Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
The core gameplay of this game is so fantastic, 5/5 dongs I cannot recommend it enough. It's worth those black screens, and arbitrary loading queues.

Dropping into a newbies game on random and going full Arnold predator on the bugs is just hilarious. Turning around missions for people in random queue is probably my favourite thing to do in this game. Full on action movie vibes.

But those bots, ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff man they are rough.

fake edit: to quickly level to 20, Do bugs/bots 4/5 exterminate missions (10-15m ones) and just camp the center while the mortars do everything. If they spawn chargers or hulks just use strategems on them but keep them away from your mortar cluster. Missions are 3-5 minutes, plus 60s for loading screens.

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 20, 2024

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Alkydere posted:

I feel both EAT and Supply Pack while not maybe S Tier get sorely under-rated by a lot of people. Yes they're not Big Shiny but having two rocket launchers on a short cooldown, or a dude carrying resupply, are both game changers. Especially if that dude realizes he can call down an actual resupply and carry any unused packs in his backpack for later.

With EATs you fertilize the map with heavy weapon locations anyone can use in a pinch on an extremely short cooldown, a very good thing to do. I feel like the Railgun is strictly better for longer and larger engagements, but EATs work very well against armour and people should carry anti-armour ( whether a railgun/autocannon/EAT or strategem ) starting at 4/5 to make their lives significantly easier.

Supply pack is a godsend for higher levels where you burn through ammo like crazy.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Bots you want a different loadout vs bugs, you want to snipe the factories from afar if you can. If they have mortars and jammers at a heavy factory its not a great time :smithicide:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Leal posted:

Finally, the streamers wont go hungry...

They can switch to delivering food while they wait

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
You need 2-3 railguns to thin out the heavies, and grenade launchers to clear the mobs. Maybe can do with one auto cannon to snipe objectives from great distance.

Tip: you’re in a spore cloud but can’t see it, spin in a circle aiming slightly above and spam Q or mark target. Snipe it with shotguns from 200m away

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

idiotsavant posted:

it takes 2 shots to break charger leg armor; overcharge doesnt matter. 2-3 overcharged shots to the head/mouth kill a titan. Dunno if there's a difference between how many overcharge vs regular charged shots to the body kills a charger but it's something like 4-5.

Sometimes you get them in the throat or eye and they instantly die too. I’m so happy when I one hit those things because there are 2-3 more titans spawning on top of 4-5 chargers and 5+ brood commanders and 3+ stalkers, and 10+ bile spewers because your team didn’t manage engagements correctly :suicide:

This game feels like your the main character in an action movie, it’s intense

SES Executor of Democracy checking in

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Durzel posted:

Do people not find that the laser dog aggros poo poo that you would otherwise avoid on higher difficulties? I landed in on a guy already running a Suicide Mission level and it felt like my guard dog was a liability more than a help.

Group of 3 friends tried doing a level 7 mission, focusing on objectives but not being particularly stealthy and pretty much found that we were exhausting all of our ammo in each encounter. It just throws stuff at you at the higher levels, in my experience. Avoiding fights seems like it’s the way to go?

Yes, having it aggro random mobs and patrols is not great if you’re not prepared to bring violence of action to wipe them out instantly. You generally want to run towards objectives and poo poo on only what you have to. It’s not really about stealth it’s about time, you need to manage your time. Every incursion takes time so when you’re on 7+ and you run out of time you have no reinforcements or strategems it sucks hard.

Finding the pink samples: on bugs there’s a giant egg shaped rock it should be where they spawn.

Regarding ammo, make sure to have people tag ammo spots on the map as you go along or bring an ammo backpack. Worst case you can suicide someone to get a full ammo breaker and drop pod a heavy.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

JosefStalinator posted:

Is there a good guide as to which strategems/weapons/armor/etc I should be unlocking? I'm not very good at following metas in great depth and I usually just sort of do as the goons broadly suggest.

The most generic loadout is light armour, breaker, uzi, railgun, laser orbital and an eagle to taste. You can alternatively use the auto cannon, a sentry (typically at lower difficulties), grenade launcher, personal shield or an AR.

