Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
managed one game with matchmaking but now i keep getting errors

playing solo works but i'm not getting rewards

game's still hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

goddamn rocket automatons have my loving number

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

canonically what happens when your helldiver dies? are they defrosting clones in the ship or is it just the next recruit in line?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i once saw two dropships spawn for some reason and they clipped through each other as we were extracting and killed everyone inside

still counted as a successful extraction though!

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

game ran pretty smoothly for me tonight, matchmaking mostly worked and rewards registered correctly

the only problem was my third charger wouldn't register for the daily challenge no matter how many of the fuckers i killed

RBA Starblade posted:

I can't seem to get the machine gun achievement to pop, I keep killin' and nothing!

i got this on one of the emplaced mg's

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i just aim using the circle and that mostly seems to work for me

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Mulva posted:

I like that I finished the order in the first baby mission, then it crashed on evac, and now I can not progress the order no matter how many Chargers I kill!

Game is jank as hell, but fun.

yeah the daily is bugged for me too

give me my medals i have dumb cosmetics to buy!

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Finally played last night, fun game. It really does play like the first one but with a different point of view. My daily challenge thing was to kill 20 scouts and I didn't manage a single one, is there any easy way to find out what you're looking for, for that kind of thing? Also; any pro-tips for earning SC? I managed to nab an extra 20 out of nowhere during one of the missions but didn't see how while running around in all the chaos.

scouts are the at-st looking walkers on bot missions

i've been using this guide to figure out all the various enemy types:
https://www.ign.com/wikis/helldivers-2/Terminids_and_Automatons_Guide

super credits, and a bunch of other stuff, can be found in pods marked with a pulsing gold beacon randomly scattered around maps

they also appear in hidden bunkers that require two people to open and half buried blue and white shipping crates that can be blown open with grenades

Au Revoir Shosanna fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 14, 2024

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

lol it's been said before but the 120mm barrage loving sucks

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

my 120mm barrage reporting back after i called it in the middle of a huge crowd of bugs:

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Managed a bunch of medium difficulty evac missions tonight, they're not too bad as long as you have a lot of mortar sentries going and everyone is mashing the button so you can extract as soon as possible.

Anything above medium seemed borderline impossible to me though.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Nuebot posted:

So I'm really enjoying the autocannon, and the murder drone. But what part of the chargers legs am I supposed to be aiming for? I can kill one easily with a full clip but I feel like just disabling one is good enough to finish off.

you want to hit the charger in the rear end with the autocannon, two or three shots should be enough to pop it and then just let it bleed out

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

The title screen looks nice at least, but I'm not sure why it makes my 3070 run at 87°C.

JBP posted:

I left it for 60 minutes trying to login while the game for some reason was working my CPU at like 35%.

i've said this in other threads but i’ll say it again here, cap your frame rate!

this game was absolutely cooking my laptop until i capped it now it runs super cool

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Is the eagle 500kg bomb a one-and-done for the mission sort of thing?

it's got one charge and then it needs to rearm before you can use it again

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

CainFortea posted:

The final eagle upgrade gives you 1 more use of each eagle munition per load, including the 500kg.

this is absolutely the first upgrade I'm gonna get once I save the samples for it

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

You need to buy upgrades in order, so you'll need to at least buy the other Eagle upgrades first.

yep of course, the first upgrade I'm gonna buy once I finally get super samples I meant

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I picked a bad weekend to try to start this game.

you and about 400,000 other people pal

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

orbital laser or orbital railgun?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

How's the incendiary shotgun in the premium battle pass? I like the explosive AR so far but am slowly saving up for other options

the incendiary shotgun is pretty dope and probably the best gun in the premium pass but by all accounts the regular auto shotty is a better choice

Au Revoir Shosanna fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 19, 2024

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

megane posted:

For as hype about this game as people seem to be, the actual combat is… not inspiring. The guns are bland, there’s only a tiny handful of them, and there’s no melee combat or anything to break it up; at best you have a moderately-interesting support weapon. The bulk of the fun is stratagems, and most of those are effectively just really big grenades. Don’t get me wrong, throwing a really big grenade is fun! But there’s only so much playtime you can wring out of it. And the ship upgrades are all boring passives, so once you’ve unlocked all the stratagems you like there’s nowhere to go.

e: one effect of the shift to 3D from topdown is the loss of immediacy. You can spot bases from a long distance, throw a ton of eagle strikes on them, and never have to actually go in and fight up close.

i agree a chainsaw support weapon would be dope as hell

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Leal posted:

*looks at the black screen*

I... can't do my part :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQFQCS-BeRk

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

managed to get in and play a quick mission with some friends, absolutely decimated some bile titans with orbital lasers and got away with a good haul of samples

gently caress this game is good when it works

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Spudd posted:

I do wonder if they'll ever add in flying enemies.

we've got bugs and bots, the logical next step is birds

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

dinosaurs are birds, my prediction stands

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i get the complaints but it's also very funny that every complaint is like "umm excuse me but have the devs considered fixing the game??"

