Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
I wish they'd finally announce if the game is going to launch with GeForce Now support. It seems to be 17% off on Fanatical, but who knows for how long :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Can you play this single player?

Is it 60fps on ps5?

Looking at the PC specs, the PS5 pretty much hits the recommended settings, which the chart says target 1080p@60.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

GruntyThrst posted:

Helldivers: For when Verhoven was too subtle

If you look at the official discord for HD2, even Helldivers is too subtle for most players.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I pre-ordered this because I loved the first one and wanted to throw my support behind Arrowhead and it turns out I can't play it because on Steam Deck it just crashes on startup

I'm sure it will get fixed eventually but man this sucks, I want to shoot some bugs

There are already people who got it working through using an old version of proton (7.49 or something?), also launching it from desktop mode seems to be a must to get the anticheat to install properly. But yeah, it'll be rough for a while, and even then the Deck might only barely cope with the lowest settings (no first hand experience with this, though).

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Anyone struggling with matchmaking, particularly on PS5: a huge part of the problem seems to be the backend being unable to keep up with requests. If you ignore the major order and go to the automaton sector, the matchmaking actually works. It's not a 100% success rate, but close enough.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

GeauxSteve posted:

My best luck has been joining a squad where the host is on PC

I was specifically talking about quick match - I've had no issues joining up with people directly via friend codes.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
What's the over/under on how long it will take for everyone's autocorrect to not change gatling into walking anymore?

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

I definitely had access to the railgun which i hadn't unlocked yet, so maybe they're just doing community-wide interactions like " when invading this focused planet everyone just has a free nuke to call in"

The railgun thing in particular was an effect that was triggered by liberating the first planet, I think. At least it applied to everyone for a while.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Re: linking to PSN account on PC, it's actually a requirement that they temporarily suspended too get around technical issues. So you're going to have to deal with it eventually, regardless of whether you use crossplay or not.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Mainwaring posted:

Debating whether to go ps5 or pc for this, suspect that my 4 year old laptop might struggle with it so leaning towards ps5. Does it work well enough on controller? And how easy is it for ps5 players to join premades with people playing on pc where you can't invite over steam?

I had to go the PS route due to an ancient computer and while I will never feel comfortable with shooters on a controller, this game is probably the least hamstrung I'll ever feel without a mouse. It has gyro support, and as a bonus the haptics are really nice.

As for crossplay, you have an in-game friend list that works through a friend code system, so joining your friends playing on PC is absolutely no issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Nuebot posted:

I rushed to get SC because of an arbitrary fear that they might add a new battlepass next month and I didn't want to miss out on this one by like, a day and 30 SC.

Can't tell if you don't know or are being sarcastic, but war bonds don't go away. You can't miss them.