hours

I am going to shoot you, a lot

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

yeah but what else is new

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Popete posted:

Why do the devs have to be located in Sweden making the release time 3AM for me?

They hate you, op. They hate everything you stand for. They hate your freedom.

Just like the bugs.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I am going to bring Democracy at 0400 hours

:stoked:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Can you play this single player?

Is it 60fps on ps5?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Is it 60fps on ps5?

Yes you can.

I don't know, but the previews looked 30fps.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Jossar posted:

TescoBag posted:

Details:

Expires after 10AM PT 2/23/2024

Just watch for an hour until item is in your twitch inventory, then go to the glory website, link your twitch account, and redeem.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Is it 60fps on ps5?

Looking at the PC specs, the PS5 pretty much hits the recommended settings, which the chart says target 1080p@60.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

JBP posted:

Yes you can.

I don't know, but the previews looked 30fps.

Yeah, every preview seems to have 60 & 30fps footage but nobody bothers to talk about it.

Badly Jester posted:

Looking at the PC specs, the PS5 pretty much hits the recommended settings, which the chart says target 1080p@60.

Hmm, maybe this will be the first time I go Steam in a long while. this game looks right up my alley.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

I hear this game is riddled with bugs and overrun by bots

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

TescoBag posted:

I hear this game is riddled with bugs and overrun by bots

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004