Things you want always [as of this patch] light armour, stamina booster <-!!

The basic loadout above clears heavies, mobs, and bases like a Swiss Army knife.

jokes posted:

Breaker loving sucks. Manual reload shotgun is better.

Other than that, Eagle Airstrike is the most important stratagem in the game.

:raise:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Away all Goats posted:

Unlocked the railgun and I can see why pretty much everyone over lvl 20 rolls with it. Kind of disappointing, hope they balance the rest of the weapons to be more viable so everyone isn't just running the same loadouts for most missions

I remember HD1 had a similiar problem in that most people use the laser rifle as it had unlimited ammo

We need the trident back so bad

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

DarkDobe posted:

Sorry but neither of these are super niche unless that niche is 'the most versatile kill-everything weapons in the game'
Yes the RR benefits from a buddy to reload. No it is not mandatory - reloading yourself is perfectly viable. The Railgun just kills everything in the game - period.
Your list is otherwise good especially for entry level stuff. The Eagle Airstrike is bar none the best calldown in the game - it kills everything, including buildings, and you get multiple uses out of it on a short reload cycle.

This goon is not wrong, Always Basic Eagle

victrix posted:

Who was badmouthing the Senator, show yourselves cowards

This thing rules, hand cannon 4life

My issue is it cannot clear trash fast enough, not that it isn't good at shooting.

idiotsavant posted:

lol i literally said eagle strafe + air strike + eat/GL/amr + precision strike two posts above you? which is like, a level 5 loadout that you can run up to difficulty 6-7. Don't even need to bother with the autocannon or turrets, swap the precision strike out for a laser drone backpack when you hit level 10 and the strafe out for cluster bomb and you can run that setup until you hit 20

Turrets are great for like 6 and below, when standing your ground doesn't get too (:v:) crazy. It's also nice in solo to drop and let it aggro the mobs so you can continue the mission. A long as you don't got any heavies running at you, the gatling will do a lot of work.

BeAuMaN posted:

Late reply since this thread moves fast: Someone in the discord mentioned doing Blitz missions at Level 7. The idea is that they're relatively short (14 minute timer?), the map area is smaller and there's one guaranteed ultra rare/buttplug rock (the one with silver veins running through it).

Ran 4 blitzes... this seemed to be mostly true, but also those 14 minutes are the most stressful 14 minutes.

Also something to keep in mind: If a person carrying samples survives until the end of the mission but doesn't get on the shuttle, the samples are still collected. However, at least one player MUST get on the shuttle for any samples to be collected, or no samples will be collected.

So for blitz, your goal is to get the super samples and make sure at least one person gets on the shuttle. If the person holding the super samples is on the ground (living) when the timer ends then it's all good. This can happen where you clear enough bug holes but you still haven't found the super sample, so you might have two people at the landing area while 2 people are fanning the map looking for that drat super sample rock.

Also something someone pointed out: Drop samples at the dropship area before the mission ends if you plan on loving off to look for the super sample or get the last bug holes to clear the mission. On PC this is the x button that pulls up a radial, select samples, then let the x key go.

100% this, just leave the samples on the evac site, worry about it when its time to leave

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Draupnir needs your help, would you like to know more?

https://i.imgur.com/YohPkLj.mp4

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Isn't the "Basic Eagle" technically the strafing run? :v:

I wish the strafing run was better. Bombs are great, but BRRRRRRRRTTTTT is its own kind of satisfying. Its weird you only get 3 (unupgraded) uses of that vs 4 of cluster bombs, even though the clusters bombs are much more devestating.

I specifically use the air strike, the cluster bomb is okay too. Air strike specifically can wipe nests and factories very, very nicely

wilderthanmild posted:

Looks like W3 in particular over there really needs your help

It’s not me In the video, but it looks like he’s a lost cause so continue to the evac site. We must complete the objectives for democracy, evac afterwards is optional :v:

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 22, 2024

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
People thinking bots are all ranged haven’t had the pleasure of 3+ scorchers chasing them when they have no anti armour or reinforcements left with only a secondary and 2 clips :v:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Kitfox88 posted:

I'd like it a lot more if it didn't have the spool up time.

