Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I used to be a Helldiver, til I took a dropship to the knee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Danith posted:

If you're on win 11 and when you launch it, it shows the anti-cheat screen then it goes to a black screen with the game loading and then a moment later it closes, find the helldiver's .exe and in the properties set the compatibility to run as Win 8.

Had to do this to get the game to run, otherwise played with randos via quickmatch, with cross-play on and had no problems in the couple of hours I've played so far.

I was really hoping I could call my ship Guardian of Prosperity, but that was a no-go so I'm a Distributor of Freedom instead :hellyeah:

e] those flamethrowers are a goddamn liability on snow planets!

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Oh poo poo you can shoot the unexploded bombs lying around to open up some canned sunshine freedom on some fools

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

TaurusTorus posted:

Man, some weapons have really good alternate fires, the default machine gun can be made to fire 50% faster, it's nuts.

Also, landing a minefield call beacon on a bug is extremely funny, it carried the minefield into the middle of my group, tons of fun.

Guns have alternate fire modes??

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
had a bit of fuckery today but mostly fine using quickplay (pc). got dropped from 2 games with no warning and had one game solo where I couldn't board the ship to extract :( . Although I think I might've caused that to bug out by dropping an orbital strike right on top of it...

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yea that sounds right, even between Heeth and the other bug planet, Angel whatever, I noticed a massive difference.

All the different explosion effects are so so good, the napalm looks cool as hell. Minefields are legit probably more harmful than helpful but I'm tempted to grab the incendiary ones anyway

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Jesus, you guys weren't kidding about the terminator bots feeling like a whole different game :stare:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yea I'm still using the eagle napalm pretty much because it looks rad and you can call it in super close.

E) also the walking barrage owns

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Baggot posted:

- 💥 Invest in the Anti-Personnel Minefield or Incendiary Mines stratagems early. They are extremely useful at covering your back while escaping from attacks, defending choke points, and can even be placed at the Extraction Point at the beginning of a mission to prepare early as they do not seem to despawn over time.

Kevin Bacon posted:

Definitely do this. You want to be as efficient with these as you can as well, so throw those badboys down whenever it's off cooldown. The more often you place them, the bigger the covered area is, increasing the frequency of teamma- eh, evil bugs killed.

:yeshaha: This is some sicko poo poo

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Oh yea , since I haven't seen it posted itt yet, obligatory Klendathu Drop :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlx_ahISyTw

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

JBP posted:

This is absolutely not true. The spew tracks you and there's no window in which the dive is safe. I have been spewed many times in the middle of what I'd consider a perfect dive. The only answer is don't get spewed on by hitting them with AT.

That's weird, diving is my go to for avoiding their spew and its always been pretty reliable for me, maybe you're just leaving it too late?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Automatons are such a jump in difficulty compared to bugs. Thinking you’re king poo poo cause you can handle bugs at higher difficulty and then dropping into a bit planet on the same difficulty goes from Starship Troopers to space Vietnam real quick

https://streamable.com/x3z45x

Also dumb question but how do you heal someone else with a STIM on PC? I get the box over someone when they’re half health but can’t figure out what to press

Controlled bursts are TREASON.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Does anyone have a gif of that old grizzled dude in Alien Resurrection grenading the lifeboat and then saluting his dead comrades? cos that's me in this game

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I love how extractions turn into EXPEND ALL ROUNDS ordnance parties

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
you can dive from almost any height and you'll barely lose any health, but if you just run you'll die pretty easily.

Guess thats what they give you helmets for :toot:

E) also the fatty fat roundboy armour in the superstore looks real funny and im tempted to put up with bein hella slow for that

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 13, 2024

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Does turning off crossplay on pc make a noticeable difference to quickplay?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
stats? look man, I only need to know one thing

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
You can also use AC shots to blow up the bot factories :hellyeah:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Oh yea I forgot to mention, to take out bot factories with the ac, you aim it higher than you would think, like at the hatch above the vent. As if you're trying to ricochet it downwards. Once you figure out where to hit it it's pretty reliable, but I found I had to be standing right in front of it. If the door opens you can put one in there too.

