Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

triple sulk posted:

They're the capsules that explode open, right? The ones that look like were a pod that contained someone? I've opened those and I don't feel like I've gotten a thing. I may have gotten ten just now but I dunno. I'm up to hard difficulty but I guess I don't seem to get poo poo from the matchmaking and need to start missions myself to get actual credit.

There are caches scattered around, usually near a building. It looks like an orange or blue shipping container, buried so you can only see the small end. You have to blow it open with a grenade or red explosive barrel, and it usually has money/super credits/weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Baggot posted:

I'm pretty sure the ship upgrades are your passive upgrades and only apply to you, even when you're on someone else's ship.

Yep, you're all hanging out on the host's ship to salute and twirl capes at each other, but all of your ships are in hanging out in formation together so everyone gets their own passive upgrades.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Can the breach summon even be stopped? I feel like, by the time I see the orange funk start rising, shooting the bug in question is useless as the breach is already forming.

It can, you just have to wipe the patrol before one of them summons the breach. If you see the orange fart cloud it's too late, time to drop napalm and move.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

explosivo posted:

Am I right in understanding that non-explosive damage weapons are doing less damage shooting weakpoints than they would shooting anywhere else?

Weak points like bot heads, bile spewer heads, etc. works like you'd expect, dealing extra damage.

"Squishy" parts like bile spewer/charger asses take 10% damage from regular bullets and the full regular damage from weapons with the Explosive trait, but are not actually weak points at all despite being big, glowing "Shoot me!" targets.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

I've tried to contribute to the war effort over the past couple days but the game has gotten so unstable that I'm lucky if I get through an operation without crashing to the PS Menu. Been really enjoying the new Sickle though, taking that with a jetpack, grenade launcher, airstrikes, and EAT and I'm can handle what feels like pretty much anything on the Terminid side of the map.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Parkingtigers posted:

Are there ways to shut down bug breeches quickly? Against bots there's all these ways to take down dropships and blunt the attacks, but bugs seem to be just an unstoppable pile of gently caress you. I thought I hated berserkers, which are the one enemy in bots that overwhelm me, but now I've just met stalkers and I DO NOT LIKE THESE BUGS. Having to deal with them, a couple of chargers, and some flying bullshit bugs that keep swooping in on me...

how kill bug?

Eagle Napalm on a bug breach will kill all the chaff bugs and help soften up the big ones. Orbital Airburst will do the same, trading little bug murder for hitting the big guys harder.

Outside of that, general bug tips, taking a laser guard dog to handle the little guys and using a Punisher/Breaker/Sickle to take down the troublesome medium sized guys, then GL/Autocannon/EAT/Quasar for everything bigger.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

ErKeL posted:

Anyone else find the odd bot that follows you and talks to you and never fires a shot? I've had it twice where one will follow me around for a bit until I get too far away from his camp and he'll head back.

Not sure if it's a bug or what. He doesn't reciprocate any hug attempts though.

Yes but in my case he was also invincible, which makes me think it's a desync bug or something.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Risky Bisquick posted:

Another hot tip, if the map is not obscured and you are not under immediate threat. Open the minimap and ping all over the place in between poo poo and you will instantly locate all the stalker nests, spore towers, gunships, etc

15 seconds of time and you can instantly locate all the sub-objectives, no fuss nothing.

I do 3/4 of sub-objectives, half the objectives and the pubbies just walk by stalker nest beside evac every time :cripes:

Additionally, you don't even need to ping to find smaller things like caches. Just sweep your map cursor around and when it mouses over a PoI the text will pop up and you can drop a pin on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

I’m not clear on what the problem was, too many patrols to sneak around effectively?

I think I read that the issue was that previously, patrol spawn rates didn't scale linearly with the number of players, having too few patrols for games with less than 4 players. So they tried to fix it to make it work like everyone assumed it should (solo player has 25% patrols, 2 players 50%, etc.) but instead they accidentally broke it and now patrols spawn as if there were 4 players, all the time, for everyone, even solo players.