Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

GlyphGryph posted:

Wish someone had told me before I returned the game that the intro screen lies to you and the "mandatory" captcha I couldn't pass isn't actually mandatory and you can just skip it.

Debating whether or not to buy it again. because man does it look fun, but that whole experience left such a sour taste in my mouth, what sort of company tells you you need to pass 20 captchas to play a game (and then makes you take 40)?

Wait holy poo poo this happened to you too? It was when I was trying to link my Playstation account, which it said WAS mandatory, and it made me do this stupid matching puzzle 8 times, and then I guess I messed one up, so it made me do it 8 more times, and again it said "that wasn't quite right" and made me do it again. It took me literally four repetitions = 32 puzzles to get in. Like what on loving superearth I felt like a goddamn 3rd grader being told I couldn't go to recess until I got 100% on the worksheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

pubbies are driving me nuts they're driving me NUTS

they just want to fight every single thing they see and slag it over and over with orbital strikes and napalm so no one can ever go in and close the holes so the bugs just keep coming and coming

and just now i had an absolute herd of cats who literally went in three different directions and slowly wandered over to me when i told them i was going to the objective and then it crashed as i was on my way back to the launch pad with the codes

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

What weapons do you bring to terminator planet? I played a couple rounds there yesterday and it felt like half the enemies had my LMG rounds bouncing off their armor. How do you deal with, like, the AT-STs if they're coming right for you? I tried shooting them in the legs but that bounced off too.

Oh, and also, how do you farm samples at any reasonable rate? I've got like 5 hours playtime and I haven't gotten enough to buy a single upgrade.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Barcley posted:

Was playing helldivers and waiting for a extraction I pulled out a orbital strike to Freedom the hell out of some bugs, only to get friendly fired from a turret, drop the beacon and blow up my team

Oh man this was a fun introduction to terminator planet. I dialed up a cluster bomb strike and then got knocked off my feet by a nearby explosion and the beacon fell to the ground, and then I had to run for my life as the airstrike came in ready to blow me up.

Also had a very cool grenade bounce when we were defending from a horde of bugs, so the incendiary mines popped out to cover the entire trench we were using as cover.

Friendly fire adds a lot to this game lol. The only really negative experience was partying with some low-level jerk last night who found a flamethrower and tried to burn us all down as the evac was coming in. So I shot him in the face with my assault rifle, and he immediately kicked me from the party so I got no rewards or exp. :(

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

How do you use something like that? You just call it down, use it once, and then it's gone? Are you just using your primary most of the time, then? I usually get the starter machine gun or the LMG and so I'm used to using the support weapon for 90% of the mission. I tried the laser once, but the cooldown on it is really long, so once I lost it and died I was stuck with my primary for a long stretch of time.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

are you guys getting rewards from missions? I've done two now, once in Quick Play and one that I manually joined from the map, and both times it kinda bugged out as it was trying to show the stats screen. No medals, no req, no supplies (which really sucks because we scoured the whole ICBM map on the first one.)

e: oh lmao probably should have refreshed the page

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Argh and I wanna play again but I need my samples dammit. and I need one more medal for that first booster and a couple more games to hit level 10 and ugh

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Did some more helldivin, eventually got paid but couldn't get any of the various stores to actually sell me anything. I leveled up to ten (probably 11 by the time the rest of the rewards kick in), looking forward to morning when hopefully(?) I'll have an even bigger stack of currencies and I can actually buy all the cool gear I've been looking at for so long.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

literally the game could not be any clearer that you are the disposable cannon fodder

Well, it's a little weird because as disposable cannon fodder, you're given access to so much ordinance and initiative. Like, you'd think there would be some non-Helldiver troops that don't get orbital artillery synced to their command, just dudes with a helmet and a rifle that go off in groups much larger than 4, with a proper command structure and officers in the field telling them what to do.

ijyt posted:

lol buddy even giants like blizzard can't get this poo poo right let alone a smaller studio seeing 150% of their projected traffic, game will be fine

