Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

It was kind of refreshing to see devs troll the poo poo out of people. Shame it won't happen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I had my first experience with a guy I accidentally killed respawning and killing me out of spite, and then not reinforcing.

If I killed everybody who killed me I'd have more friendly kills than enemy kills.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Qubee posted:

Is there a way for me to aim and deploy a strategem without the need to throw it, for far away targets? The really explosive strategems keep on killing me because I can't seem to throw them accurately enough, I would much rather prefer designating the target with aim + keybind.

I don't really understand how you're killing yourself regularly with strategems. Teammates I understand. But you have to be doing something really really bad to be consistently nuking yourself.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Qubee posted:

The eagle strafing runs are wonky as all hell. I can't seem to designate the orientation of the strafing run so sometimes the pilot will strafe side to side, sometimes up and down. It's that confusion from me that usually lands me getting shredded.

I've never seen an eagle strafing or bombing run not end up perpendicular to the direction of the throw. Maybe it gets screwed up because of multiple bounces or something, but it's not something I've ever witnessed.

Owl Inspector posted:

This is specific to the kind of airstrike. the strafing run is up and down, the cluster bomb is side to side.

oh word? I dropped the strafing run basically right after I got clusters so I've barely used it

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

I will take this Gang Tag of Family Values

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Owl Inspector posted:

The EMS mortar is the only sentry I respect

I did a mission yesterday for the first time with the RR, mines, and the EMS mortar to hold one of the battery towers and I don't think I've felt so directly impactful on a mission. It owned.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

while i'm asking questions, where should I be aiming at with an EAT vs bile titans? face, underbelly, a leg, ...?

The head.

The window for a good 1 hit head shot is pretty small, but I feel I've gotten some amazing danger close kills on Bile titans shooting them in the head.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Should I buy cluster bombs first or save it for something else? I just hit level 3 :baby:

Cluster Bombs is a fantastic strategem, especially versus bugs and their recent changes increasing the number of non-heavy enemies. It's a completely valid option even at higher difficulties. And you get 5 drops (iirc) at max eagle upgrades.

I think my record with it is ~60 kills.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Anybody who gets less than maximum stars on a mission by deliberately skipping side objectives gets sent to a re-education camp.

You have all been warned.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

blitzes tho

Traitor spotted

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Just ran stun grenades for the first time. They are indeed good.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

johnny park posted:

710 is also just OIL upside-down and backwards lol

:vince:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Ihmemies posted:

30+ years of gaming and this must be the #1 buggiest piece of poo poo I've ever laid my hands on.

While acknowledging that this game has some fun bugs and annoying crashes, it's not even in my top 10 buggiest games ever.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I haven't used the new weapons yet because I'm out of town, but from reading posts here it seems like the only reason to bring an RR at this point over EATs or a Quasar is if you're going to be getting buddy reloads.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

there are no bad 380s, only bad helldivers who take them on bug maps

120mm is literally just the 380 barrage with much smaller explosions but comes down slightly faster. its trash. it saturates an incredibly small % of its strike zone, which is ironically the only reason it doesn't cause massive TKing since most players experimenting with it will throw it like 30m away.

This.

Don't take the Orbital HE barrages.

Just don't do it. Be a team player. At least the mortar sentry gives you a chance.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Just had the most wholesome gaming experience in ages.

Joined what must have been a 7 year old British boy. Begged me not to quit because everyone else had quit on him. Took no strategems on a level 5 bot mission. Talked the entire time, including when his mom came in his room and told him to wrap it up. Led us around the map yelling 'For DEMOCRACY'. Finished the mission successfully and gave everyone hugs before we left.

:unsmith:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I just gave the mortar another shot on a bot extraction mission. It is good.

A bot extraction or eradicate mission is basically the only time I would ever use it.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Eagle Airstrike is maybe the most broadly useful strategem in the game. It almost never comes off my bar.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Even if the Quasar was only an asset against gunships, considering assaulting those towers is now seemingly a regular occurrence for 7s and above (I assume since I really only run 7s) you need to kill alot of gunships during bot missions.

