Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Can't wait to accidentally shoot my gamer buds in the back of the head and yell "you're blocking my shots" into the mic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Can you play this single player?

Is it 60fps on ps5?

Yes you can.

I don't know, but the previews looked 30fps.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Alright I'll buy it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

When am I allowed to change armour? I've done the tutorial and first mission.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Failed to join game lobby

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm on PC and can't join a game at all

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Hmm. Turned off crossplay and matchmaking works. Got a crash when I was being revived. Game won't launch from steam unless I try three times...

E: gently caress this is so rough. Contemplating refund

JBP fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 9, 2024

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

dogstile posted:

Yeah turn off crossplay and the matchmaking is fixed.

It's not. Still fails. Currently sitting on eternal deployment animation. It's really bad rn on PC.

E: crashed again during mission after reboot

JBP fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 9, 2024

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Danith posted:

If you're on win 11 and when you launch it, it shows the anti-cheat screen then it goes to a black screen with the game loading and then a moment later it closes, find the helldiver's .exe and in the properties set the compatibility to run as Win 8.

Thanks for this I will give it a go.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Arsonide posted:

Find your game executable in the local files, open properties, in the compatibility tab check "Run as Administrator", this fixed everything, literally everything for me. I think the anti-cheat is trying to do stuff and failing because it doesn't have permission, so it boots you.

I did that and had the same problem. I then changed graphics to all max settings and it works perfectly :shepface:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I love dropping the minefield in a strategically sound position while defending a spot only to have two people charge directly into the glowing red explosives. Maybe they think they're collectables.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

That's how they get you

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I nearly went with Comptroller of Individual Merit but ended up going with Queen of Iron because it sounds metal as hell

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kaddish posted:

Anyone try the P-4 Senator? Warbonds are earned so slowly that I'm reluctant to buy stuff.

How about the Liberator Explosive?

I use the senator. Idk if it's good. It takes ages to reload but it can one poo poo little dudes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

1stGear posted:

Feels like Challenging is the limit of a what an uncoordinated group can manage to full clear the map and Hard is the limit for just doing objectives and bailing. My Super Destroyer for a pubbie who understands that just because we can see the bugs does not mean we have to engage them.

I love it when they stop and engage a patrol with their gun for no reason then the poo poo absolutely hits the fan lmao

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Is it dumb to take more than one eagle stratagem? It says uses next to them, but you have to send it to rearm. Can it keep using the many use strats even if you use the other ones up?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

RoyalScion posted:

The way it works is, each Eagle strategem starts fully loaded with its X number of uses that are individually used (not shared). If you use every single eagle strategem, it will automatically go on reload for ~3m and then you will get all uses for all airstrikes back.

Otherwise, you can you can call the Eagle reload manually at any other time to restock all your uses, but all Eagle strategems will be unavailable regardless of how many were left, and unused instances do not stack upon return. The time to rearm is also not affected by how many uses you still had outstanding.

Cool so you can have four eagle slots and use them all up before rearm. I like the aircraft support thing as a gimmick but I keep worrying that I might be wasting shots or something taking multiple weapons.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bardeh posted:

The basic 'big explosion' ordinal, the one you start off with, is very useful and I always keep it. I can't remember which one it was, but there's a supposed 'small area' ordinal that ALWAYS gets me and my teammates killed because it actually covers a huge area far away from where you call it in. The gatling cannon one is actually quite good for keeping lightly armored swarms at bay.

For Eagle I like the larger bomb strafing run one - quick call in, lots of damage, relatively easy to direct and not kill teammates. I haven't found any of the others I've unlocked so far as useful.

Eagle napalm and cluster bomb are awesome because they're extremely ooh rah and kill shitloads of stuff. I agree that the gun is great, short call time and it will kill those stupid bile spew grubs. I haven't unlocked it yet but I feel like running all three with the 500kg would be perfectly fine until I send it home to rearm.

I also unlocked the autocannon and it absolutely rips.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Game didn't give me any of the rewards for two missions and I can't use the ship menus lmao... Ughhhhh....

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I've had that happen three times. I'm mad because I got a big number of samples to go towards 20% eagle cool down and the game ate them.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I love the game so the constant gently caress ups are hurting me bad.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Diephoon posted:

PC having stability issues as well this morning. First time seeing this on login:

I waited on the screen for a bit and got in sucessfully, went to go buy a new Strategem and the menu wouldn't load:

I was still able to head over to the Automaton Campaign zone and join some in progress missions on the map. Pleased to report that Automaton 'nam is loving terrifying just as other people in this thread have said. Heeth has nothing on this.