If it spools up it should do hella damage, but currently it tickles things so

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

selec posted:

Got the achievement for killing my first giant bug by spearing it from orbit with my respawn pod, felt fully loving awesome

This is the way :hellyeah:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
The way they have ships on its own tab appears like they want to have multiple ships in the future

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
I convinced 3 other randoms to do the gone in 360 seconds achievement, so this is confirmation randoms can be trained. OTOH I was in 2/3s for the fire achievement and people stole my drop pod equipment :madmax:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
TKs like that happen, democracy must move forward. Call down his replacement

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

There's 4 (5?) support weapons that break heavy armor - the eat-17, the recoilless, the spear (debatable i suppose) and the railgun. AMRs can efficiently kill every robot unit except tanks and base turrets. There was a gif posted not long ago in this very thread of someone killing two hulks with the AMR.

Saying there's only one weapon that breaks heavy armor is frankly inexplicable. What'd you do, grind eradicates until you could get the railgun?

Everytime I try to look for a game on 7/8 its got a lot of those level 11/12 players who are trying to grind eradicates. Great for Exp for sure, but they are missing the core gameplay experience required. I hopped into a couple 40m missions and saw these same low mid teen level players and they are basically useless. They die to stuff they shouldn't or attempt to hold the ground when they should run to de-aggro the 5 alarm at the heavy nest/factory. Some even were solo aggro-ing patrols as we tried to de-aggro :v:

I figure in a week they should be caught up to how to play or they'll go back to whatever game theyre from

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

jokes posted:

Yeah it's definitely an ammo conservation question rather than anything else but it'll gently caress up a charger at max ROF.

The breaker only needs like 5-6 hits into the leg and the charger goes down, bonus points for being a primary weapon

Away all Goats posted:

After fighting noting but bots for like the last 15+ ingame hours up to impossible, I jumped into extreme level bug mission and proceeded to get wrecked because fighting them is nothing like the bots. I hope the two unrevealed factions are just as different from each other but it seems hard to imagine.

Illuminates are sort of like the starcraft protoss

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

1stGear posted:

I do hope future defense campaigns have a bit more mission variety. I don't want to fight on those planets any more purely because almost every operation is multiple defend missions and that loving scientist evacuation.

Heres the trick, you only need 1 of the 4 to open the doors. If your other 3 are making noise away from the doors the mission goes much smoother / faster. Enemies run towards noise

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
The atmospheric fog is metal af, it’s also handy for choosing to extract yourself from bad situations your random lobby players have got you into. Let them aggro the entire map, you just wander off do the objectives and grab the super rares uncontested. Huge W

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Yeah either all the stratagem weapons need some sort of anti armor capability or we need some primaries to fill that role because while it's not necessarily mandatory to bring a railgun on higher difficulties, it's a hell of a lot easier if you do.

e: I like this idea as well:

Anti armor is so important right now mostly because chargers can be so hard to deal with without it, even just making their tail much more vulnerable to small arms would go a long way to making other builds more viable.

If your group in 7+ doesn’t have at least 2 railguns, it’s going to be a bad time. I’d wager bring your own anyways because you can’t trust people to actually know what they’re doing. The tail is just regular damage, where as if you shoot the legs after they’re unarmoured it’s bonus damage.

2 railgun hits, 5/6 breaker shots downs them.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

bird food bathtub posted:

I wouldn't even be opposed to chargers not being toned down with outright nerfs to numbers spawned or hitpoints or anything. They need something in their gameplay elements reworked to open up other options to deal with them and remove the pigeon-holing of gear layouts where you absolutely need one of the few types of armor crackers or there's no point and you're an obvious detriment to the team.

I feel if I can play bull-fighter and lure them in to a charge that hits a hill side then get behind them with an unrestricted view of their rear end while they stagger about I should be rewarded with them at the least being to the point of having their rear end blasted in to bleed-out territory with any kind of half decent weapon that isn't a pistol.

