Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m from fenrir iii and I say kill em all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rockets gonna win fo sho

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Saraiguma posted:

the sickle is absolutely getting nerfed, it is too good of a generalist with no glaring weaknesses

It has spin up time, and it absolutely is a drag on fire planets. It's still a tad too good though.

Hwurmp posted:

preemptive congrats on the new rocket launchers everyone

For sure, the less people that bring mines that totally blend into the terrain the better.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Not only do most players dislike mines, and mines have many weaknesses that have been noted in the thread, the planets for mines are hot wasteland with flame tornadoes that links to hot desert with sandstorms while the planets for launchers are cold planet that links to swamp with fog

Really stacking the odds against mines enjoyers there with the hot planets

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Guys that fight in black body suits prefer cold planets

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I bet those mines would have loving ripped. Friendly fire less, heavy-only targeting, underarmour explosions?

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Apr 26, 2024

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Risky Bisquick posted:

For sure, the less people that bring mines that totally blend into the terrain the better.

If the mines are only triggered by heavy enemies then they should be fine. Edit: LOL. Apparently they don't.

Deciding factor between the two choices in my mind is how effective the airburst will be against ground targets. As it is we have weapons for dealing with gunships easily enough and shriekers are even less of an issue; plus it's invisible chance whether you even get either spawn.

darnon fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 26, 2024

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

i want to pop a swarm of bugs with the air burst

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

darnon posted:

If the mines are only triggered by heavy enemies then they should be fine.

Deciding factor between the two choices in my mind is how effective the airburst will be against ground targets. As it is we have weapons for dealing with gunships easily enough and shriekers are even less of an issue; plus it's invisible chance whether you even get either spawn.

Given data mined testing, it absolute rips through everything that's not heavily armored. A single rocket can wipe out entire patrols.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

AT mines on the other hand, were really bad :(

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

skaianDestiny posted:

Given data mined testing, it absolute rips through everything that's not heavily armored. A single rocket can wipe out entire patrols.

yeah it's basically a shoulder mounted cluster strike

the teamkill potential is off the charts

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
Mines need more love. Halve the cooldown so I can go nuts with them.

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

Dren posted:

I want to see gameplay of someone doing well with it on helldive. There is something I am missing about people’s eruptor love. The problem I run into is actually getting that AoE to kill enough enemies with each shot that I don’t end up overwhelmed. There are lots of terrain situations that are disadvantageous to explosive weapons and AoE. Enemies higher than you, enemies that spread out (hunters have to be a huge problem), enemies that have formed a conga line so you only get like 2 per shot. Those problems don’t seem solvable by constantly repositioning during the bolt animation. My assessment was that it doesn’t kill fast enough to reliably prevent bug breech loops.

And that’s not to mention some of the other issues like ricochets when trying to shoot at the ground next to an enemy, shrapnel rng causing it to do little damage, and the wobbly sight.

I took it on a medium mission with a jump pack for high ground and fought the bugs at extract to give it a real softball. It felt like way more work and higher TTK than breaker incendiary or sickle.

Baby T. Love posted:

I'd say Laser Dog required for bugs. Erupter just frees you from needing to keep shooting, move on after clicking your target once. It's dead or close enough that Laser Dog will mop it up, move on to your next target.
The time spent cycling/reloading is time I spend engaged with analyzing the current situation and moving, instead of having to keep shooting during that time.

Helldivers run faster than bugs, with a few exceptions that Laser Dog should be able to take care of. Just run away!

Actual tip: something that is easy to see with the Always-On sight: The slow-moving trailing marker that the Erupter has actually rests where your camera is aiming, so running away from enemies while keeping the camera (and trailing marker) on your next target makes shooting them much faster during the Shoot and Scoot.

Baby T. Love fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 26, 2024

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
What I am about to say is entirely vibes based:

I've played mostly bots and I do not like the sickle because it feels like it suppresses less than other automatic weapons. Whenever I spin up the sickle I get shot in the face, but if I take anything that throws lots of bullets I can kind of just crouch and shoot at a group without actually eating much of the return fire.

It is entirely possible it's because I don't stop shooting to reposition and reload as often but it would also make sense that they use the same (hidden) stat for suppression that they use for shooting through leaf.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I kinda want mines to win since if they are actually good this would be more interesting than yet another explosive support weapon. But rockets are definitely going to win, yeah.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

ErKeL posted:

Mines need more love. Halve the cooldown so I can go nuts with them.

