Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Quasar owns bones. Finally a decent laser weapon (the other support one that’s like a super Scythe is alright I guess)

Guaranteed one hit headshot kill on Chargers, and getting them just as they’re charging you is quite a rush. I didn’t find the windup or cooldown too limiting.

Replaces EAT for me. The only real downside against it is that EAT frees up a slot for a fellow Helldiver as you get 2 with each drop, and 1:30 minute cooldowns are great. You can just have stashes of them all over the map.

Durzel fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Don't forget that all the boosters are in the first warbond also

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Explosive hits really bone berserker ime. Scorcher and plasma shotgun both handle them breezily without the weak point panic

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Don't sleep on the muscle booster, took it on the snow planet and it's night and day, you can stride over that snow like it's nothing, the extra mobility really helps when running away from bots. I think I'll take it on any planet that restricts movement from now on.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Yeah grind away for that Stamina booster

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Just put the HMG on 450rpm and aim a little bit high. And tap fire.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Honestly once I cranked the HMG down to 450rpm I found myself liking it way more. There's not much superearthly reason to have it higher unless you really need to unload into a Charger rear end or something. Really rude of AH to release another weapon that not only has no floating reticle but also horribly misaligned sights. But hey it hits like a freight train so I'm okay with it

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Don't sleep on the muscle booster, took it on the snow planet and it's night and day, you can stride over that snow like it's nothing, the extra mobility really helps when running away from bots. I think I'll take it on any planet that restricts movement from now on.

I take it on every single drop no matter what planet because it also reduces slowdown and stumble when taking hits, which is by itself way more useful than any other booster in the game imo. The fact that it helps with terrain is just a nice lil bonus.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

novaSphere posted:

Honestly once I cranked the HMG down to 450rpm I found myself liking it way more. There's not much superearthly reason to have it higher unless you really need to unload into a Charger rear end or something. Really rude of AH to release another weapon that not only has no floating reticle but also horribly misaligned sights. But hey it hits like a freight train so I'm okay with it

Pretty sure the sights on these things are intentional, like there some loving big rear end real world inspiration for this gun, and the sight on that are off by several inches due to the mounting or something and so they are like yeah, do that.

Like anything with a sight and laser pointer don't go where the sight is either.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

I didn't even intend to be here, matchmaking just shoved me into a diff 1-but no loving wonder people run these when they want super credits

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yeah it is stupid easy to farm super credits on diff 1.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Fangz posted:

Just put the HMG on 450rpm and aim a little bit high. And tap fire.
Really even on 750 the recoil is pretty manageable so long as you crouch or prone before firing (and fire in controlled bursts but you should be doing that anyway to maximize your ammo efficiency). Big lol, lmao, at the sights being so egregiously off though, but at least it's easy enough to walk your tracers onto target in third-person even without a crosshair.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

johnny park posted:

Don't forget that all the boosters are in the first warbond also

Not true, the booster in Cutting Edge is a good one.

Tommy the Newt
Mar 25, 2017

The king of the sand castle

BadLlama posted:

Pretty sure the sights on these things are intentional, like there some loving big rear end real world inspiration for this gun, and the sight on that are off by several inches due to the mounting or something and so they are like yeah, do that.

Like anything with a sight and laser pointer don't go where the sight is either.

There's no way the misalignment is intentional, the game is new and well-documented as being buggy and janky. There would have had to be a meeting at Arrowhead where someone went 'hey, y'know, for truly immersive satire let's make the AMR sight consistently off by a millimetre' and then for everyone else in the room to go 'yeah that's a great idea, I'm sure our audience will love this and appreciate our commitment to realism/satire/pro level trolling.'

I have no idea why this idea is so prevalent.

And if the misalignment is intentional, which it isn't, it'd be loving stupid.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

BadLlama posted:

There's only so much milsim I can take but yeah almost every sight in this game is awful, but few weapons are as egregiously misaligned as the AMR and now the HMG

edit: ^^^, there is just no way the sights are intentionally this terrible.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Umm actually have you guys considered it might be satire???

Tommy the Newt
Mar 25, 2017

The king of the sand castle
Game crashed on me three times during a match, but it was just metatextual commentary on the transitory nature of a satirical regime that claims to be permanent, lol these guys are geniuses.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
My testing was limited, but the HMG doesn't seem to dismantle Hulks like the turret does, in fact it doesn't seem to do anything to them.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

It will kill them if you hit the eye, which is pretty difficult when the sight lies.

Litmus test for if you'll enjoy the HMG:

Have you ever used the dominator and wished that it had a bigger mag and took up your support slot?

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 28, 2024

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I have no doubt that the sight misalignment is a bold, intentional design decision just like everything else in the game.

When I was stuck on the loading screen on the last mission of an operation, I couldn't help but realize the true genius of the developer's vision. The juxtaposition of the eternal descent in hellpods with the fleeting, brief life of the helldiver within really made me think of the brevity of my own life against the eternal loading of the universe.

I ALT+F4'd with tears in my eyes. How could anyone think that such a beautiful moment was an accident?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Infidelicious posted:

Have you ever used the dominator and wished that it had a bigger mag - YES

and took up your support slot? - NO

Hakarne posted:

I have no doubt that the sight misalignment is a bold, intentional design decision just like everything else in the game.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

LazyMaybe posted:

I didn't even intend to be here, matchmaking just shoved me into a diff 1-but no loving wonder people run these when they want super credits

I have a great map seed that generates 70 credits and ~12 medals a run with a group of 4 in about 80 seconds. Over the last few days off and on with people I made about 3.5k credits and 600 medals. I'm sure they are going to have to do something about this.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Legit Businessman posted:

I have a great map seed that generates 70 credits and ~12 medals a run with a group of 4 in about 80 seconds. Over the last few days off and on with people I made about 3.5k credits and 600 medals. I'm sure they are going to have to do something about this.