I don't blame Arrowhead for the server troubles but it always pisses me off with Blizzard, who have literally the most experience of any developer in the world with server spikes and online services, and probably do actually have a basement full of decommissioned WoW servers that could be temporarily kludged into handling the overload on the login server or something basic like that.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Is there a goon Steam group to join? I need more people on my friends list playing this game, seems to be the only multiplayer that's been working properly. I tried the two Discords linked in the OP but one of em is a dead link and the other one seems like a general ARPG Discord? Plus I'm an old man and I don't know how to Discord things.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

If anyone wants to add me, my friend code on Steam is 16264386. I haven't actually been able to get in for the last couple hours but it'd be cool to have more people on my friends list to join matches with. Been running solo or duoing with the same three or four people I keep seeing on.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

TaurusTorus posted:

Join the discord, join the Goondivers 2 Steam group.

Can you link to the Steam group? I just did a search and only found the original Goondivers group. Or is that the same one we're using for HD2 as well?

I don't suppose they've turned matchmaking back on yet, have they? Looking forward to getting on in a few hours here.

All goon Helldivers are welcome to launch from my ship, the Emperor of Morality.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

I didn't get to play after work because I found a dog outside and it was really cold today so I brought him inside and he was starving but he puked up the kibble I gave him so I made him a softboiled egg which he held down, then I had to watch him and keep him on a leash because he wanted to roam everywhere and get into everything and finally his owners called me back and brought him home and now I just get a black screen when I want to play gaem and its not fair

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Section Z posted:

It also means I am no longer living in suspense for "But what if they have a light or heavy(when armor works) Engineering suit!?" for the moment, because now I am pretty sure that means it is only more mediums with that. So I can save my coins for when yesterday's engineering kit suit comes back.

Engineering suit is my bae, and I might have to get the Superstore version if it looks good just for a change of fashion. I haven't gotten much use out of the others, really. I thought the suit with extra stims would be handy, but I don't know that I've run out of stimpacks more than once or twice, between supply drops and explosions that kill me flat-out. The extra grenades have come in handy multiple times, though.

I did use the light armor suit that reduces your detection range when I was doing solo Challenging missions this weekend, but that's a bit of a niche. I don't think I've tried out the extra throwing range ones, though.

I'm not sure whether to be annoyed or relieved that there are so few different armor types. It's a lot less pressure to keep up with the Superstore suits -- I'm just waiting for that light or heavy Engineering suit, or maybe another light armor with something interesting on it.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Section Z posted:

It also means I am no longer living in suspense for "But what if they have a light or heavy(when armor works) Engineering suit!?" for the moment, because now I am pretty sure that means it is only more mediums with that. So I can save my coins for when yesterday's engineering kit suit comes back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1atr98s/updated_all_known_armor_sets_stats_prices_as_of/

I was just looking, and it looks like there IS a light armor Engineering suit in rotation!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

I miss being a kid and feeling like having to wait multiple days to play a video game was an enormous injustice

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Baggot posted:

I get what you're saying, but let's not try to redefine what the devs themselves have labeled their own game as. They said it's AAA. It's AAA.

Ubisoft said that Skull and Bones is a AAAA game, and yet from all accounts it's a shittier and more limited version of a game they made over a decade ago. I don't care what the devs say, Helldivers doesn't seem as big or polished as something like Horizon Zero Dawn, or even Call of Duty. And I think that if they only expected 150k concurrent players, then they were not aiming at a AAA-sized audience, either.

explosivo posted:

The backend for this game is a raging inferno at the moment so you can chalk any issues with matchmaking/multiplayer up to that. Normally you matchmake to find a random game or find people running missions on the planet and clicking on it to join them. But none of that poo poo is working at the moment because again the game is getting blown the gently caress up.

I fixed it last night thusly:

I only was able to get in an hour or two before I had to go to bed, but I was flicking between difficulties and planets on the world map and was seeing lots of other player missions populating, and I was able to join a 4-man pub for a few missions. Matchmaking makes this game, imo, once they figure out the capacity issues they've gotta turn that back on as soon as possible.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

I had a good time helldivering tonight. :)

Took a little over an hour to get in, I started the login and did a workout and when I came back it started up after another five or ten minutes. Did my first Hard campaign with some pubbies, there's a lot more to it than on the lower difficulties! I didn't realize they'd throw so many chargers at you at once, and it was a mission where there was really dense smoke so you couldn't see ahead of you very far, and I dodged three only to get whacked by the fourth(!) one when I turned back to fire at the asses of the others. And gently caress I've never seen a Titan before. We didn't even manage to kill it, just ran away and resummoned the folks who died when we were closer to the extraction point.