One of the ship upgrades reduces the cooldown by 100 seconds.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Time for some good ol' analysis paralysis

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

One of the ship upgrades reduces the cooldown by 100 seconds.

calldown, not cooldown

and it still takes 5 seconds for the pod to actually land

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

The fact that we have to choose is a nice little cherry on top to complete the meme reference.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I want mines to win to accomplish my new OP load out

Liberator Concussive

Dagger

Smoke Grenades

Anti-Personnel Mines

Anti-Tank Mines

Incendiary Mines

Orbital Smoke

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

What I am about to say is entirely vibes based:

I've played mostly bots and I do not like the sickle because it feels like it suppresses less than other automatic weapons. Whenever I spin up the sickle I get shot in the face, but if I take anything that throws lots of bullets I can kind of just crouch and shoot at a group without actually eating much of the return fire.

It is entirely possible it's because I don't stop shooting to reposition and reload as often but it would also make sense that they use the same (hidden) stat for suppression that they use for shooting through leaf.

i dont think devastators suffer from any sort of suppression effect, or at the very least, not from any weapon I've ever shot at them, which is most
a heavy dev will still snipe your head off from half the map away while you're painting his eyelids with small arms fire

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

heavy devs are actually the most noticable. when you shoot at them they go from a laser beam to a wild cone

ironically this can result in you taking a hit you otherwise wouldn't, but makes it unlikely they'll actually kill you

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

calldown, not cooldown

and it still takes 5 seconds for the pod to actually land

That's right, by taking that upgrade your mines will land 95 seconds before you've thrown the beacon!

Its lightly funny they went from normal description but non-functional to nonsense description, but still non-functional on that destroyer upgrade

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
I've been trying incendiary mines since I got the new destroyer add-on for fire stratagems; you throw one down on a bug breach on haz 9 as it pops and you'll just see that kill count rise and rise.

It's also helpful with the conga line that stacks up at higher levels, but it's really dependant on map/planet. So basically like every other stratagem it's not a cookie cutter solution and of course... air units exists.

All that to say I'm happy to try out the mines when we (eventually) get it

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Strong Sauce posted:

probably had my most controller throwing moments right now on a suicide mission.. one of the team members died with a bunch of samples/rares and _had_ to go back to get them. so we cover for him and we end up getting it and getting back to extract... only once the pelican landed... no one could get in. i was literally inside the pelican but it would not trigger.

I had this problem the other night too. We absolutely destroyed the evac pad trying to kill the pelican to see if we could get it to respawn.

It caught fire, but nothing we did could kill it, it seems.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is my load out for robuts

Primary: Scorcher
Secondary: grenade pistol
Grenade: impact

1: orbital laser
2: ems mortar
3: queso cannon
4: a turret of some kind. Rocker, gat, auto. Whatever I’m feelin

With bugs it’s now that same load out but switching the scorch with the Eruptor and the queso with a stalwart

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Amazing Member posted:

All that to say I'm happy to try out the mines when we (eventually) get it

yeah this. they obviously aren't going to permanently eliminate one of the stratagems they've already designed because of player actions (though that would be a pretty big flex lol). they'll just enable the other one in another few weeks i'm sure.

e: also when are we gonna get some goddamn color customization? i have all these cool helmets and capes but i can't wear them unless the colors match my armor. orange helmet with red armor? excuse me?? :manning:

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 26, 2024

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Someone ran mines in a bug evacuate high-value assets mission I was in last night and they seemed pretty good there.

I would think that for a standard breech you'd want to throw the mines between you and the breech and rotate around the breech so the bugs, which move towards you, will hit all the mines instead of making a little trail through and ignoring 70% of the mines.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

which is all fine until a single hunter causes 70% of the mines to detonate each other

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
But really guys, think about the citizens we're saving... that's what's important here :commissar:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Dren posted:

Someone ran mines in a bug evacuate high-value assets mission I was in last night and they seemed pretty good there.

I would think that for a standard breech you'd want to throw the mines between you and the breech and rotate around the breech so the bugs, which move towards you, will hit all the mines instead of making a little trail through and ignoring 70% of the mines.

What will actually happen is you'll throw the mines and immediately be kicked regardless.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tired: queso
wired: quaso

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Host the shuttle has landed and evac is swarmed by Hulks and Devastators. We can rush the shuttle if you use that Laser and 500 you are holding onto. If I use the 380 I will hit the shuttle and everyone is going to be mad. You can get us out of this.

G1 has disconnected.

But why have us do that last stand at the super samples if you were just gonna... ok

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

bots can’t handle my qwasoh

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Mood rn

Dren posted:

I guess we've moved to using football audibles over voice

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Turrets do everything mines do but better, is the main issue. If it's a gatling turret, that includes killing your squadmates

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Add gas mines imo

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Just give me a loving sword secondary. Or better yet, a bat. Launching bugs into the stratosphere

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I personally worship explosions so telling me not take mines is discrimination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Airburst is lots of explosions tho