Got 2/3 of the way through a campaign with randoms on Hard then my game crashed when I tried to change my cape. Recommend not trying to interact with the armory unless you are between campaigns.

This is exactly my issue. Don't bother imo you won't get your medals or other loot. I was playing for a good time so it isn't that bad but the game ate so many materials that would have yielded fun stuff.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah I love the jetpack too. Nice part is that you can give one to a buddy after seven minutes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tei posted:

Is a playstyle.

I have seen a stream where the whole team had these fighting against the robots, and they would jump on top of buildings or escape large explosions, and looked really cool and useful, but I am sure the same setup would not be that useful against the bugs.

You can fly on top of stuff and become more or less invulnerable to bugs. It's also the only reliable way to not get hit by bilespewers.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

SEAF artillery hauls rear end. Is there any way on the map to glean where SEAF, map towers and etc are or might be? I know you get a side op as an objective but being able to plan to get SEAF would be nice.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Fighting bug: haha get some get some!

Fighting robot: *unintelligible, terrified screaming*

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

JackDarko posted:

Any advice on what to prioritize strategem wise? Ideally leaning toward versatility for when I have to pub.

If you have a free gun (I think everyone gets a railgun right now) I'd just take area denial (turrets or mines) and something to blow poo poo up. If no free gun the stalwart is really good as a primary weapon.

380mm orbital and precision orbital are gold for safe bug busting.
Eagle airstrike and strafing run are excellent. I'm very partial to strafing run because it gets a few charges and will clean out a heap of enemies nearly instantly.
Never hurts to bring a supply pack if you want to be Mr Helpful.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Play posted:

A tip on those guys: the dive is the answer just like chargers. When they're getting ready to spew, just dive to the side and they'll miss every time.

This is absolutely not true. The spew tracks you and there's no window in which the dive is safe. I have been spewed many times in the middle of what I'd consider a perfect dive. The only answer is don't get spewed on by hitting them with AT.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

exquisite tea posted:

I played a couple intro missions, once solo and then once in quickplay. I finished both, but in both cases, my XP or credits didn't seem to be saved. It froze on the victory screen where everyone is standing greyed out until I hit ESC. Are rewards just not going through right now?

They're not. Maybe they're in a pocket dimension waiting for the problems to be fixed, but this is happening to everyone as far as I can tell.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Play posted:

It seems to work super for me, but maybe it doesn't if you're too close? At mid range it seems to work great. The instinct is to keep firing but if you know you won't kill it in time better to dive or sprint

Right now I just shoot them point blank because you get a free railgun and that flinches them or kills them. Chargers aren't a threat because you can just stare them down with a railgun.

I find at mid or close range the tracking is all wonky. Like it feels as though you should have a time that makes dodging safe or mitigates damage but I will do the same timing multiple times and 2/3 you just get spewed to death.

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

they nail me every time, even midair. It might work if you dive at the very second they shoot, not sure…

I've tried diving early and late, always seems like a diceroll as to how much damage you take, often fatal damage.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The pods have a pillar of light to help you see them while you travel. They vary in what's inside a lot. Sometimes credits, but also medals and stuff.

Challenging is when you start to find more stuff. I think it's challenging minimum for the rare sample mat.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I can't blame them for not preparing to take 20,000 patriots per minute lmao

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

That's weird, diving is my go to for avoiding their spew and its always been pretty reliable for me, maybe you're just leaving it too late?

I've been trying it at various times and it feels extremely unreliable. Might be netcode or something but I often get laser accurate spews that hit me while in the dive and finish me on the ground.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Running away is for cowards.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If you don't end every engagement by calling a 380mm barrage down on your own position while screaming get some are you even a helldiver?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Dandywalken posted:

Laser cannon feels terrible lol. Literally deflects off chargers armor.

I think it's value is mainly in unlimited ammo. Most things deflect off the charger armour though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

ZeusCannon posted:

Whenever i see a bug letting out the fart that calls the breach in. I just drop an orbital barrage on em. It takes just long enough to hit, so that the big boys pop out and take it in the face.

This is why I bring napalm and an orbital fart bomb sometimes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

So I guess they haven't fixed anything in the last 24 hours since I can't connect to the server to login?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

idiotsavant posted:

i'm about half & half in terms of actually getting rewarded for missions today.

I'm 0/2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I got paid for the last mission including the daily. We collected so much stuff too.

I'm eagle man I've decided. All eagle all the time. Except for ahhh two minutes when it needs rearm lol.