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

patch just dropped

quote:

🛠️ PATCH 1.000.10 (PC & PS5) ⚙️
🔧 Fixes
- Fixed crash when replicating ragdoll momentum.
- Fixed crash when replicating destructions.
- Fixed crash when displaying the mission end rewards.
- Resolved a 100% block issue for quickplay matchmaking on PC
- Tuned extract civilian mission difficulty.
- Improved the way that we handle platform authentication to avoid things like the black screen issue at startup.
- Improvements to our client > backend communication for better backend performance.
- Implemented an automatic retry mechanism to quickplay.
- Added proper login error message for error "10002038.”

🧠 Known Issues
These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed.
- Login rate limiting when many are logging in at the same time.
- Players can become disconnected during play.
- Rewards and other progress may be delayed or not attributed.
- Various UI issues may appear when the game interacts with servers.
- Pick-up of certain objects in-game may cause characters to freeze in place for an extended period of time.
- Other unknown behaviors may occur.
- Japanese VO is missing from intro cutscene and Ship TV.
- Armor values for light/medium/heavy armor do not currently function as intended.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

Is this going to boot the idlers?

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

those look like good fixes so far, nice

however, looks like theres no afk kicking?

nothing yet on that front though they've said it's something they're discussing

nothing about raising the user cap either so i'd guess they're mostly focused on optimising the backend since that's reportedly the main bottleneck at the moment

as other users have said, that's not likely a quick fix and could take a while yet

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

dev claiming today's patch includes prep for increased server load so that's encouraging
https://twitter.com/Pilestedt/status/1760018663396999420

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think the reason the bots are kicking our rear end is because for whatever insanely stupid reason, the only defense mission available at the lowest levels is the rescue 30 scientists one, which is nightmarishly hard compared to every other mission for new divers and almost impossible to solo

the main problem i'm finding is that pubbies simply don't know to press the buttons

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

the mg's are fun as hell but yeah they're going to need armor pen to make them viable at higher difficulties

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

helldivers 2 many bugs not enough servers

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

SES Senator of War

Bah I'm still just a lowly Comptroller of War.

One day I hope to be elected Senator. Maybe even King...

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Fangz posted:

I do wonder who the heck is setting up those illegal broadcasts on bug worlds.

they were human worlds with nascent dissident leanings that super earth intentionally releases the bugs on so they've got an excuse to send the helldivers in to clean up the place

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

tales in heartbreak: the guy with all the super samples fell down a hole minutes before extraction

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Phenotype posted:

I finally hit 20 tonight and rolled out the Railgun for the first time. Why is this thing so good? It's got 20 shots with a reload after each one, so I'm just using the Breaker most of the time, and pulling it out once in a while. I think I played on a lower difficulty to get used to it, so I guess I didn't really give it enough heavies to shine maybe? I used it to kill a Hulk pretty easily, but I coulda done that with an EAT too and had an actual weapon to use afterwards.

It's mostly just super versatile, it's powerful, it works at range, it's got loads of ammo, and it will break a Chargers leg armor in two shots.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

I've been thinking about dropping the 80 medals on the JAR-5 because it looks cool as hell but I'm struggling to think of a decent loadout to complement it.

I kind of want to run it with a Stalwart so I've got trash clear and medium armour covered but then what do I do about heavy armour? I could take the railgun instead but that just fills the same niche as the JAR-5 but better.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

novaSphere posted:

Is there a toggle sprint function in this game? My pinky is getting sore from holding shift down constantly.

Yep, in the key bindings you can change the mode from 'hold' to 'press' which turns it into a toggle.

Note that you can do this with every key binding in the game, it's super flexible.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah if I'm using a stratagem slot on a weapon then it needs to be able to deal with heavy armour because nothing else in the game can do that.

If we had a primary that could chip away at heavy armour I might reconsider but right now I don't feel like I have any other options.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Bad Munki posted:

I did attempt to aim for the pelican with my hellpod, but unfortunately it passes through. Was really hoping I could ruin his day, too.

I had a pubbie hit the dropship with their hellpod once, it killed me inside and bugged it so another player couldn't board to evac, we ended up losing something like 40 samples because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

After trying out the Dominator for a few missions I've decided what this thing really needs is like a 60 round magazine.