Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

this game is euro-EDF and I mean that as high praise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

The SES Claw of Family Values

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

explosivo posted:

Eagle Airstrike honestly might be the best one in the game. It's fast to call down, recharges quickly, super accurate and predictable, and can reliably close up multiple bug holes with one strike. I think I'll always make room in my kit for the basic rear end airstrike.

same, my plan is to build out my eagle stratagems and whatever buffs I can buy for them. they deploy so fast. every pubbie pretty reliably brings the biggest boom they can muster, but when I want my bombing run I want it now, not in ten seconds

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

also the bugs are escaped farm animals (although depending on how intelligent they are, it might be more appropriate to call them a slave rebellion)

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I wish it was like, 10% easier to see and steer in the drop pod. Maybe the upgrade you buy later does the trick, but right now it feels like mostly luck when I hit a big enemy or elevated position I'm aiming for

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

The sighting range doesn't seem to actually change what your scope looks like, at least not on the dmr I usually run

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Is player armor still broken?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

DarkDobe posted:

Just chiming in to confirm that the slugger is loving disgusting against Bots.

It's like a med-armor penetrating DMR.

this is exactly what I want, a DMR that hits harder, glad I've got it to look forward to

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Is player armor still broken?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Warframe is extremely cool and unique, but every movement feels like in an MMO when you run through a crowd of other players just clipping through models

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Ihmemies posted:

Whatever setup these guys use for scaling looks hideous with movement. Am I just imagining things? Never had a game look like.. this... still images look fine, but movement.. ehhh.... :shepicide:

you never played EDF I guess?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Man I had high hopes for the countersniper DMR but it just tracks way too slowly. Back to armor piercing assault rifle on single shot I guess

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Helldiversity, Equity, and Inclusion

anybody done that yet?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I usually just beeline the main objectives, hit the secondaries when/if they're discovered, but only go after hives/factories if I think it'll be easier to destroy than avoid. If I wanted to fight endless waves of enemies I'd play one of the boring defense missions

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

big butts require big booms

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I've only played light armor since launch and can tell you that the padded one is very good. The only other trait that makes my eye wander even a little is servo assisted

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Baby T. Love posted:

How is a Helldiver like a Panda?

Neither one lives long enough to reproduce

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I feel like there's a proud tradition in war and war comedy of guys screaming about their legs, not being able to feel them, etc

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a flame trooper battlepass the way they did a tesla trooper one. Tinfoil armor that keeps you from taking fire DoT and a hand flamer would be sick

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I assure you, unless you're playing for hours every single day, the global objectives will get done with or without you. Just have fun and do your personal objectives

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Helldivers are our most special forces

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

the dmr needs to either have medium pen or do literally twice as much damage. that's just the regular one, the countersniper one can just go in the garbage if they aren't gonna fix the tracking speed on it

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

thotsky posted:

That they haven't patched the game ao it generates a need seed on launch is very interesting. Maybe the devs aren't financially incentivized to make the in-game economy run.

what does this mean

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

thotsky posted:

The people who make the game should be able to change it so that it is no longer possible to obtain large amounts of super credits quicker than intended. That they have not is puzzling.

Gotcha. Yeah it seems like the surprise success story isn't just hype and a lot of the monetization stuff is half baked like everything else

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Harbinger of Family Values

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Doesn't host leaving during mission assign a new leader? Just leave the game lol

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Ravenfood posted:

This was my first ship name and I still love it.

yeah I feel like it nails the tone and is also a good joke

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Bugs are fun when I'm looking for a good time, bots are fun when I'm looking for a bad time

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

It's refreshing to play a game that brings me back to the recess playground rumor days

I legitimately love it

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

Break Action Shotgun: You picked this up because it's the first hour of the game and you don't know what you're doing. You picked it up from a corpse, doesn't that tell you anything??

lol

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

i know it's a contentious thing for people who think that you're not fighting for freedom if you're not friday night funkin to call down your strategems, but voice attack has been a real game changer for my gnarled old hands and I would highly recommend it if you need some accessibility help.

i do feel a little self-conscious verbally calling in fire missions while my fiance is around lol

my hands aren't hosed up but screaming for air support sounds like so much fun I'll have to try this

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

jokes posted:

All armor that isn't light armor with bonus armor is a crutch.

o7

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I welcome new arrivals to the ship with an optional hug even if it's not my ship. We're all havin a good time here

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Droxis posted:

A buddy and I play high stakes rock, paper, scissors at the extraction ramp. Whoever loses gets their head blown off, much to the horror and confusion of the pubbies.

lmao

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I usually just talk and even if nobody answers they usually do what I ask or get the message. It's better than nothing, and the few randos with mics I've played with have been fine

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

If 4 players call down mechs and run them into each other it should do a voltron

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Grenade launcher/ammo pack is incredible for anything bugs aside from defense

thump thump thump where'd all the bug holes go

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

lmao I love these guys

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

If I'm playing bug blitzes my primary is whatever it was still on from the last mission, because my true primary is a grenade launcher with ammo pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Anybody try the buffed counter sniper yet? I want to like it as a dmr but the slow tracking on it just kills it for me