Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
So what's up with Armor? I've been experimenting with heavy and light armor and it seems that most damage sources and situations mean death anyway even if you can take roughly 3x the damage with a heavy armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

I mean I do tend to bring Heavy+Blast resist when I play with that one friend who brings 380 barrage to every mission.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Turrets most times are solutions in search of a problem, but yeah they are very effective if the conditions are correct.

I feel like they're there for when you're not playing with a full team.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Rail Cannon rifle is poo poo and I am not missing anything, right?

I started playing around when they nerfed it so I don't know, and a friend is saying it's still very good but you gotta overcharge it and aim correctly. After hours and hours I am positive he's full of poo poo. I can't find a use case for it.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Yeah overcharge=unsafe mode. What is the use case? It's not fun to shoot and it doesn't do much damage or mayhem and it feels like a backlog "will fix later" weapon because it was way too op.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Helldamn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

ZearothK posted:

What do you mean I can't helldive on the gooning discord

This is how I learn what goon means nowadays?

This completely changes my dating strategy