Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

After accusing the Blitzer of being a niche weapon, I gave it a whirl for a bunch of random bug 8s last night and it's honestly great?? Unlimited ammo, doesn't need much aiming, and cleans up everything short of Bile Spewers pretty easily. It can even decapitate Brood Commanders in a single discharge if all the arcs hit. It suffers a bit from the occasional misfire and sometimes inconsistent targeting, but aren't showstoppers. I ran:

Engineer armor
Blitzer
Grenade Pistol
Impact Nade

Laserdog
EATs

And then two of the following to taste:
500kg
Airstrike
Napalm Strike
Orbital Precision
Autocannon Turret

Armored bile spewers were occasionally a hassle but that's why I went Grenade Pistol and Impacts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone else on PC getting dropped during matches a lot, with a "you've lost your internet connection" issue?

Last night I got it twice within 10 minutes. Today I then did a helldive by myself where I lay in a bush for 34 minutes without dropping. I decided to finish the mission and about 3 minutes after I started running around and throwing airstrikes, it disconnected me again.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

novaSphere posted:

After accusing the Blitzer of being a niche weapon, I gave it a whirl for a bunch of random bug 8s last night and it's honestly great??

I find the Blitzer against bugs generally pretty good. It is very good at kiting bugs, shoot turn and run, turn and shoot without even aiming, runaway, repeat.

There are better primaries but its usable. I didn't like it against robits though.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Blitzer is fantastic and id be using it still if it werent for eruptor.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i really want to like the blitzer, but its niche, which imo is infinite ammo primary that easily clears trash, is better served by the sickle or, to a lesser extent, scythe. While it doesnt overheat or need to replace heatsinks, its drawbacks of needing to be very close and being very dangerous to your teammates outweigh those benefits

i really wish it was good at popping spewers. i think that would give it a good place in the list of primaries without making it too op since you would need to get close to the spewer to kill it and that would put you in a lot of danger from the puke or other bugs hitting and stunning you

idk, maybe im just not using it in the best conditions

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I don't think the blitzer "easily clears trash" at all. You're normally killing 1 bug per shot with a very slow rate of fire, you only kill multiple when they're spaced just so, and even then only for the really weak stuff. Sometimes you blast a hunter and nothing else and it still doesn't die.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Let it arc off the ship upgrade imo.

vvv: yep. Spewers must die.

Med Pen Scythe, perhaps? :getin:

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 17, 2024

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

mainly, i just want a primary that can dumpster spewers and isnt explosive so i can use it in danger close situations

i guess the dominator fits that bill, but i dont think the blitzer would be stepping on its toes if it could as well

*edit just realized that med pen dmrs could fit this nicely if they werent trash overall. looking forward to those getting rebalanced

ScootsMcSkirt fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 17, 2024

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

explosivo posted:

I hit a cannon turret from about 298 yards away last night, I think 300 might be the actual limit?

300 is the spear lock range yes

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!
Eruptor is my new favorite gun, and completely obviates the grenade launcher on bug missions. It closes holes more reliably from further away, and clears eggs twice as thoroughly as well. Stalwart as my 'side arm', Orbital Walking Barrage, 110HE, and 380HE. Just a deligthful romp through bug planets, loving up their hives and dipping out with Scout armor.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

did they change bile titans or the mech rockets? i used to be able to reliably 2 shot a bile titan in the head but trying today on an eradicate i just couldnt make it work. also is there a trick to EAT/RR/Quasar for titans? i keep reading and seeing people drop em in 1 or 2 hits to the face but i can never do it. is there a sweet spot like with the charger head plate?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Kly posted:

did they change bile titans or the mech rockets? i used to be able to reliably 2 shot a bile titan in the head but trying today on an eradicate i just couldnt make it work. also is there a trick to EAT/RR/Quasar for titans? i keep reading and seeing people drop em in 1 or 2 hits to the face but i can never do it. is there a sweet spot like with the charger head plate?

Its very easy for the shot to hit like the behind the head hitbox which only damages the body. You need to hit the mouth area for best effect, in which case you can pretty reliably headshot them in 2. Quasar can sometimes be tough to do this with due to the wobbly reticle.

I will say that if you railcannon a BT and then hit the quasar anywhere in the head region it will reliably go down so you can quickly 2 tap by throwing strategem then charging the quasar for simultaneous impact.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Kly posted:

is there a sweet spot like with the charger head plate?

Yes. At least in my experience.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Slyphic posted:

Eruptor is my new favorite gun, and completely obviates the grenade launcher on bug missions. It closes holes more reliably from further away, and clears eggs twice as thoroughly as well. Stalwart as my 'side arm', Orbital Walking Barrage, 110HE, and 380HE. Just a deligthful romp through bug planets, loving up their hives and dipping out with Scout armor.

