Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Thumbtacks posted:

is there a hypothetical scenario where we get pushed all the way to earth? really curious what that battlefield would look like

this defeatism! :commissar:

I dunno if it's related to server stuff or what, but when we'd take down a dropship tonight, the flying model would disappear, and a crashed/grounded model would sort of fly in from the side at ground level to park itself where the dropship would have crashed. Seemed real janky. Had a friend of a friend get so mad at his buddy for dropping yet another dropship on him he rage quit

This game is not the kind you can get mad about bullshit happening to you, whether that's player or game bullshit. You're gonna have a bad time, it's too frantic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

toasterwarrior posted:

Goddamn if this weekend ends with me playing 2 games total only late after midnight because that's the only time I can log in and they're both solo games because of busted matchmaking

I will be pissed because in my handful of games i somehow didn't get 100 gatling kills (one long mission i brought the wrong turret :negative:)

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Don't be like me, and save up your medals because you're indecisive, only to hit an arbitrary cap that the UI never actually warns you about. Probably missed most of the medals from Veld because of it

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Darox posted:

Blowing up bot bases is fun, fighting bug nests is a chore.

Orbital lasers will kill factories just like that, but only rarely will they close a hole. Also chargers need to die a whole lot faster to OLs, it basically took the entire charge to kill two. That’s bullshit

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

railcannon strike in the corner, crying

It should

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Phenotype posted:

I dunno how much my opinion is worth since I've never played anything higher than 7, but I'm a little bummed about the changes to Chargers. I kinda liked the minigame you had to play with stripping the armor off the leg with targeted shots, and I thought it was a really ballsy move to make them so resistant to damage otherwise, even on the apparent weakspot, felt like the devs weren't shying away from making specific demands of you. Feels a lot dumber of an enemy if you can just kill it with a headshot. I had a really good game last night where we were getting lots of charger and titan spawns and my team was just doing such a great job handling them as they came, woulda felt a lot less exhilarating if we were just blasting them in the face like every other bug.

My beef with the charger minigame was that I couldn't do much as an observer to a charge. as in my teammate is getting it face on, and I am perpendicular, well good luck Jimmy, I can't actually pen with my autocannon

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

bandaid.friend posted:

Lightning gun's gone from "hidden gem" to "everyone on my team has one now"

yeah, it'll get nerfed i guess

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I wonder if there's a "plan" if we don't actually complete all 4 in time (i'm sure we will, given that a weekend is coming up, but then again, the servers sometimes catch fire on the weekends...*)

Or will they just push them through?

* New warbond is also launching tomorrow, which, given that I couldn't play at all the day a new stratagem launched, gives one pause. Maybe I should buy credits early

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Grey Fox posted:

got an actual fun bug where my character thought she was bleeding from the chest but had full health/no DOT

just constant screaming and complaining for the entire mission with nothing wrong lol

i had that, my teammates shot me and i hit a stim, and that fixed it

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
More Guns should give me two orbital rail shots :colbert:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

ErKeL posted:

Yeah I swap armour heaps and from the little I've used it I feel like the 50% cheat death is definitely getting slept on.

The amount of times I get one-shot is not a small number so cutting that down in half is a huge win.

there's enough horseshit that happens that I can't give up my "survive lethal damage 50% of the time" armor, even though i don't love how it looks compared to other stuff

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Hwurmp posted:

they fixed the Patriot rockets by not letting them shoot downwards anymore lmao

yeah it kinda sucks if you have the high ground

hopped on during lunch to knock out the personal order, got a mission without the bile spewers :negative: (we did get out with some Super Samples I desperately need, so i guess i'll take it

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
i tried out the jetpack briefly when it was a free slot calldown... i did not find it intuitive or effective

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Hey, whoever at Arrowhead decided that the Complex Stratagem modifier should double extraction shuttle call-down time too: Go gently caress yourself

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I managed to screw up blocking a charger with my gun side, and it blew the gun and like 800+ ammo off my mech :qq:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Man, the muscle enhancement is a real game changer in the deep snow of Vandalon IV

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
i run the railgun (in unsafe) against the bots, and it's really effective against devastators, hulks and striders. I'm pretty stymied with it by tanks and turrets, but :shrug:

I never bring it against bugs though

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Mesadoram posted:

My favorite thing about the Qusar is if I miss, I just need to gently caress around for a few seconds till it is back. Is it going to replace my rampant EAT usage? Probably not, but it is a good alternative.

seems like it would be good for the maps that have the Ion storm that blocks stratagems, that would be pretty rough not being able to get any EATs down...

My current theory is that the automatons are going to cede their current sectors and loop Galactic North in the frontier and retake cyberstan from outside the "map"

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
those thorns do some real damage, it's bullshit

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
my experience with transitioning to the bots is also way more things that make Strategems less effective. From doubling deploy times, which means it's a lot harder to land an eagle strike, to dropping a slot, to landing right next to the stratagem blocker

I was pretty consistent on lvl 7 for bugs, have spent most of my time on lvl 6 for bots

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Joel noticed we weren't going to get anywhere close to completing the order with the regen set where it was on Maia, and we're back to a Maybe Completing The Order (though, the weekend skews it a lot, to the point maybe we'll pull it off)

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Hellpod space is such a must take, that I wish it was a ship upgrade instead of eating up someone's booster

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Hwurmp posted:

I need a drat primer for the new SEAF artillery shell colors

explosive = olive drab
high explosive = cheeto orange
static = blue
smoke = black

What are napalm and nukes now?