Keeping bile titans up to that level of "crack my armor or gtfo" is pretty OK as there's not three of them hiding behind every blade of grass and they kinda should be a big baddie that takes some big toys. One or two on a team taking the armor cracker roll and coordinated spotting would be enough and engaging game play, a point chargers are not at.

… have I got some news for you :v: they are extremely common as you go higher up (8 / 9), to the point you have 3-5 spawn per engagement

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 26, 2024

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

LazyMaybe posted:

It's not even actually about the amount of extra HP it gives you or the sustain from recharging, though those things are obviously good.

The actual reason the shield backpack is so incredibly strong is that it completely prevents most hit reactions. You don't get slowed by bug melee attacks when you have a shield up, you don't normally get ragdolled unless it's a charger running into you or like, a nearby tank shot. And being able to keep running when you take a stray hit is really, really good. It enables so much more aggressive play and means you can kite bugs around in FUBAR survival situations like the extract being overrun, usually to the point of surviving all the way until the pelican shows up even when there's bugs everywhere.

Entirely correct. The big advantage is it prevents slow status, which is the huge advantage against bugs. Slowed = death

I had to run through 2 bile titans and kill 3 of them to reach the evac on 8 and without the shield, light armour, stamina booster I’d have died to the first hunter that touched me. So because I wasn’t instantly slowed, I could get one titan to puke on another, and railgun 2 others in the face making space to make the evac with some super rares I looted from a bunch of chargers I had no intention of fighting

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

wilderthanmild posted:

It seems like it takes ~3 EAT shots to take out a charger too, which is annoying. I brought EAT on a "Kill Chargers" mission and both of them took 3 hits. So not only would you need to bring them, you'd need to use more than one pod of them.

It takes 1 EAT, 2 safe railgun shots to the legs to strip the armour. Small arms the rest.

It takes 2 unsafe railgun shots to the face to kill a charger

Choose your poison

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

The Shame Boy posted:

Just did the mission on one of the robot Liberation campaigns that is to run around blowing up a bunch of the factories on a kinda small map and uh...is it normal that there are just samples of all kinds EVERYWHERE in them? I guess because the map is so small and the time limit so tight they kinda have to just load up the bases with samples but MAN i got like 20 of each kind after that run.

Yes, normal. Split into teams of 2 to minmax those.

Fate Accomplice posted:

saw a YouTube video a few days ago suggesting main objective + immediate extraction is better XP/hour cause the others don't provide enough XP to outweigh the remaining time bonus XP.

This is totally true. It's best to efficiently plan (try to until poo poo hits the fan) your route to minimize backtracking and maximize subobjectives / super samples as best you can. I imagine we will get different ships eventually, and some new strategems so you'll need all currencies even if you max out right now.

Phenotype posted:

Can someone please make a sorta railgun guide? I've been trying to use it more effectively but I'm kind of a bad shot which makes experimenting hard -- did I shoot that hulk in the face and he didn't die, or did I whiff? Did I charge the railgun enough, or does it just not kill dropships? What can you kill with it, and what are you targeting? and how long does it need to charge?

Is there a way to make the gun settings stick between matches, btw? I keep forgetting to set the JAR-5 on burst fire.

In settings there is an option to remember your gun settings per gun, turn that on.

Railgun hits faces of hive guards, bile spewers, hulks, most terminator variants very nicely. Safe railgun is best to shoot charger legs
Unsafe Railgun hits the face of chargers (huge difference) and bile titans (its honestly random if you ohko them safe or unsafe). All the caveats of unsafe use of this weapon apply :pressf:

For the hulk specifically you have to hit the eye hole of the robot to make it die spill oil

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Rectal Death Alert posted:

You can completely ignore all terminids aside from stalkers and cheese nests of any size solo. Multiple chargers are only a problem if you demand to fight them for some reason and they aren't even in the same realm as flamethrower or rocket hulks. It's why all the sample farmers run bug maps. I can clear the samples, grenade 4-6 holes out of 10, run in circles airstriking the rest and just run away. Egg hatcheries are like 20 seconds solo and the map can be cleared in <15 minutes.

