Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

what kinda progression is there? it is purely cosmetic, just unlocking more stuff to use, or do the stuffs/you improve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

will there be more warbonds down the road?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

tried single player on PS5:

- menus often didn't populate (stratagems, armory)
- return to ship screen froze until invisible animation completed
- war table didn't have anything in it

game's borked!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

explosivo posted:

What is the deal with the twitch drops for this? It doesn't let me link because it says I don't have the minimum required whatevers, do I need to watch the stream (looks like later today there's some going) and then link it to redeem it? Feels backwards from the usual thing where you had to link before being eligible.

some goons mentioned this earlier but yes, for this drop weirdly you watch the hour first, then link and get the code.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

do hellpod optimizations affect

a) just me
b) all of us if I'm hosting
c) everyone in my party regardless of host?

some are worded "helldivers get X" and others "all helldivers get X"

EDIT: I'm specifically asking about the warbond unlockable upgrades to the hellpods

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 13, 2024

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

explosivo posted:

I was a bit confused about this too. I understand you can upgrade yours regardless of whose ship you're on but it wasn't really clear to me if my "-1s to eagle strikes" upgrade goes for everyone or just me because it's my upgrade on my ship.

I figured without evidence the ship upgrades were host specific, but my question was specifically about the warbond-unlockable hellpod upgrades

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

blahz posted:

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the question too. The boosters affect the entire team, and only 1 person can choose a specific booster (as in, two people can't bring the full ammo booster, but everyone gets it).

that's exactly what I wanted to know, appreciate it!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

the laser guard dog is obnoxiously OP in its current busted form. I don't even register small bugs anymore, I just focus on the bigger stuff.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

Anyone managed to redeem that loving twitch drop? gently caress you Json. I assume it's some piece of poo poo who spells his name pretentiously blocking all of my attempts.

I redeemed it on PSN without problem.

also JSON is an open standard file format for sending data between services who otherwise would have difficulty understanding each other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSON

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dandywalken posted:

felt too mmo-y

on that note when raids with 3-4 4-player fireteams let's gooooo

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

got the achievement for piloting a hellpod into killing a bile titan.

extremely satisfying.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

yeah if you don't get rewards for a mission are you just SOL? there's not some later reward drop they'll make?

50% more of zero still zero

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

JBP posted:

Also lol that they said 150% bonus xp/req and it's an actual 150% bonus on top of what you get for the mission. It actually feels a bit stupid I've unlocked so many strats.

if rewards are also just delayed and not lost I'm definitely gonna try and hit level 20 today.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Destiny 2 has 1800 people working on it and it still somehow doesn't have the bandwidth to add in new enemies after 10 years.

in 10 years they've just managed to figure out how to remove stuff people have already paid for.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I wonder what it's like for an AA studio to completely and utterly humiliate AAA developers?

this is nuts.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I'm amusedly surprised they set their expectations so low.

the opposite is commonplace, but you rarely see "we didn't know our poo poo was this good"

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

disconnected from a mission halfway through and now PS5 "servers at capacity" screen.

booourns indeed.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I haven't gotten any rewards in > 24 hours on PS5, really hope they'll show up all at once eventually!

also with quick match apparently busted still, I'm gonna hold off till my buddies are on

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

played last night and got rewards for those missions, but still entirely missing rewards from Friday-Saturday afternoon.

any chance I get them?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

Fought my first Bile titan last night. Killed it with an EAT and the body proceeded to fall over and crush me to death.

10/10

took out my first bile titan by reinforcing through its head.

the screams of victory were heard all over my building.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

jokes posted:

Who gives a poo poo if the X and Y are stronger than the Z, the Z is cool and strong in some situations.

this is the crux of it.

there are 40+ stratagems in the game; you can only take 4 with you.

each mission should dictate which 4. switch it up.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

CainFortea posted:

Edit: Also breaking the habit of opening up on patrols 100m away. Stop that!

my inability to keep from doing this will doom me at higher difficulty I know it

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

drat, thinking of seeing HEALTH next month

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Sixto Lezcano posted:

buy tickets now, i was thinking about this and i thought too long and now i can't get in

I get all my tickets 5-6 hours before showtime and never pay more than face value if that.

I'm seeing tickets for my stop at $50 now and show's not for another ~month.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Toadsmash posted:

Is it just becoming the meta already that once you complete the main objectives, you beeline for the extraction no matter how much reinforcements and time on the clock you have left, completely ignoring the rest of the map?

saw a YouTube video a few days ago suggesting main objective + immediate extraction is better XP/hour cause the others don't provide enough XP to outweigh the remaining time bonus XP.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

Starting to hit a wall playing with pubbies at difficulty six I'm not good enough to carry folks.

hard same. every group I random into at difficulty 6 is average level ~12.

I just got to 20, don't expect me to drive this bus if y'all are gonna keep killing yourselves.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Infinitum posted:

If my mates join later what happens wrt me having more hours than them, and them being 'underpowered' on progression?

you choose the difficulty level of each 1-3 mission campaigns.

leveling up only gets you access to new stratagems.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

is there analysis on at which difficulty levels which POIs spawn?

anecdotally I dropped into a level 1 mission last night to wrap up 100 flamethrower kills and it was non-stop beacons/bunkers with medals/super credits/req points.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

for the life of me I cannot get the aiming correct with the grenade launcher on bug holes from distance.

every single time it's 4-5 shots unless I am directly on top of it

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Spookydonut posted:

it feels like you cant grenade launcher unless you also take the resupply backpack

most POIs have ammo crates
resupply strategem

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

it would also be nice if this alien faction was revealed to be the original source for abrahamic religion

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

definitely not getting rewards again.

still never got rewards for missions two weeks ago.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

yes please

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Jerkface posted:

I think the balance on the armors (with the exception of Heavy) is actually pretty good, because I find myself swapping pretty regularly.

my buddies swear by extended throw distance, try that if you haven't

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

What pod does everyone use?

all pods except for 3rd from left are cursed

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

LazyMaybe posted:

That's what shows up when you get this:

there's a nonzero number of idiots on r/helldivers claiming they'll kick anyone wearing this cape for disrespecting the heroes of malevolon creek

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

ZeusCannon posted:

The spear would be so good if it could just loving lock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIFM401niIo

TLDW: you need to move to where the spear can see the entire shape of what you're targeting

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

the innovation of breech loading your super destroyer's orbital cannons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

What’s the best way to earn super credits?

I only see them drop on lower difficulty, is that it?