On the grind for the Dominator now, I hope it's decent. Only 60(!) more medals to go!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Can't wait 5 years for the Tim Rogers video on this game where he constantly refers to it as "Heckdivers... except, you know, they didn't say heck"

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

Is there a good guide as to which strategems/weapons/armor/etc I should be unlocking? I'm not very good at following metas in great depth and I usually just sort of do as the goons broadly suggest.

Everyone here has given you the galaxy-brained level 30 take and you really shouldn't listen to any of it.

For the first fifteen hours or so, here's what you'll generally want to get:

The Breaker Shotgun - this is the best primary gun. "Oh ho ho but I think the Slugger is better" no it's not, or hell, maybe it is, but it's a thousand medals down the warbond and he's not going to get it for ages
Redeemer Pistol - this is a great little gun that's way better than the starter pistol
Starter Machine Gun - this is actually pretty good until you get into higher difficulties
Eagle Airstrike - this is one of the better early strategems. Napalm Strike is pretty good too for bugs
Grenade Launcher - it can blow up bug/bot holes from a distance and also gently caress up groups or large enemies
Armor - this can really be anything, really, but I think the starting armor is objectively weaker so you want something different. I like the ones that give extra grenades, or the ones that let you throw grenades and strategem beacons farther.
Autocannon - this won't be available til level 10, but make sure you have the req saved for it because it's pretty cool
Expendable Anti-Tank - not bad to bring these so you can crack Bile Titans and bot tanks and stuff, you can resummon them almost once a minute
Gatling Sentry - the Machine Gun Sentry right before this is a trap
Mortar Sentry - badass

Everyone who's like "oh recoilless rifle and the railgun blah blah" dude those things are either super niche or straight-up aren't available for your first twenty hours of gameplay. Yes, the orbital laser is cool. Yes, I'm sure the railgun is great but I still haven't gotten it unlocked and I'm showing almost 30 hours played on Steam (although god knows how much time of that was queue) so it doesn't make sense to tell the level 2 guy to rush it immediately. You get enough req to play around with different stuff, so sure, if it looks interesting try out the recoilless rifle or whatever, but if it doesn't click for you that's fine too.

e: ok i generally agree with luann vanhouten but last page was a whole bunch of eye rolling lmao

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 22, 2024

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

DarkDobe posted:

Sorry but neither of these are super niche unless that niche is 'the most versatile kill-everything weapons in the game'
Yes the RR benefits from a buddy to reload. No it is not mandatory - reloading yourself is perfectly viable. The Railgun just kills everything in the game - period.
Your list is otherwise good especially for entry level stuff. The Eagle Airstrike is bar none the best calldown in the game - it kills everything, including buildings, and you get multiple uses out of it on a short reload cycle.

you cut off the other part of that sentence where it says "or straight-up aren't available for your first twenty hours of gameplay" which is where the railgun would be found

Actually, I've never messed with the RR myself, I just know that I've seen it rarely enough that it definitely isn't one of the first weapons a new player needs to beeline towards. You also cut off the rest of that paragraph where I said buy it if you want to play with it, too.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

idiotsavant posted:

lol i literally said eagle strafe + air strike + eat/GL/amr + precision strike two posts above you? which is like, a level 5 loadout that you can run up to difficulty 6-7. Don't even need to bother with the autocannon or turrets, swap the precision strike out for a laser drone backpack when you hit level 10 and the strafe out for cluster bomb and you can run that setup until you hit 20

Sorry if that was unclear. I meant that I generally agreed with your posts, but there were folks on the last page that kept giving answers useless for low-level players.

DarkDobe posted:

The RR is excellent - if you work around the limitations of long reload or having a buddy (it's insanely powerful with a buddy). Doubly so if the RR user is wearing a supply pack.
However as you pointed out: the EAT fills a very similar role, and only certain difficulties/missions need the raw firepower output that the RR brings versus the EAT's 2-shots. You get 6 shots total out of the RR and pack - and refills give 2 rockets each.
It absolutely demolishes bot missions - not only for taking out buildings, but also for shooting down dropships incredibly easily.
It's a 'better' EAT that you have to kind of work a little harder with, more or less - and still has a use when you get the SPEAR. The SPEAR is better suited for taking out things like Chargers, Tanks and Bile Titans, but it suffers against dropships - which can be very important in bot missions. The SPEAR is also limited only having 1+3 in the pack, with reloads only giving 1 rocket each.
Generally I'd say take the EAT if you just want a versatile option - but when you've got everything, the SPEAR is better vs bugs, and the RR is better vs automatons.

But thank you for this! I actually came into the thread meaning to ask about the recoilless rifle in the first place, and that's a cool little writeup. If the ammo is so limited, though, then do you end up having to use your primary weapon most of the time? That's what's neat about the EATs, you just grab em, fire em, and then pick your Autocannon back up.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

so I was thinkin about yknow, the lore as shown by the environment and enemies and stuff... The automatons are probably not just killbots, huh? It strikes me as significant that their big hitters tend to be the same T-600 skeletons as their ground troops, just stuffed into a suit of armor or riding the back of an AT-ST.

I mean, they're robots, right? They could just make an AT-ST with a robot brain inside if they wanted, with no unarmored dink on the back to get shot. And since they don't, there's likely some sort of civilization there, right? Like, they're not just "robots", it's a race of people who look like T-600s, and they're just reproducing more of themselves and building tanks and armor for themselves to use, rather than building different, more powerful robots.

And if it's a true civilization with real intelligence and culture, it's even more of a threat to Super Earth, and every last trace of them must be extinguished.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Hey, Super Store rotated this morning and has the Light armor suit with the Extra Grenades modifier on it for 250. Picked that up right away. Also has a rather cool-looking suit that has 125 armor and only-slightly reduced speed and stamina, with 50% reduced explosion damage. I know they've got their hands full with the servers at the moment but I can't wait for them to fix the stats on armor, I'd like to see if the heavier ones are worth the trade-off in speed. I'm a huge nerd for spending way too much time fiddling with stats and items and stuff.

(also also the Light grenades suit is such a weird color scheme, I'm so glad I grabbed the black Stormtrooper looking helmet last week. They're usually pretty good about sticking to a couple different color schemes so you have a choice of matching helmets and capes, but a couple of the pieces are so unique that you're stuck wearing the suit's official helmet.)

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

They're the offspring of the Cyborgs from the first game, their primary goal is to liberate their creators who Super Earth are using as slave labor

Sure, sure, someone else mentioned that too, but like -- it doesn't seem like a single AI Skynet that's just building warmachines, it seems like they are specifically producing T-600 skeleton bots and then outfitting them with tanks and rocket packs and armor and whatever. To me, it seems like a sign that they're more of an actual civilization with a culture and everything. If it was just a race of killbots that want to kill stuff, they wouldn't be beholden to the T-600 look, they'd just churn out whatever giant tanks and walkers and stuff a robot brain inside the armor. But no, they're reproducing more of themselves, they're not just creating whatever killer robots would work best, just like we reproduce more humans and generally aren't creating enormous fleshy hulks with a brain inside.

RandomBlue posted:

Ah, it's a different one then, here's the one I bought from the shop:

and here's the warbond version:

Yeah, it's specifically a light armor version in the shop. I usually like heavier armor, but since it's not working yet I was playing around with the light armor that gives more throw range and man, that extra speed and stamina is really noticeable. I generally wear that orange warbond grenade armor you posted, though, so I'm looking forward to trying the faster version after work. I even bought the helmet with an orange stripe for 35 medals off the premium warbond so I wouldn't look like a loser wearing a complete set.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

wilderthanmild posted:

Anybody else notice medals not being properly deducted when buying stuff at the warbonds shop? Like I spent from 10 down to 0, get 5 on a mission, come back and have 15. Seems like it's happened a couple times to me.

I doubt you're finding ten medals on a mission, but the ones that you find in the field don't show up on the rewards screen so the totals don't always add up. You also might be completing the daily missions, which I don't think give you any sort of acknowledgement besides extra medals showing up in your total.

Speaking of which, have they said what's happening with the daily missions? I am like 5 medals away from the JAR-5 and I coulda gotten it tonight if we didn't miss two missions in a row.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

I finally hit 20 tonight and rolled out the Railgun for the first time. Why is this thing so good? It's got 20 shots with a reload after each one, so I'm just using the Breaker most of the time, and pulling it out once in a while. I think I played on a lower difficulty to get used to it, so I guess I didn't really give it enough heavies to shine maybe? I used it to kill a Hulk pretty easily, but I coulda done that with an EAT too and had an actual weapon to use afterwards.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

It's mostly just super versatile, it's powerful, it works at range, it's got loads of ammo, and it will break a Chargers leg armor in two shots.

Should I be using it on swarms or does it only hit one thing? IDK, it just seems so unwieldly to have to reload after every shot, and you don't get the satisfying feedback you get with the other weapons so I can't really tell that it's so powerful except that things fall over when I hit them. It also annoyingly will kill the robot walkers but pop the drivers out unharmed.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Man, I really want to like the JAR-5 Dominator! I spent so many medals getting to it! It just feels like it has too much lag or whatever, too much time before the little circle actually lines up with your crosshairs. And too much recoil, too, so the next round never goes where it should. I end up being better at skull-shotting armored robots with the Breaker just cause the rounds go where I point them. Maybe I should try the burst fire? Should I use the 1st person sights or just the 3rd person aiming?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Can someone please make a sorta railgun guide? I've been trying to use it more effectively but I'm kind of a bad shot which makes experimenting hard -- did I shoot that hulk in the face and he didn't die, or did I whiff? Did I charge the railgun enough, or does it just not kill dropships? What can you kill with it, and what are you targeting? and how long does it need to charge?

Is there a way to make the gun settings stick between matches, btw? I keep forgetting to set the JAR-5 on burst fire.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

The Shame Boy posted:

Sombody explain to me like i'm 4 how to use the railgun and how it's considered the most broken anti armor strat in the game? I seem to just be terrible with it and not getting the idea :v:

So one of the things that isn't obvious from the way people talk about it is that they're generally playing on the harder difficulties. In 6+ you'll constantly have multiple chargers and hulks thrown at you, and the railgun is basically the only thing that can deal with their armor without having a large downside, like being a one-shot stratagem or having very limited ammo. It's not terrible on lower difficulties -- you can still one-shot even the bigger bugs and robots with it -- but it's not always as impactful as something like the grenade launcher if you're not having to deal with heavies with every wave.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

honestly from someone medium-to-bad idk why you can't have all the guns be as strong as the railgun. Oh awesome I got the gun that's trash on groups but penetrates armor, and I still gotta do two targeted shots to the same limb and then dump a primary mag into it, oh lol there's two more of them and a bunch of lovely little bugs nibbling on me so I can't line up the shot and my screen's all shaking from explosions

I dunno, if it's that much work to do even when you have the "OP" weapon, it feels like they could have given a lot more weapons some trick like that to make the heavy enemies vulnerable.

(but maybe I just suck? I feel like if I was in charge, everything would go down if I just spammed the grenade launcher into their face, and that would probably make it a worse game)

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah, I got dragged through a suicide campaign last night and that poo poo got out of hand every single time. We had 2-3 people with railguns, but we died so much and lost them that they weren't any more reliable than the airstrikes. And the bots come down in such numbers and aim with such accuracy that you'd just get insta-murdered if we tried to recover them sometimes. We only ever extracted by waiting out the mission timer, which I learned prompts an uninterruptible shuttle timer, so it was a matter of hiding out and sitting around until the mad break for the shuttle ramp. I'm not particularly good at the game or anything, but I am not looking forward to collecting more super samples lol.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

I burned another $40 to play this from the comfort of my couch, and what in the absolute gently caress? It doesn't bring my progression across to PS5? The Steam version wouldn't let me play until I went through Captcha Hell to link it to my Playstation account! It never even occurred to me to check, because why would I need to do all that if I wasn't creating The Helldivers Account Linked To My Playstation Profile?