How does one go about doing this, legit businessman? I didn't realise it was possible to force a seed when selecting a mission

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Mordja posted:

My testing was limited, but the HMG doesn't seem to dismantle Hulks like the turret does, in fact it doesn't seem to do anything to them.
https://i.imgur.com/edXHpn4.mp4

HMG can both kill them via the eye and also break off their arms.
Plus it can break tank vents.

I'm not in favor of setting it to low RoF, personally. It's never going to be a good weapon for general purpose cannon fodder killing, especially at range-it's only good at shredding big things up close. Leaving it on medium RoF is better for that.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is it a stand-in-place reload?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

How does one go about doing this, legit businessman? I didn't realise it was possible to force a seed when selecting a mission

You can't force a seed but if you Alt+F4 out of a mission the seed for that mission is preserved. So when you find a good one, get the creds and medals and then quit out.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Is it a stand-in-place reload?
Yes. Seems to be a similar time to the MG-43.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Well the Quasar's replaced the RR as my anti-bot heavy of choice. Being able to pull it out to wreck a dropship without worrying about wasting ammo, and not having to stop while it reloads after, AND I get to use a backpack, is perfect for me.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

LazyMaybe posted:

Yes. Seems to be a similar time to the MG-43.

Havent timed it but it feels significantly longer on the reload.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I did think it felt longer, but I don't want to put that out there without actually measuring.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I'm enjoying the scorcher as the only primary that actually does anything when I shoot the big glowing weak point on a tank or turret. Haven't tried it on bugs yet

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Slugger can damage tank/turret vents too :eng101:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

forest spirit posted:

I've been running it and it's so helpful with a coordinated team, and the cooldown is a little over a minute which lines up with the timers on a lot of enemy reinforcements so whenever a new breach pops up we can put it down easily and focus fire on a hulk or BT or give them the slip and dip

I ran with a buddy on 6 and he ended up getting kicked through something on his end and I was alone the ems and gat saved my life. I didn’t make evac bht I completed the mission. 🫡

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Benagain posted:

I'm enjoying the scorcher as the only primary that actually does anything when I shoot the big glowing weak point on a tank or turret. Haven't tried it on bugs yet

It’s meh on bugs because they get too close and you’ll blow yourself up. Decent for the fat bitches though. But still better to bring something that can get close

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Soo the HMG on 1200 RPM tap firing is actually pretty good..

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

ok yeah I retract my statement it's pretty good when revved up. Definitely like it more vs. bugs than bots right now; the HMG absolutely shits on Stalkers it's great

BadLlama posted:

Soo the HMG on 1200 RPM tap firing is actually pretty good..

yep confirmed, just tap firing at 1200 is extremely good

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 29, 2024

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

"Legit" Strats from the "Legit" Businessman:

1) Difficulty 1. Duh. As you know, higher difficulties spawn in more bad dudes, as well as making the gold-flash pods have useless stuff in them like RARE SCIENCE. BLECH!
2) You are looking for a map with a central objective and the escape zone...not in the middle.
3) Water is your enemy. Water, the natural enemy of farming, prevents POI's from spawning in, so maps that have no water are best.
4) Now that you've identified a potential farming map, drop in on your prospective farm seed. Have a look around see what you got. Make a note of what spawns the various pods/crates/friendship doors. On difficulty 1, there should be about 10 POI's. You are looking for (in order of importance) Super Credit drops, medals, and rec slips (lol). The more of the first two, the better. You are going to max out on rec quite easily, so you don't need to farm it.
5) Once you've mapped out what is on, evaluate it. If you've got 5+ SC drops and low rec/weapon drops, you probably have a great map! It may take a few tries, and admittedly, I have been very fortunate, but the odds are in your favour. On difficulty 1 (as mentioned above), the odds are in your favour of getting SC's and Medal drops. For comparisons sake, the map I have had :smith: contained the following:
3 Pods, 3 Cargo Crates, and 2 Friendship Doors containing
6 Medals, 7 Super Credits, 1 Rec Slips, and 1 Weapon. So out of 15 possible drops, only 2 of them are bricks.
6) Once you have collected all of the SC/Medals/Rec (lol), disconnect from the map by alt-F4, or disabling your internet connection. As long as you do not complete the map (or abandon it from the menu, I think), this map will exist for you permanently.
7) Drop back on to the map. All of the locations, with all of the goodies, DO NOT CHANGE. So the POI that has a crate with two SC drops in it? That is fixed and will never change.
8) Develop a fast and efficient route to hit all the drops and farm to your heart's (or wallet's) content.

If you wish to keep the seed, you have a couple of options:
UPDATE 2024-04-04: It looks like you can return to your farming map no matter what if you do the following:
0) Don't personally select another mission - playing in quickplay or with friends/randos is fine, as long as you personally never select the map (ie. be host).
1) Be on your own ship.
2) Make sure the galactic map is zoomed out as far it as can go
3) exit the map, and wait a second or two
4) the galactic map table should bring you to your farm, click on it and away you go!

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 4, 2024

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So, the Quasar does everything a RR/EAT does, but it's a laser? Has anyone tested it on Shrieker nests and other armoured structures?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

So, the Quasar does everything a RR/EAT does, but it's a laser? Has anyone tested it on Shrieker nests and other armoured structures?

It will two shot Bot Turret Towers, but it will not blow up Stratagem Jammers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

2 hits to kill a nest, one to kill a broadcast tower but I haven't tested it against bots yet. It seems to have more damage than EAT/RR since it can 1-shot dropships at center mass.