Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Dropships need to be hit in the engine pods. No idea about the Fabs, I think I've only ever gotten lucky once or twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Not sure if Arrowhead thought this one through. There is absolutely no chance Choohe is getting liberated before Penta (I'd go so far as to say it was NEVER going to happen). Gotta get through Chort first and Chort has 9k players while Penta has 98k.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Played around with the air-burst launcher. They need to let you set the proximity detonation to fire front/on/behind the targets. Having it pop before the target makes about 70% of the bomblets not hit anything except you and your team. I never got to try it on flyers, but I really can't see it being great on them either. Plus detonating the rocket at height spreads the bomblets out farther, and at least one of them will head right for you. Since all the bomblets eject at the same speed the general area of destruction is more of a donut shape.

If they'ed give you a timer on when the rocket pops, so it'll explode a bit after the prox alarm triggers so maybe bomblets can hit targets from behind.
OR
Divvy the bomblets into groups by thirds and then each group has a 10/15/20m range so you cover more area.

That said, it is fun to see a patrol on radar and then wing a rocket in the general direction through the fog and getting 10x kills or whatever. Doesn't happen often enough to make it worth it though.

It's great if you are far away from anything and can fire from an elevated position with clear line of sight. So basically never.

you are better off bringing an Eagle Cluster bomb instead.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1787331667616829929