Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
Managing to kill 3 chargers with an EAT call down by sticking the beacon on one of them is the most satisfying thing in this game. Sickle/Laser Dog/EAT is a sweeeeeeet loadout for anything bug. As long as you have friends who can help with the bile titans on higher difficulties.

Another fun mechanic is using the orbital shield drop to kill Bile Titans by sticking it right in front of them. They'll vomit it on it to try to kill it, and the vomit bounces back and they kill themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011

Phenotype posted:

You guys must have good luck (bad luck?) with your enemy selections. I played about 6 games on Hard tonight (and a couple mediums), and I only saw Shriekers show up once. Unfortunately my crew of pubbies was the kind that wanted to stay and fight every single breach, and so by the time we got to the north of the map, where the Shrieker nest and the extraction were, we were out of reinforcements and two of them promptly ate poo poo, so I had to just run to the extraction rather than get to fight them.

I also didn't see a single map with Bile Spewers on it for the daily mission until my very last one. I was ready to give it up.

Shriekers seem to spawn more frequently on higher (7+) difficulties for now, I'm sure they'll move more into the rotation once they're officially acknowledged by high command.

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
Blue beams are just meteor showers, anyone who tells you otherwise has been huffing too many stims while on leave.

Kwolok posted:

Its kinda a joke how much better the quasar laser rocket launcher is than pretty much anything else... Like the only thing maybe better is actual teamwork with a friendly loading a recoiless for you or something...

I actually think it's pretty well balanced and has good tradeoffs. RR has a slightly higher fire rate, but you need to stay still to load it; Quasar is slightly slower but gets passive reload; and EAT lets you fire off two (three if you stick the beacon) shots in quick succession, which is often valuable on higher difficulties. They've done a reasonably good job of making all the AT stuff viable for different play styles. I wish they would let you buddy reload someone from their own backpack but maybe that would be too strong.

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
Forgot about Quasar wind up too, yeah. Sucks to have a charger bearing down on you and miss your shot because one of the tiny fuckers staggers you at the last second. I did like Quasar more on bots than bugs. Too bad the bots are dead and never ever coming back.

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
Part of the reason DMRs don't feel great, aside from damage, is that they just don't make sense. At the ranges where I'd want to use one, the better option is typically not to engage and sneak away anyway. If they made it so a group of enemies didn't know exactly where you were every time you popped one from 250m out or something, or you could get them to scatter instead of running straight for you, DMRs would be a lot more useful on a team.

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
The quasar is basically the closest thing to what the Railgun was pre-nerf, except better because it never runs out of ammo and you can't blow yourself up. Railgun really needs a rethink for them to figure out where its niche should be, right now it feels like everything it does some other gun does better.

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
The secret best strat for being overwhelmed on eradicate missions is running outside the map edge until the timer goes off. You'll be branded a traitor, and they'll throw 380 rounds at your general area until you die, but you can get a lot of running (and, therefore, killing) done in that time.

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
Turning off the music does change how the game feels, I like it a lot.

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
Ran a bugs 3 last night just to chill a bit and some divers do not want to be helped. This guy ran into gas a couple times, walked straight into peoples' eagles several times, and then at extract ran straight for the minefield that was being put down. After this one he left, even though there was only like a minute until extraction? We were all trying to tell him not to walk into stuff. :shrug:

Collectively, we had 8 accidentals and they were all this one person. Baffling.

https://i.imgur.com/QgmqvA3.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
I feel like I’m doing something wrong with the flame thrower on chargers, they take like a whole tank to go down and I have to dodge a couple times. Am I just spoiled by EAT headshots and this counts as “fast”? I don’t have the fire ship upgrade yet.