At objectives where you need to fight you can drop a charger in 5-6 seconds knocking the armor off of its front leg. The weak point is the size of some units and they get stunlocked by more than 1 railgun, have to hit you like 3 times to kill you, can be easily outran and get easily stuck on the terrain.

I run into people in game who say bugs are hard too and the only way that makes sense is if you don't know you don't have to fight every one of them that you see or haven't ran harder bot missions. You don't have to fight bots either but by the time im finishing a heavy outpost there are like 5 kinds of unit spawned that will obliterate you at long range.

Shield bots and rocket bots alone are worse than any terminid unit by a huge margin not including the tanks, hulks or turrets that 1 shot you from 100m away.

It's not even close and there is a reason why 75% of the players are at terminids. Water flows downhill and most people don't want to get chewed up in a laser blender when they can run around in circles shooting 2000 bugs having fun.

I had a good team and a long play session saturday and we completed 9 helldive bug extracts with 15+ reinforcements leftover and 40+ samples per run. Helldive bot maps we managed to get on the shuttle 3 times out of 6 and I quit looking for samples because you literally cannot just comically breeze through a batallion of perfectly accurate instakill robots looking for samples while they flail at you like you can bugs.

Bugs are so easy they need buffing or new units immediately. It's not even a contest.

P much my experience too. This is because of shield, stamina booster and light armour. If they nerfed shield to allow slow it would make it much more ammo intensive on bugs. Currently as long as you know which direction is safe ish to kite you’re mostly okay on bugs apart from objectives spawning patrols on you that sound the alarm instantly (fuel missions)

You can’t really ignore bots with rockets of any kind, and you need to dearm or just kill scorchers on sight.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Eagle air strike is like cluster bomb but hits buildings with less strikes per reload.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

doing SEAF artillery solo sounds miserable

This ideally frees up the other 3 to hit the medium or heavy sites

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

veni veni veni posted:

People going Rambo can be a huge pain in the rear end and imo it's kind of an annoyingly selfish way to play. If it's well communicated why they are going to run off and there is a game plan it's fine, but some people like to run off and just start doing objectives alone, which causes very little enemies to spawn around them and a boost in enemies for the rest of the team to deal with. These same people always seem to think that they are the only ones who know what they are doing and everyone else is just taking on engagements for no reason when in reality their team is just getting swarmed and they are not helping at all.

The games progression is fast enough idg why some people want to bum rush every mission. If you stick together for the most part you'll get out with the whole team, with the most resources and usually have 10-15 minutes to spare even on the highest difficulties.

So you’re hitting all sub objectives, nests/factories, samples, poi on difficulty 8/9 as a 4 man group?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
1 person going off to do subobjectives and clear random poi is totally fine if they know what they're doing and don't use the resupply or reinforcements. Now if they have to use the resupply and still die well that's not good at all. This means the other 3 are going to run out of ammo as they chew through alarm number 11 they insist on fighting and complain where the 4th is while they constantly get sample notifications and see those subobjectives being finished.

GlyphGryph posted:

Has anyone else had bug patrols just... brazenly spawn around them?

I was just by myself in the middle of an empty field heading towards a POI, and then suddenly surrounded by at least 10 hunters and some smaller bugs. They seemed just as shocked as me, thankfully, meaning I managed to survive, but it was a terrifying thing for a moment, hah.

I've had heavies spawn on top of me, on 8/9 its not the best experience. Patrols full of baby stalkers are also very painful because it nearly always leads to an alarm.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Fix the javelin, its currently garbage.

Turin Turambar posted:

Ok, difficulty talk.

-First, there are 9 difficulties. That's plenty, enough so everybody should be able to find an adequate, engaging difficulty for them.
We are going to get more difficulty levels, 9 will not be the peak for long.

The railgun is anti armour and is good at anti armour, I don't know why you want to reduce its effectiveness. The devs difficulty scaling is the serious sam model, more bodies. So expect even more elites as we get the other difficulty levels.

