Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

but much harder and somehow an even bigger focus on shooting your teammates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

back to jetpack/flamethrower now that it's been buffed. been having a lot of fun with arc thrower too, being able to 3-shot all of the mid-sized robots and the scout walker has been super useful

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to spend my medals to try and finish these bonds off quickly or if I want to save for the new ones next week

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 6, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

shooting the charger front legs to kill it is weird, yeah. it's too... gamey? It legit feels like it takes longer to kill it when shooting at it's gigantic exposed guts when you open it up from the side.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Mar 6, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

chargers should damage their armor when you make them run into walls/each other

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I want a sword

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I have faith that they'll buff the senator (so that it does the flippy spinny draw more often)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

they have made posts saying they think the other guns are good and where they should be, which is odd.

some of it I get, since each gun has way more stats than what is displayed on-screen and some of them do more damage than you'd think in specific situations (like the burst-fire med-pen gun that I forget the name of, it shreds when hitting weak points), but I can't imagine anyone's actually happy with the Scythe. Oh sick if I'm careful I have infinite ammo so I can continue to not kill anything, forever

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they'd have to make the jetpack single use or something to pry it out of my cold, dead hands, you can have your shield generators or your supplies or whatever

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it's me I'm horde-clearing stratagem guy.

I kind of wish the gatling orbital had a little bit of tracking like the laser does, I think that would help it shine over the air-burst a bit. Also, the eagle strafing run either needs more uses or more shots, it's not as accurate as you'd hope it would be for something that won't kill medium armor.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you what we need for chargers? give me a little C4 grenade. something with high armor pen but maybe you only get two or something. I can think of a lot of uses for remote detonated C4 actually

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Nordick posted:

I would love a droppable C4 brick, so I could run those and the jetpack and relive my days of being a C4 fairy in Planetside 2

this is 1000% what I was thinking. I want to jetpack up and slap a C4 on a bile titan's balls, for democracy

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the anti-material rifle should have better pen. are these mfers not made out of material???

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

boz posted:

I actually got a clip of this last night, had two of them charge straight into eachother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYKk-IOINSI

oh poo poo, I guess they have to be head-on or just in their actual charge attack animation? that's loving sick

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this game owns

I hope we get the bolt action and the mini-tank from the first game. and the mortar.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

wow the meteors are uhhhhh oppressive

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I like the senator when I'm using a primary I don't think I'll need to be switching a lot (because it's got good ammo/fast reloads). It's nice when I need to deal with a hive guard or a couple of warriors and I can just whip it out and unload on something. Also, sniping robots in the head. It kills anything short of a brute in a single shot if you're good.

But yes, the first game had a sword (in the special roguelike dungeon mode) and it had a bike with a sidecar, which would be hilarious in this one.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

heavy armor + the riot shield is probably gonna be pretty sweet vs. bots

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Insert name here posted:

My main takeaway from all this is rip to anyone that the website decides "go gently caress yourself".

also rip anyone from any territory like all of africa , the baltics, or the phillipines where you don’t have psn support. More than one person I play with frequently is basically getting banned because of this, that’s why I’m mad about it, for them. I hope they get all the negative reviews necessary to rethink this, but I know they won’t lol.

but yeah having to make an otherwise useless psn account is stupid and all that but it’s not actually difficult or time consuming. I just had to do it the other day for Rise of the Ronin. Still dumb as hell and if it keeps letting people play who are about to lose access, gently caress it review bomb away.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 3, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

if it even impacted just one, that’s enough for me, but the philipines is actually a pretty nice little market they’re about to ban. It’s not big, but it’s not nothing. The system is fine how it is, optional.

yeah the app is the way to go, which sadly means another useless app on your phone tho lol

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 3, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Lord Packinham posted:

Love the corporate bootlickers coming in, it’s never wrong to poo poo on Sony. They are a multibillion dollar company they can take the bullying.

yeah but have you considered that it doesn’t affect me personally??? if those thousands of players who are about to lose access for no real reason wanted to play so bad maybe they shouldn’t have had a bunch of other annoying people agree with them.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

w3 rocks, glad I waited (had a bad/dying pc for a while lol) to play with all of the dlc, the story in those is great

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

What do you want people to do, fly to japan and picket their office? email their representative??? making a psn account, again only an option for people who actually can, is super easy but you can’t get over the terrible hurdle of Not Reading A Steam Review?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hd1 still rocks but the low population can be felt pretty hard during specific times. I was doing both for a bit when hd2 came out and hd1 got a bump in popularity

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh yeah absolutely

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

johnny park posted:

They could simply act like normal human beings and voice reasonable concerns about access to the game in certain regions without freaking the gently caress out about the game being 'stolen' from them or getting hysterical about Sony/Arrowhead 'lying' to them or claiming this a bait and switch or something ridiculous or act like making a PSN account is a herculean task

oh yeah I’m sure politely reasoning with the billion dollar corporation will work this time. Wouldn’t want to hurt their feelings lmao

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

granted I don’t think the crying and gnashing of teeth is gonna work either, but of rhe two stupid options I think it has the bigger chance

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Griz posted:

tried 3 browsers, 2 endlessly time out at the end and firefox won't even load the first page

psn has a lot of problems and downtime issues but making a psn account right this moment is going to be a bigger pain in the rear end than usual because a ton of people are doing it. You’ll have better luck in a few hours

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

“arrowhead of being poo poo” is just lazy

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

novaSphere posted:

gotta complain about people defending an industry giant (sony) while defending an industry giant (steam) :downs:

I feel bad for their community folks and moderators. This is not a fun day for anyone who has to deal with social media channels

??? no one’s said anything about steam. do you think they’re responsible for sony’s decision here???

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Winkle-Daddy posted:

that's unacceptable and it's shocking how many people are good with enabling this behavior.

the only part I’d disagree on is that it’s shocking. Even itt you’ve got people telling everyone to get over it because it doesn’t affect them + some really annoying people are on the other side

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah my boy in belarus used another nearby country but it was hit and miss for him, sometimes it flagged his account and he just had to make a new one and it worked again for some reason lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I bring the jetpack everywhere and I always feel like a champ jumping over them as they charge at me lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

causticBeet posted:

I wish people were this mad when Ubisoft makes you log into uplay to play a game you bought on steam cause that’s way worse

it's because unlike ubisoft games, helldivers 2 is actually worth playing

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

EATs are easily in the running for the best support weapons in the game and they always have been, even before they one-shot chargers. People see "disposable" and think "oh I only get one at a time??" but you actually get two, and the cooldown is only 70 seconds by default so you can just pump them out constantly, and since you don't need a backpack to take advantage of having so many shots like the regular recoilless, you can bring other fun stuff like guard dogs or jetpacks.

EATs rock

I wish the anti-tank mines won the community thing, though I knew there was no chance in hell. Even if they didn't do the usual arrowhead thing and push out a barely functional Airburst too early, I still think the AT mines would have been way more useful. Never stood a chance being locked behind the fire tornado planet, even outside of the other option being a giant rocket launcher.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 4, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you should be able to destroy its knees to slow it down like the walking factories

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The green ones got too much dang health. Or are armored in too many places? Just take too many bullets regardless.

Apple Craft posted:

Why can't it be both this and a legitimate complaint. They are not mutually exclusive.

if you don't politely and calmly express your point of view via the approved channels at the appropriate time, then it means you're evil

even if you do, if you're on the same side as someone who is loud and annoying, you are exactly the same as them and can be disregarded as well

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 4, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it actually doesn't affect me since I had to recently make a PSN account for some other game, but I've got friends who really enjoy playing this game who are likely going to be locked out soon for no reason, so as much as it pains to be on the same side as a bunch of hyperbolic weenies that I don't care about, never heard of, or read the opinions of anyway I'm still gonna have to say Sony sucks for this.

TopHatGenius posted:

I mean, I hate it all. Having to have multiple accounts to play a game due to having to log in via Steam then uplay/origin/epic/whatever

Yeah everyone's like "what's one more service you have to sign up for" as if they haven't been saying that exact thing every time another one rolls out. How many times is "one more". At least for PSN we don't have to worry about the service dying in a decade like Origin and Uplay hopefully lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah their tracking is crazy too.

LazyMaybe posted:

found the problem

nade launcher em or blast their head with JAR or something else high AP

yeah my go to has been concussion grenades or just jetpacking away and letting someone else deal with it lol. There are so many on higher difficulties though. Strafing run's good for them too, but it feels like every patch it gets worse; I can count on more than one hand the amount of times I've seen the run go directly over a big pod of spewers and not kill a single one, when it used to annihilate things.

When (if...) they ever fix the DoT issue for non-hosts, the napalm will probably be pretty good for stuff like that.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I still like using the default Liberator lol.

Looking forward to the new heavy assault rifle, but warbond guns have been so hit or miss out the gate that I'm wary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It's a fantastic gun. They added full auto to the penetrator but the mag size is too small for that to be fun using. At least you get a lot of magazines with it.