I am pretty sure
Napalm is red
Smoke is like... grey? and nukes are black?

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

turn off the TV posted:

For some reason they changed the artillery shell models to all be different color variations of the same model in one of the recent patches. Mininukes are black now.

some military nerd probably complained that the napalm and static field shells were sabot shell models, i.e. were meant for direct armor piercing, not containing Stuff (I think they should have left the static field shell the sabot model)

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

BitBasher posted:

Did they up how many samples we can hold? I thought it was 500/250/50 but I'm now holding 53 ultra rares.

it's 500/250/100

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Black Noise posted:

Do it with the 50% chance to survive armor for an achievement maybe

i've survived an overcharged rail gun exploding in my face a few times because of the democracy armor

I still run the railgun, honestly compared the other options, they should just dump the unsafe mode, let me waste a round or something if i overcharge. I have to be so precise to deal real damage, that's the real limiter on it

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Dren posted:

Railgun occupies a dumb spot where it’s garbo unless used in unsafe mode which exposes you to risk of death due to being attacked during charge time or overcharging and even then it’s significantly worse than EAT and Quasar at killing big stuff and way worse than flamethrower and arc at killing trash.

They need to at least make it one-shot medium armor enemies in safe mode. And unsafe mode should be 1 or 2 shots on chargers + killing other stuff quick if u skillshot.

oh that reminds me, if i get smacked while charging my rail shot, i waste it, because letting go of the trigger fires it, with the quasar charge, if i let go i can just go right back to trying to make the shot!

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i had all the modules unlocked until this newest update and i would appreciate it if the costs were a bit lower, since there's apparently several more unlocks on the horizon

christ, i can't imagine how much they'll charge for t5 & 6 upgrades

they could at least increase the loving caps

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Hommando posted:

I think Helldivers needs sentai poses both as victory poses and on demand emotes.

Where is my goddamn Predator "You Son Of A Bitch" handshake???

https://i.imgur.com/cmJe0zx.mp4

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

novaSphere posted:

One other theory that popped up is kill credit is shared like Personal Orders, so total squad kills at the end of a mission are being multiplied for each member of the squad.

yeah, that's plausible

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

novaSphere posted:

What I'm saying is like, you know how you get Personal Order credit for kills with poo poo like AP Mines or the AMR even when they're not your kills? I think it's doing that for Terminid kills in general. Hypothetically, if P1 gets 200 kills and P2 gets 150 kills, the game could be considering both players to have gotten 350 kills each and is incrementing the MO tally by 700.

If this is the case, we're "only" moving at a max of quadruple speed, so we'd easily complete it under correct mathing.

Sidenote, doesn't matter here, but Personal Orders don't count your teammate kills if they do not currently have the order. Which was a problem when i joined my friends after they already had the 75 mortar kills

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Ice Fist posted:

Also, new major order: Succeed in defending at least 10 planets

Bandire posted:

Well that certainly feels like punishment for obliterating the previous order.

Yeah, Joel heard us talking poo poo

Also, defense campaigns suck

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

BadLlama posted:

Oh yeah, that's true.

Thought they meant the missions during defense sucked.

In my experience these days, like, every other campaign includes the normal extract, so good luck. Also the High Value is pretty easily derailed by a moron pubbie doing something like, running immediately to the button upon drop

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Ravenfood posted:

I think there would be room for a weapon that was like a faster firing Quasar that didn't oneshot but did aggressively strip armor, especially if it had small AoE.

laser autocannon, :hellyeah:

Also, i find it a little disingenuous to describe RR/EAT/Queso as being one shots on chargers, since if you don't have an angle on the head, you can't do poo poo, also, they y'know, move, so I've definitely shot uselessly into their shoulders as they have charged at me. It's not a Railcannon delete button, is what i am saying

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Lobok posted:

Ok, I'm not great with the names of bugs but yesterday I saw a Brood Commander dig under the ground just as I was starting to attack it and pop up a little distance behind me, have they always been able to do that?

in my recollection, they would only do that if you somehow restricted their access to you entirely (up on a cliff or maybe dead titan legs?)

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Wachter posted:

I'm sure the "normal" medium bugs (Warriors?) can dig up (stupid) too

I could swear i have seen the scouts do it even

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

johnny park posted:

I do have concerns that this will encourage more vitriolic pitchfork mob behavior in the future but I guess we'll have to wait and see

the guys mad about the stellar blade lady's thighs are like "why couldn't we pull it off???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

I've been using the supply pack as ablative armor for a while now and it really makes me want a new backpack that's just a big plastic shopping bag full of stims, a pump hooked up to a hand drill and a hose I can jam into the port on the back of my helmet.

as i was sailing through the air in my heavy medic armor, i wished the actual effect of it was that you didn't need to go through the animation of injecting the stim into yourself, and instead it Just Happened