It's a very good strategem.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I've been using the Diligence against bots and have been enjoying it as my chaff killer.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I tried very hard to give the spear a chance in a handful of missions.

I'd rather of had a quasar or AC every time.

It is indeed great for sniping fabs, towers long range (so long as you have a clear sight picture and there are no obstructions), but it's a liability whenever poo poo hits the fan imo

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Kly posted:

is there a sweet spot like with the charger head plate?

Yes. At least in my experience.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

With a new major order to kill bugs I finally got to try a loadout I've been thinking about for a while. Max anti-tank. Quasar, EATs, Guard Dog, Eagle Cluster, with Sickle Primary, Grenade Pistol, and Impact Grenades.

I broke my personal record with 400 kills on a level 8 mission just now. It's fun as gently caress.

Now I want to mess around with the Eruptor and Crossbow. I'm thinking Either one of those as Primary, Change back to the Machine Pistol, Impact Grenades, Machine Gun, Guard Dog, Eagle Air Strike and a Flex of either Orbital Laser/500kg/Something Else.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

re: Eruptor Chat - I just tried it on a laid back level 5 operation and I'm not sure I'm getting it. It is a real good bile spewer popper and with some amount of placement seems to be able to one shot brood commanders? But it felt very bad against chargers. Am I supposed to be shooting the butt with the eruptor because it wasn't penetrating the head.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Why can I 1 shot a bile spewer with an impact grenade that does 400 explosive damage, but I can't with the crossbow that does 420 explosive damage.

Also, why can't I kill bugholes with the crossbow? If it's possible I can't figure it out, I spent a couple of magazines trying to hit every portion of one.

And unless I missed something it can't even blow open containers.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 19, 2024

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Also, new major order: Succeed in defending at least 10 planets

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

LuiCypher posted:

Neither do most other primaries and yet they're all still worth using

The crossbow fires an exploding arrow that can't damage the side of a shipping container.

Hell I can understand it not reaching the 'can close bughole' breakpoint for balance reasons, but come on man.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

BadLlama posted:

It is really not that big of a deal.

Sure odd, but also, okay?

Hey man, we're talking video games here. Everything is a big deal.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Don't know how many people here play with randos like me, but has anyone experienced an issue where when they start and launch a mission you'll get 3 immediate people, but then once they DC/leave/whatever no-one else joins. It's like a surefire thing where nobody will join on me unless I quit out and restart the game.

It's weird.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

It's a bummer because it makes me not want to run my own ops higher than like 5-6.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Internet Explorer posted:

I think you'll find that the lazer dog is a gun, and is thus an offensive strategem. :colbert:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Eason the Fifth posted:

After the quasar dropped I haven't bothered with any other anti-armor. It's such a Swiss army knife. Closes bug holes and bot factories, destroys pirate radio towers, shrieker nests, and the fog mushrooms, blows up containers, one-shots chargers and dropships (with only half-decent aim) doesn't use a backpack, and never runs out of ammo. What's the railgun or recoiless rifle compared to all that?

EAT still a solid choice imo since it gives a temporary AT capability and can allow you to carry an alternate secondary, including the Quasar. I had tons of fun doing an EAT/Quasar combo the other day.

I don't see much use for the RR though. Especially on missions with randos where nobody can really be relied upon. The only thing I can think of is if two people bring RRs and reload for each other, that might be pretty dope.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Chocobo posted:

competitive Helldivers

The what now?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Quasar nerfed. Refunding.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

The fact that the crossbow can't open up containers makes the game literally unplayable. What the gently caress is Arrowhead doing??????

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

just a lil ruckus posted:

eh gently caress this game then, was fun, i have the witcher 3 to finish i guess

okay

W3 is a good game. So this isn't a bad choice.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

A joke about baud? Dad? Is that you?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Lladre posted:

I skipped a lot of pages. How was the pearl clutching drama about having to sign up for a free account on psn?

Pretty funny. The only people left here now are corporate bootlickers.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

novaSphere posted:

how was it, lol. lmao

A good summation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

people are just accusing them of lying and trying to doxx the community managers again lol

Gamers with a capital 'G' man