Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
The Incendiary Breaker shotgun from the premium warbond seems pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I played with a hacker that was calling down mechs and recon vehicles. So, they're fully implemented in the game already with icons, voice lines, etc., the devs are just waiting to sell them to us. :P

Wait, no, thats' a lie, the recon vehicle doesn't have a strategem icon yet. Other than that, fully implemented.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Well, don't try to unlock any ship modules or strategems right now because the servers just ate my resources and didn't unlock them.

Also rolled back my warbonds by one mission.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
So is it a thing to just bounce from one eliminate terminid mission to the next? Seems like a couple hundred experience and a warbond or two per minute is the most efficient grind by far.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I know people hate on 120/380 arty strikes, but have you ever called in 3-4 of them at the same time in the same place? Nothing survives, hives closed, objectives complete.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I honestly feel like the Dominator is the better version of the Slugger for Terminids. :colbert:

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Are all the new warbond guns just loving terrible? Because I spent 270 medals to get all the warbond guns and they all seem loving terrible.

The JAR-5 Dominator and Incendiary Breaker seem great, in comparison.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Vanguard Warden posted:

There's no stratagem that's particularly efficient at sealing bug holes, is there? Airstrikes drop in a pretty narrow line and depending on angle can miss a bug hole right on its path, and the 500kg bomb seems to not do any damage to something if there's even an inch of occluding terrain in the way. When you get some massive hive with 9+ holes to seal in a circle around a big crater, it seems like there should be a better way of dealing with that other than running around and popping each hole one by one with grenades or explosive support weapons, especially on solo runs where that's an even greater hassle.

380 orbital barrage in the middle of a large bug hive will generally seal the majority of the holes, walking barrage as well if you place it just before the hive it will bomb its way across generally getting most of them.

Drop them both at the same time for a special treat.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I'm wondering if the awful, terrible, pathetic plasma shotgun might feel less so if I paired it with a jumppack

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I'm a big big fan of both walking and 380 barrages on any factory or bug hole mission. Set it and forget it.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
The pro-scene meta has been Knight+Ballistic Shield for weeks. Intel and C9 both using it on their tanks AND supports for the last two weekend tournaments, and they beat the poo poo out of the competition.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Kazinsal posted:

how the gently caress is there a helldivers 2 pro scene

Prize pools in the hundreds of thousands and viewship that peaks the same.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Infidelicious posted:

It's significantly better vs. bots IMO - it instantly kills raiders and doesn't seem to just continuously fire like the laserdog... but the drones are pretty meh vs. bots because their dangerous stuff is armored and generally out of range of the Dog.

I brought gundog once and it emptied its clip and never reloaded once in the entire mission and just floated there uselessly? Did I miss something or was that a bug?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Quasar + Laser dog backpack feels damned good against bugs. One shot from the Quasar on a Charger leg and a few rounds from the Dominator and it's dead. Quasar also closes infinite bug holes. gently caress yeah.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
The Eruptor feels so goddamned good against bots. Primary firing impact grenades. One shots walkers with leg shots, one shots devastators with headshots. Clears entire patrols of little bots in a few centrally places shots. You can't magdump a huge amount of damage into a weakspot like the Dominator, but I like the overall feel of the gun better.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Unlocked the crossbow, what a miserable weapon. It's just the Eruptor but worse in every way. Am I missing something?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Mines are going to win. The mine meta is dominating competitive Helldivers right now and this is just going to reinforce it.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Haven't tried it myself but I was playing with someone using Incendiary Impact grenades and he seemed to be dropping chargers with them quite effectively?

Also, what a cool loving graphic on those things. He was using a supply backpack and grenade armor and just spamming the loving things.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Just did a scientist extraction where at 40/45 scientists extracted, we were getting dropships every 2-5 seconds infinitely. 5+ factory walkers, uncountable tanks, dropping right on top of the objectives. Literally killing hundreds of bots and there were thousands left. Game broken yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Does the HMG kill hulks? Interesting.