I've been doing Eruptor, Arc Cannon, Stun Grenadea, and Grenade Pistol on bugs and it's been real fun. It's been a little weird getting used to the Eruptor because I have specific buttons assigned for Primary, Secondary, and Support rather than buttons for switching and because the Eruptor feels like more of a Support sometimes I press the wrong button for it.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Do Titans still have that timing element where hitting them when they are inhaling seems to do more damage? (Not sure if its just because it makes the hitbox for the weak zone larger or what though)

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I think the optimal spot to hit the titan is actually the forehead spot instead of the mouth

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

hey mom its 420 posted:

I think the optimal spot to hit the titan is actually the forehead spot instead of the mouth

That's dumb. Next thing you're going to tell me the Charger's weak spot is their forehead, right?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Previously railgunning the cheeks would one hit bile titans, maybe try there

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Where is bile titan rear end cheeks?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

BadLlama posted:

You stick a blue light up its rear end cheeks and it dies too yeah

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Didn't they fix the bug with damage being different between PC/PS5? I remember that was a huge factor in killing bile titans. Maybe that changed things here?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Spookydonut posted:

autocannon sentry will just sit there and waste all its ammo trying to destroy fabricators and it makes me mad

I've actually seen it destroy a fab once. Used all the ammo though.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Rail Cannon rifle is poo poo and I am not missing anything, right?

I started playing around when they nerfed it so I don't know, and a friend is saying it's still very good but you gotta overcharge it and aim correctly. After hours and hours I am positive he's full of poo poo. I can't find a use case for it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Vic posted:

I started playing around when they nerfed it so I don't know, and a friend is saying it's still very good but you gotta overcharge it and aim correctly. After hours and hours I am positive he's full of poo poo. I can't find a use case for it.

It's not great anymore after the nerf but were you using it in unsafe mode? It's still not great even in unsafe mode but that is the only way to make it like sort of useable.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Railgun should 100% get buffed or tweaked to move it into an actual niche. The game has changed / new stuff has dropped and it really doesnt have a place. Its usuable for certain situations but I dont think anyone would say its "good"

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Vic posted:

It's very good at killing devastators and striders and hulks in one shot. If you have a loadout that needs that it fits in nicely.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Yeah overcharge=unsafe mode. What is the use case? It's not fun to shoot and it doesn't do much damage or mayhem and it feels like a backlog "will fix later" weapon because it was way too op.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

there really isn't one as things are, just use Autocannon instead

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Slyphic posted:

What do you do against titans and chargers? Just specialize hard enough in area clear that your team can handle them?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Vic posted:

It's not fun to shoot and it doesn't do much damage or mayhem and it feels like a backlog "will fix later" weapon because it was way too op.

Pretty much, yeah. It was dominant enough in the meta that tryhards were kicking players if they didn't bring it, the devs were right to go for the nerf but they overdid it I think.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Helldamn!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Railgun should be a primary instead of a stratagem.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Risky Bisquick posted:

Previously railgunning the cheeks would one hit bile titans, maybe try there
only due to the ps5 client bug, nothing to do with hitzones

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
The quasar is basically the closest thing to what the Railgun was pre-nerf, except better because it never runs out of ammo and you can't blow yourself up. Railgun really needs a rethink for them to figure out where its niche should be, right now it feels like everything it does some other gun does better.

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

WHERE MY HAT IS AT posted:

The quasar is basically the closest thing to what the Railgun was pre-nerf, except better because it never runs out of ammo and you can't blow yourself up. Railgun really needs a rethink for them to figure out where its niche should be, right now it feels like everything it does some other gun does better.

I have blown myself up with the quasar cannon. It is possible.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

managed to dive through Pelican-1 last night and couldn't extract :(

https://i.imgur.com/kUQEFlr.mp4

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

redreader posted:

Anyone else on PC getting dropped during matches a lot, with a "you've lost your internet connection" issue?

Last night I got it twice within 10 minutes. Today I then did a helldive by myself where I lay in a bush for 34 minutes without dropping. I decided to finish the mission and about 3 minutes after I started running around and throwing airstrikes, it disconnected me again.

tuesday night is steam maintinence and anytime the server flickers you'll drop, not generally worth playing from 6-8 EST

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

Ravenfood posted:

What do you do against titans and chargers? Just specialize hard enough in area clear that your team can handle them?

I've never yet had a drop where other people didn't bring 3-4 anti titan weapons. But also I can just run away, or ideally, lure them over a stray hellbomb which is a pretty sweet kill.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Video Nasty posted:

managed to dive through Pelican-1 last night and couldn't extract :(

Was your movement completely locked? Usually when this happens you have to crawl back out through the bay door, because it only counts you if you cross that threshold and not if you clip through the hull. This can also happen if you reinforce into the Pelican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

BadLlama posted: