Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Looks like they're gonna deliver democracy to the servers this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

the rewards bug just seems to be it taking a little while to register as opposed to something you need to log out and back in for.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

servers at capacity at 2 pm on a monday?? what am i supposed to do, get a job?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Comptroller of Conviviality

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Changes seem fine, game is still fun. Time to check on reddit.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

hard difficulties aren't super hard even with non-meta kit, but it involves too much running away from fights, imo, which is not as fun as killing things

buffs makes killing more fun and viable so would probably be a good thing

it think it's kinda silly to take a game like this, where poo poo often just goes off the rails and snowballs and a million other things can go wrong, and say that weapon balance is what will make it more or less fun? are we playing the same game?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

my friend who always plays hammered and had no idea what anything did bought the flamethrower and took it to into a bug mission. That's how I learned it destroyed chargers. he's not a meta-chasing gamer at all and it was so funny to see him stumble upon this arcane knowledge (you're still telling yourself that they nerfed the only support weapon worth using)

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Mode 7 posted:

The absolute histrionics going on in the game's subreddit over a set of minor balance adjustments is astonishing.

The discord was in a state earlier. Mods had to enable slowdown mode because too many people were lashing out in chat. And so for a while everybody was sending single message multiparagraph screeds. They'd scroll up unread in seconds.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Risky Bisquick posted:

I tried a couple games with the railgun, the gun is no longer the king it once was. It doesn't strip armour reliably, it doesn't headshot reliably, so you're left whiffing shots being chased like you're on difficulty 4.

:rip: the dream boys, rip the dream

Today was the first day I really made an effort with the railgun (i got hooked on the autocannon early on) so it feels powerful and it's really fun to make some of the bigger bugs go SPLAT.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Gorelab posted:

The biggest feeling i'm getting off this patch is that people are losing their minds over fairly mild nerfs, and armor needs another look because heavy doesn't feel like it does anything.
After getting one of the light armors from the warbond and seeing how much faster i move i refuse to ever put on heavy armor again.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

meteors sure are a thing.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

flashman posted:

The players should get good and stop whining though

there's a few different ways to navigate these issues and all of them lead to schizophrenia.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

If it weren't for my mech, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Squashing Machine posted:

Dude, I don't see the point of dickriding this hard. Game's good but people are justifiably annoyed that it keeps having base-level issues that prevent them from playing it. The devs aren't going to give you a special cape

I think it's just the frustration of the actual issues that seem to compound with every update and the foreknowledge that this is being worked into the next american mass murderer's manifesto.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Play posted:

It's funny how this thread talks about reddit and discord being a cesspool and then proceeds to get in pointless slapfights about dumb things in a video game on nearly every page. If you think certain weapons are not viable at high diffs or need buffs or shouldn't have been nerfed, you get a sneering 'maybe you just suck at the game :smuggo:' and if you feel the opposite you get some other abuse and let yourself be drawn into an argument.

It's kind of embarrassing. We are mostly adults here, I assume? Maybe you can get your points across without acting like children/redditors, and just talk about this game we like and have fun playing.

whatever else helldivers 2 is, it is also a social experiment that is driving people crazy.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

like me and some friends have been playing since launch and we've been chill but today is the first day we're collectively losing our poo poo. we're playing on hard which has been doable but today there are infinite bug spawns..they don't stop..no matter what..

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

flamethrower has been so reliable for use against chargers it's kinda become a staple in my kit. i can aim in the direction of a breach and i find myself worrying less and wondering more what crispy bug tastes like. probably a great source of protein!

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Lysandus posted:

Did they turn on gently caress you mode or something? I'm watching groups of heavy robots just spawn in front of me.

I been seeing a lot of this and I think the community needs to accept that this is what the game master angle means. Stealth changes to enemy ai, armor value, spawn rates, whatever. Cool to behold until it is frustrating to not be able to do what you could before and not really know why. Idk how to feel about it yet but i am definitely hooked (will for sure lead to brand new exciting frontiers in gamer toxicity!)

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Fishstick posted:

I mean this specifically is not "Bots are harder now and there are more patrols", it's patrols literally appearing from thin air right in front of you.

it's jank for sure but not on planets with low visibility. i don't know how poo poo works but i doubt every unit on the map takes a drop pod.

helldivers 2: it's a feature, not a bug

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

The Oldest Man posted:

Is there something about these "eliminate x mechs" missions in a small area I'm missing because jesus christ, that is brutal for the small reward pool

you just have to kill the 400 or so mechs. even if you don't extract you get credit for the operation.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

saw a guy pick up super samples and run off to use a 380mm barrage on a nest. the first salvo killed him.

why?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

pugged most of the morning on suicide bugs and it's still tough. i don't think i had one group without leavers or even complete the objective. looking forward to playing more later with friends.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Musluk posted:

Man chargers just get btfo'd with Uber-EATs now and I've not seen any more than 4 at a time in a diff 7.

chargers were nerfed, but player skill received no updates as far as i can tell.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Don’t forget calling down the EAT itself can kill a charger or heavy if you stick the stratagem made to their face.

3 charger kills per minute!

I was trying it before this patch but my goal this cycle is to learn to do this reliably. When it works it feels so cool.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

terminid tower suicide missions are spawning more bile titans than i've ever seen in my life.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

BitBasher posted:

On what difficulty?

extra super duper hard

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Never done a tag before but i follow the thread. Here goes nothing

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

You really have to anticipate flamethrower use. If you try to spin it up while a harangue of hunters is hopping towards you, they will laugh at you and call you names.

For me it really melts chargers like butter and for that alone it's worth it. It feels good to heat up breaches as they spawn, too.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

I really like Scorcher. But it's my gun. Ya'll can't use it.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Arc thrower is a beast. It's sort of balanced by the fact that your teammates will not be wearing the new arc resistant armor even if you beg them to (because they'd be giving up any utility to not get killed by your dumb rear end), but after you kill them enough times you learn when and when not to fire that thing safely.

Also I saw someone crap on the AMR. I wish it took out fabricators but I love using it to snipe hulks. my favorite thing to do is chain stun a group of devastators and plink their heads. they'll be lined up nicely if they've just fallen out of a drop ship. Fun! But less fun against bugs.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Haha yeah on that planet immediately after I threw my first grenade launcher down near a plateau I was like oh I'll bet they can get stuck up there. It narrowly missed but something to watch out for.

it is funny as gently caress to see a relatively small rock block most of an eagle - or the very edge of a resupply drop clipping a rock and staying suspended in air - or calling down a railcannon strike against a bile titan and slowly realizing the canyon wall ate it as she crushes you with her fabulous heels.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Jerkface posted:

Apparently this patch leaked an upcoming new primary and its what a lot of ppl were asking for 5 round, bolt action explosive rifle that can kill bug holes and fabs, 60 rounds total (12 mags) and medium pen.
Assuming this will be part of the warbond that has the explosive single shot pistol. Honestly I cant wait for this poo poo and the new heavy weapon stratagems.
Having more variety and moving different functions to unusual weapon slots will add a lot more fun to the game.

gun sounds awesome.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

i think you have to pace your shots a little, the recoil takes a little longer to settle than it seems.

i quit using it because scorcher seems to do everything slugger did but with very nice handling and additional self-harming potential.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

This game is an unplayable mess and we are all addicted.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Last night's automaton defend mission went okay until they started dropping directly on top of us nonstop. And then it snowballed. And then the game crashed. Fun!

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Hang on a minute. We can talk about how necessary the slugger nerf was (it was). But why would you want to put us through that again?

Astrochicken fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 2, 2024

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

so the dominator dominates. it basically does what slugger was before without the insane recoil and with some travel time. i think everything will be o k .

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

bot defend/rescue civilians missions now have a larger arena and get dropped in from the outside so now you have a few more minutes before things snowball. might be able to deal with dropships better before things get unmanageable. be aware patrols will 'spawn' in from the big area just like in normal missions . hilariously.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

Spookydonut posted:

in a game with a lvl 66, he says "they bumped the level cap" seems suss

i just had a game with a level 115.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007