Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

this game is loving sick huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

The Breaker shotgun fuckin rocks. Feels good as hell.

Game rules

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I don't think it's the most effective but the eagle napalm drop makes me feel like I'm in a vietnam movie

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Maybe I'm just a loving idiot, what is the advantage of the smg being one handed? Can you shoot it while sprinting or something? I'd test it out if I wasn't at work

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I loving love blasting a big armored bug in the head with a recoilless round man. Anti-armor is my poo poo.

The higher difficulties are where this game really starts to shine.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Aipsh posted:

Honestly tho when it does actually lock on I think the Spear might just be completely goated

as a recoilless rifle enthusiast right now, I can't loving wait for the Spear. Love popping some heavies as soon as they show up

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I love my big beautiful 500kg bomb

Also, it is so cool that they let you pick and change the fire rate of the hmg. I've found myself using it more as a primary than a special 3rd weapon, switching firing rates depending on the distance of engagement. Slower is great for further, middle is decent anywhere, and fastest is great for when you're being overrun and need bullets right now. Clip size is the only downside.

I've also been gravitating towards the marksman rifles on highest zoom, feels really great to sneak around in scout armor popping heads. When stealth fails, out comes the hmg and bombs.

Game is good as hell

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

At what difficulty do the automaton gunships start showing up?

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Wish there was a way to resupply the exosuit. I love my mech but it dies pretty quick to bots especially and runs out of ammo pretty fast. Am I doing it wrong?

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

yea I mean, I was kind of bored of how obviously superior the Quasar was to other picks most of the time. same with the Eruptor sometimes, it is a really really powerful primary gun. I'm excited to try out my Adjudicator post patch, because I always liked the feel of it. I don't know. I kinda understood every change they made, but I'm sure they'll need more tweaks to get things more in line like any game of this size.\

Is the railgun good now? I haven't used it much but it sounds cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I enjoy playing the game and don't mind making an account or whatever as long as I don't have to download another launcher