Phenotype posted:

So one of the things that isn't obvious from the way people talk about it is that they're generally playing on the harder difficulties. In 6+ you'll constantly have multiple chargers and hulks thrown at you, and the railgun is basically the only thing that can deal with their armor without having a large downside, like being a one-shot stratagem or having very limited ammo. It's not terrible on lower difficulties -- you can still one-shot even the bigger bugs and robots with it -- but it's not always as impactful as something like the grenade launcher if you're not having to deal with heavies with every wave.

It's really only for heavies and some medium things.

Not directed at you but at difficulty 4-5 you are just overwhelmed with trash if you stay for the perpetual alarm fights that some posters seem to want to re-enact starship troopers in the game for. You don't need 3 railguns for those fights, you'd probably get better value with autocannons, grenade launchers, and the laser dogs.

apostateCourier posted:

Not everyone has hands that work perfectly. Not everyone is as good at vidya as you. Balancing for peak skill players is a terrible idea. Re: "9s are a cakewalk with four railguns." That is not the standard experience from what I have seen, heard, and experienced myself.

You don't see 4 railguns often, you need grenade launchers for trash clearing, and factories / nests

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Illuminates and their 100 meter ohko snipers are going to be a lot of fun for the railgun is too strong crowd.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Baron Porkface posted:

Do different planets have different difficulty? How do planets like Malevon Creek become a meme if not?

It's vietnam with robots, throw napalm and play fortunate son on your tiktoks as you run into the laser fire for views

efb

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Section Z posted:

I never played the first game. But I am getting a mental image of forcefield equipped snipers capable of I-frame sidesteps against rockets and grenades, and people losing their poo poo that players are using the hitscan railgun instead of rockets or AMR that still can't hurt them because ???

It's going to have some players hella mad when they get hit by the reverse uno card orbs. Ha HA, suddenly your controls are backwards for 2 seconds, enjoy

ZeusCannon posted:

7 does need to be accessible to all players since it gates an upgrade material. You could technically argue that 8 and 9 could be for hardcore sweats but 7 should be accessible and if that means buffing other weapons thats fine.

Edit: yeah Malevelon and Errata were starter planets i believe (could be wrong for Errata) so they entered the meme psyche

7 is really chill for bugs, people should have no problem getting the super rare samples

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

turn off the TV posted:

do bile titans and charges just die in one shot if you hit them with a railgun during their emerging from the ground animation? i saw one of both popping out in front of me and i managed to hit both with one shot and they both died but i'm not sure how.

Chargers need 2 hits to the face usually, bile titans is anywhere from 1-6. Sometimes you just bean them and they go down :iiam:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

DeathSandwich posted:

Re: the support weapons. IMO the railgun, autocannon, machine guns, and (my controversial opinion) the Arc Thrower are pretty much all in a good place. I'd much rather see things like the flamethrower, grenade launcher, and laser Canon to get some love than anything getting nerfed.

Arc Thrower in particular is a personal favorite of mine. It's not particularly effective versus any given target, but it's incredibly consistent at damaging anything you point it at, and just firing for days. One tap the small enemies, two-three trap the medium threats, and wear down the larger threats.

My really controversial opinion is that I kind of don't like the railgun for robots. It's great for kneecapping chargers on the bug side, but you have a lot better options for dealing with the dreadnoughts, and can effectively kill then with small arms in the back, and tanks are eagle rocket magnets. They are big and slow enough that you can pretty easily nail them with the strategems.

What now? Buffing the grenade launcher? Have we used the same gun? :confused:

flashman posted:

The breaker also is too strong

It shines on unarmoured or armour stripped bugs, but on bots its not a default pick to be sure.

flashman posted:

Extra eagle is probably the best one overall but the level one is pretty meh

This is the most valuable by far, otherwise I'd vote for drop pod steering as the second best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
So regarding sticking as a group and wandering off in teams of 2 I present the following evidence given they were the same mission on bugs. Sticking together meant I had to slog through 20 more minutes of endless chargers, titans and bile spewers.

38m44s sticking together

Vs

16m32s - 2 teams of 2