Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
So I just picked up this game yesterday and started joining random games on Fenris III.

My second mission I saw something interesting on the ground so I blew it up with a grenade.
Turns out it was very highly explosive and blew me up with it.

Also a a newbie I had no idea the point is to not extract as soon as you finish the mission.
So if you are working with newbies let them know before they start the evac process!
Because that is what we are told to do in training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Is it too late to get one.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Just had a game where a level 50 dude with Chinese characters for a name had an orange mech that had twin autocannons and a buggy that fit the whole squad and one guy got to use a MG in a turret.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ciaphas posted:

how long did the buggy survive

It was an automaton desert planet so it lasted two seconds and killed three of the four.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

johnny park posted:

The devs have explicitly stated that they do not do this and all instances of this stuff happening are hackers

The devs also explicitly stated there are no flying bugs yet here we are.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mesadoram posted:

Awesome! I will totally give it a whirl next time I am on.

Also, I finally hit 20 but I don't have enough resources to buy the shield backpack :smith:.

Run an evening with goons on higher difficulties and you will have those resources in a heartbeat.

And by heartbeat I mean at the end of the session.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I hate the Heavy MG, it is just worse in every way to any other weapon that does it's job.

The Quasar I like, however I think I would still bring EATs.

Because to me the Quasar is not something I want to carry all the time and EATs are ready for you whenever you roll up to an objective.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

thotsky posted:

The heavy MG is just like the medium MG, but with more recoil; I don't really get the point. It doesn't have noticeably better armor penetration against bots.

The Quasar does the same job as the EAT. You get slightly less cooldown, but you can't take out two dropships in quick succession. Maybe it's for people who don't like calling down strategems and littering the map with EATs.

If they up the calldown/cooldown time on the EATs a little I can see it getting use; especially on maps with modifiers that increase it further.

The cool down is long enough and the charge is long enough that you are not hitting two drop ships when they are back to back. you can manage that with EATs if you're standing next to the drop pod or your buddy grabs the second one to help out.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

thotsky posted:

Yes? That was my point? The Quasar can't do that, but the EATs can. In return the Quasar will give more shots over like, 5 minute or whatever. There's less burst damage but more sustain.

I get it. But I rather run an auto cannon or the rifle for all the stuff you don't need an EAT for.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Maybe the guy getting exploded by the Quasar was standing next to mine or exploding plant. there is some backlash

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

treepunk as hell posted:

Typically, standing or crouched. Usually it was aiming upward toward Dropships but once or twice it happened aiming at a distant Hulk that shouldnt have seen me. Usually the second shot fired in short sequence (ie holding the fire button down during the cooldown period to immediately spin back up. Doing the same thing without the shield pack doesnt seem to cause this though)
I don't know if ive ever used the Quacker prone. Seems inopportune.
Only thing i can think of is that its catching on it if the end of the gun sticks outside the hitbox?

I wonder if it's your armor model. Do you run with an armor that is uncommon?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I went with Sword of Benevolence.

Like we cut down everything with no ill will.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Does anyone else use the sickle on charger legs?

It's weird because it looks like it's doing nothing. Then the charger dies.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE posted:

Messed around on L6 bots with the ballistic shield + SMG + grenade pistol last night and I'm in love. Haven't decided on what heavy weapon pairs best, but tried EATs and Quasar and they felt good, like I could quickly respond to heavies. If they fix thermite nades this might get really interesting. With the shield, Devastators feel waaay less threatening since you can just shield-walk up them shooting their eye out.

The new grenades may be just what you're looking for.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dren posted:

The Eruptor shrapnel shot 180 degrees and instakilled me today when I shot a hive guard. Where do I file for compensation?

Under D for democracy.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I skipped a lot of pages. How was the pearl clutching drama about having to sign up for a free account on psn?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Max Wilco posted:

I have a PSN account, so I didn't really give it much thought when I installed the game and it asked for it. I just linked it and started playing.

In retrospect, though, that was probably a stupid idea, because I remembered that Sony had that big data breach several years back, and that made me wary when buying stuff on PSN (I either use gift cards or a credit card if I want to buy something). However, now that it's linked to Steam (where I've mainly paid with debit), I'm a little worried.

I don't suppose there's any way of unlinking the accounts?

Don't use the same password for every site you create an account on and there's no problem.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
What countries are banning going to psn.com?

Like it's a website. You don't need a Playstation.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Review bombing the game is just going to make Sony shutter the studio.

They give no fucks about your feelings on linking the account.

Good job putting a small studio out of business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I don't actually think Sony is going to shutter Arrowhead.