I don't think they do refunds so I played a couple hours anyway, and man, I feel a lot more vulnerable on a controller. I don't know how you play without being able to whip the mouse around to target all the little bugs that rush you. I also wish there was a better solution to push-to-talk than using the PS5 mic button, cause it brings up a little Playstation mute notice every time you press it.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Who else is having a hard time thinking about Final Fantasy Rebirth and just wants play more Helldivers after work?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Darox posted:

What is everyones favourite armour trait?
I've been using Servo Assisted (extra throw range, extra limb health) basically the entire time and I love it. I picked it up initially for the throw distance but the extra limb health is low key incredible. I took it off for a bit and realized that other people actually have to care about limb damage when taking hits, which burns through stims faster and can really screw you. Meanwhile Servo armour means you only get limb injuries when artillery blows them off your torso.

I like that one a lot, I'll wear the light armor version sometimes, but I'm increasingly finding it hard to go without the Engineer armor that gives you extra grenades. I'm just about always wearing the light armor with that on it. It just feels so freeing to be able to toss grenades at packs whenever I want and still have a couple left to close bug holes if needed. I've heard the Fortified (50% less explosion damage) is really useful for higher difficulties, though. I get exploded enough that I really should try it out, but G R E N A D E

Can't wait for armor values to work correctly, though, would really like to see if the heavy stuff makes you tough enough to be worth the tradeoff in speed.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

This is kind of where I'm at. I don't know if there's a light armor that has this, but the Twitch drop medium armor that I'm using has this trait and it's really, really strong. I'm not sure I'll be able to switch to something else now that I'm used to it.

There sure is, and it's actually on the store right now. It's messing with me hardcore, because I need another 150 SC to buy it but I really don't want to no-life Helldivers all night instead of playing FF7R.

e:

Internet Explorer posted:

Oh man, bummed I missed it! But at least now I know to keep an eye out.

Nope, just checked and it's still there til tomorrow morning, costs 250 SC. And I have 110 right now...

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Play posted:

It also aids in truly ludicrous kill counts, 500 plus in certain missions in higher difficulties.

Speaking of which, is anyone else running with the Incendiary Grenades on bug planets? I dunno how much damage it's actually doing, but it feels really good to heave one on top of a bug breach and have it set fire to everything coming out for the next few seconds. I also get enormous kill counts and I'm not sure if it's cause I'm a huge badass compared to my squad (probably) or just because the laser backpack and the fire grenades are stealing all the last hits even if my squad is doing 98% of the damage.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Also I'm pretty sure you can pull your friends into 7+ missions right at the start if you feel like being evil. I joined a friend's Suicide campaign before I had Extreme unlocked (and then completing the campaign only unlocked Suicide difficulty for me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Have there been any adjustments to the other assault rifles? I saw on Reddit that the explosive Liberator now says it's just concussive? I thought the regular Liberator was probably the second-best gun besides the pre-patch Breaker, and they left it alone, so I was hoping they'd want to bring the other variations up to the same level.

Also kicking myself for wasting so many medals on the premium warbond now that there are other guns worth using. I blew like a hundred medals getting some of the cosmetic poo poo in there -- the player card, the cut-your-throat victory pose, the cape that actually doesn't match the armor that I wanted to use it with -- because I looked through the main warbond and was like eh, nothing too great in there. I'm only on the page with the Stamina Booster because I didn't think I'd care that much about unlocking the Spray-n-Pray or the Slugger.

e: also also

LuiCypher posted:

Very strange how trying to hold a point against a near-unlimited horde almost always ends with everyone dying horribly unless that's actually the objective.

Speaking of objectives, it's pretty weird how there are a bunch of objectives on maps that give you XP and Requisition when you complete them, yet there are no XP, Requisition, or Samples given to you based on kill count.

If you think about it, it's almost like the game is actually about completing objectives despite going up against overwhelming odds rather than just mindlessly killing a bunch of bugs/bots. Game might even sell this point pretty hard with rather minimal XP/Req bonuses based on the number of Divers that successfully extract, with even a single sub-objective yielding just as much (if not more) XP/Req than a full team of 4 extracting.

why do you post like this? we're all pushing 40 here, dude, you don't have to do the smarter-than-you one-upsmanship thing. just be chill to eachother, yknow?