Also on diff 5-6 if you have impact grenades you can kill a charger pretty quick by just hucking nades at its feet.

e] Also also, that fat boy heavy armour from the shop owns, especially paired with the tiniest cape you have unlocked, but goddamn it sucks being so slow

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Enjoy your holiday at Freedom Camp

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Wtf when did that start being a thing with drivers?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
is there any point to blowing up the random vents that are on some planets?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Can an orbital rail cannon take out a titan? It seems like a waste of a slot otherwise...

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Easy but you're honestly better off playing with pubbies, you'll level and get stuff way faster

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I died in the tutorial when you have to dive under the turret fire, cos I was holding sprint and so immediately stood up and got cut in half :toot:

Also repeating what's already been said, the 120 & 380 barrages are pretty poo poo due to their spread, but goddamn they are cool if you get 2 or 3 squaddies dropping them on the same spot.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Me and another dude just spawned into the wall of the defrost pod chamber on someone's ship and couldn't get out lmao, we were just running around in there

Yea that's been happening to me since launch. You can just wait for the 30 second timer to run out and you'll go to the loadout menu anyway.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Just had a rescue mission where the civs all just gathered at the door they're meant to go through and stood around until they blew up :sigh:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

sushibandit posted:

How are server problems after the first weekend of a launch still a thing?

Owl Inspector posted:

Game's at roughly 40x the first game's peak on steam and counting, pretty understandable that the servers are on fire

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Typical Pubbie posted:

It's mostly the near misses that cause your character to go into a limp state even though they've only taken between 0-20% of their health in damage. Repeat multiple times per firefight.

smh not everyone has the STRENGTH and COURAGE to truly BE FREE.

e] also just getting black screen on startup, glad i binged the poo poo outta this game all week

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

queeb posted:

The dualsense is so cool, such a great little feature. Shooting the different weapons in Horizon FW was neat too, they all felt different

Edit
Does picking up a EAT drop your auto cannon/? I'm considering running both in pub games just to have coverage for everything

You can do this, you just have to call in the EAT exactly when you need it, fire it off, pick up your AC again.

e] Dualsense talk is making me wanna try mine even though I won't be able to do poo poo playing with a controller, I've been waiting for something new with cool haptics :hellyeah:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

toasterwarrior posted:

NGL, my opinion on this game is souring because of all this "oh we're doing so well, have an extra XP weekend, we're blowing past all these AAA devs" narrative when server stability has been a rollercoaster since launch and is now going straight into hell because of the weekend thing. Also, it's frankly absurd that we're getting peak players at 300k (and I even have crossplay on) and I'm still having to play some runs as solo because matchmaking has been broken this entire fuckin time

They haven't been pushing that at all, lol.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol don't use the shotgun against bots. I domed myself like three times lmao

like, from ricochets? I pretty much only use the autoshotty and I've never had that, lol. I did get killed by my Liberator drone a bunch, I thought it would be safer than the laser one but uhhh, it aint.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

ijyt posted:

yes but things explode and burn which is cool and immediately better than a boring bullet

This guy gets it. A True Citizen.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Phenotype posted:

Well, it's a little weird because as disposable cannon fodder, you're given access to so much ordinance and initiative. Like, you'd think there would be some non-Helldiver troops that don't get orbital artillery synced to their command, just dudes with a helmet and a rifle that go off in groups much larger than 4, with a proper command structure and officers in the field telling them what to do.

There are absolutely regular SEAF troops that are even more cannon fodder than Helldivers, their corpses are loving scattered all over every single map. Also one of the npcs on your ship talks about how they go in and mop up/secure areas after Helldivers clear them out.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Baiard posted:

It's funny that in training Brasch's lines are canned recordings, if you stop to read the fine print monoliths a technician pipes up over the intercom and awkwardly tells you to please hurry up.

that owns :aaa:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Hows the orbital laser against titans?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Guess the servers are just gonna be borked until they implement something to kill all the idlers :argh:

e] I meant to type kick, but, well....

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Icedude posted:

Yeah, the skull on those seems to be bait. Either that or it's just a really finnicky hitbox. Cut them in half at the waist instead.

Or just hit them with 3 shots from the grenade launcher.

It's just small.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Getting kicked for afk should just say you're being sent to a Freedom Camp for reeducation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
goddamn I finally got the extract to show up and after kiting around infinite hordes of those bastard little hunters the dropship arrived and immediately blew me to to pieces on my last life :( Worthwhile Sacrifice my rear end.