Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Destro posted:

sure am glad its 50% more xp this weekend when i can't even get past the login screen

If you hit the lottery and make it past the login, you have a 1/5 chance of the ingame socials working and joining your friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Seems like the pace of the game is you cycle through your strategems whenever you see a big group/big enemy, and your primary/secondary weapon is just for the odd straggler who makes it through. Seems pointless to plunk at a dropship full of murderbots with your gun, but why would you if you have a strategem available. Most of them have a cooldown of a minute or two, might as well orbital strike it.

On that note, I haven't tried any of the eagle strategems. Are they the same as the orbital bombardment stuff, only from airplanes?? I haven't unlocked most of the bombardment strategems still but it kinda seems like a lot of them do pretty much the same thing? The precision orbital strike is pretty good for blowing up robo factories from afar. Don't need to get right up there to toss a grenade in.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I did my first Kill Bile Titan mission. We ran around the target area for like 20 minutes and couldn't find it. Do you have to do something on the map to make it appear?
I would have thought a "titan" woulda been easier to spot

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I'm bad at videogames and I'm struggling getting into the harder difficulties. Seems like it's got a different tempo that I'm still getting used to. Any tips?

Here's my takeaways so far:
-Don't linger, always be moving. If there's a bug hole or whatever you can still deal with it while moving to your next objective, and at least that way they're only coming from one direction.
-Turrets are extremely more situational or straight up not worth it. Instantly gets stomped down by a charger.
-Stop loving around trying to deal with stuff with my regular gun. Call down a strategem, use gun for cleanup.
-Stop shooting a twig 3" away from me with a rocket after I call down a mech :saddowns:

Am I on the right path I have no idea, I haven't got any super rare samples yet and lose most that difficulty.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

i've had a few weird bugs recently (only been playing for 1-2 weeks)

1. me and another group of 3 complete a mission. we go through the normal stats thing at the end.. except during the cutscene of the eagle flying back to the ship it said i failed to extract and gave me a mission failed screen. it looks like i kept my experience though.

That happens when you don't put on your seatbelt in the pelican and die en route

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I don't use the ADS because it's like super low res overlay so I'm trying to zoom in and hit faraway stuff with a big blocky crosshair. Is that just a me problem, or is it the particular gun I'm using

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I maxed out my eagle ship upgrades which is nice I can throw sooo many strategems before they have to reload, and when they do it's only 1:30 until I get 2 more 500kg, 3 more airstrikes, and whatever other crap i decided to bring.
I usually end up bringing 3 eagles and 1 support/backpack, or if the other members have enough support/backpacks for me to scavenge i'll straight up go 4 eagles. Then I'm Mr Destructo. Zero hesitation, if I see anything more than a couple easy to clean up bots/bugs, calling in an eagle.

It's working pretty well but I'm kinda curious what upgrade route i should take next. Orbitals? Stuff like the Orbital Walking Barrage really piques my interest but I have no idea if that kind of thing is any good. I never see anyone using them. Sometimes there's just endless hordes of enemies coming at you. You can get like 15 kills per strategem but you'll run out before you kill em all. I'd love to have walking barrage if it can actually do what I want.

I've basically completely ignored the turrets since difficulty 7+, but their upgrades seem like they'd be significant maybe i'm making a mistake by not upgrading them.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Defense missions against bugs are a lot easier if you stack up on the edge of the map instead of in the middle I guess.

Just finished one and at the start pubbies called down two mechs and some turrets. The first mech landed, the second mech was dropped on top of the first mech. Kind of floated in the air for 10 seconds, then glided off and blew up, taking out the 3 turrets :v:
Even so it was nice just having the bugs come from 2 different directions in like a 60 degree cone, instead of all directions with no safe place to drop hell. With the eagles I pretty much just lob em at the first viable targets I see as quick as I can so I can get the rearm cooldown going, and do it again.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Ah once again, despite my friend being online I can't see him as friend online in game, nor can I join on him through steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I was doing a rocket launch defense mission and the bugs just stopped coming and the rockets stopped firing. Still can't join friends haha what is going on with their servers