Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I didn't understand the going prone bit in the tutorial and thought I was supposed to dive PAST the turrets so failed 4-5 times trying to nail it and an annoyed tech voice popped on being like "Uhhh... diving to prone is required to advance this portion of the training..." and it was so out of place with the over-the-top recorded general's voice lines it was perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

The industrial might of Super Earth must be truly staggering if every disposable dropship cannon fodder gets his own FTL destroyer with multiple support personnel.

Just another example of the clear cultural superiority of managed democracy!

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

JBP posted:

There like a thousand frozen guys in the cargo hold ready to spot for the destroyer lol

But I named the drat thing :colbert:

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

If another Helldiver has a paid battle pass gun can I pick it up?

Game is great but I couldn’t find anyone on matchmaking last night and it just doesn’t slap solo. Even random matchmaking is good though. I gotta get on the friend code discord.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Should I join the second discord link in the OP? I only see a general HD chat thing there and the first link is invalid.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

The bits of dialogue in this are so good. The first one I got was a tech telling me she had reset the clock to “liberty savings time” and she was going to use the extra hour to do maintenance checks and that means she doesn’t have to do overtime that night

Just so good

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I don’t get it my little man goes onto a server and a computer fills the server with robots or bugs. If more people want to play just buy more servers for their little men.

You have to have more bugs and robots too but those are free they are just computer code so that costs nothing.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

This game is legit redefining how to be a victim of your own success. They aren’t even doing anything wrong either, thus the victim part

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Best tip I've gotten so far has been "Remember: Freedom!"

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

When I had a new kid I just played single player games for a few years but it was right when Arkham Knight X-COM 2 and Civ VI were out so I had it easy.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Are maps procedurally generated or designed? Because it’s super hard to make good procedurally generated urban maps and the map variety I’ve seen has been super solid if they are designed.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Dead Space severed the gaming gordian knot of aiming for the head / center of mass so I feel like exploring for weak spots is baseline now.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Chargers should do more damage to other bugs they run into and their armor should break when they run into poo poo at full speed in addition to the stun being a bit lower. Makes railguns maybe a bit less necessary.

Was disappointed by EAT didn’t demolish them at level 5 but in a 4 man squad it generally hit them hard enough to let others take them down.

I came across an incendiary breaker and I think it was crap but I loved it. I’m not sure how much damage fire does but it felt great setting a Charger on fire and then grenading his underside.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Game is great. Accidentally took an auto cannon when I was trying to take a stab at a grenade launcher and supply backpack combo. Got ambushed by 5 chargers at the first egg site and barely managed to stabilize after two players left. It was the third mission in an op so we pressed on and barely evaced ahead of another wave of chargers.

Had a hug on the destroyer then signed off the game. Good luck out there fellow helldiver.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

The gold and black helmet and suit from the basic warbond looks so loving good

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Having certain planets liberated or controlled should do more things. Like a certain planet should be a Bot tank manufactury where if they have it they get increased chances of dropping tanks or one where all our high-explosive ammo is made so if the Terminids take it over those become much harder to use on missions.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

(A Literal Fascist): actually you'll find that on paper a benevolent dictatorship is the best form of government

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I like the look of the gold and black fancy armor and the 50% chance to not die has saved me about 50% of the time which is pretty huge.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Used the excuse of having a cold planet to do a full laser loadout in a mid-range game (Scythe, laser cannon, guard dog rover, orbital laser) and it was super fun. Definitely didn't feel nearly as powerful as autocannon / grenade launcher / breaker / railgun / etc. but it was super fun and the sound / visual effects for the weapons are great. Still had to rely on orbital railgun strategems to deal with the few Chargers as it was pretty low level and the other players were confounded by them.

Laser lightshow super fun. Laser cannon's sound effects and the way it feels just barely out of control as you aim it is super tactile.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I still am having a blast with the auto cannon. A little matador work and you can unload into a chargers back and do tons of damage. Then it’s also great against most every other enemy and even adds a bit of crowd control as you work.

The reload and shots between reloads are huge luxuries compared to the recoilless rifle and ammo boxes refill a ton of shots.

It’s also great at taking out bile spewers with two shots to the head or three to the abdomen

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Starting to hit a wall playing with pubbies at difficulty six I'm not good enough to carry folks.

My last mission ended with 0 reinforcements when a teammate's gatling sentry aggroed the bile titan I had successfully snuck past, so I dropped an orbital railgun on him, and as he died I was immediately stepped on by the other bile titan they had aggroed.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I try to tell every pubbie I'm with that the mortar is a super effective way of clearing targets and will net you tons of kills and it occasionally hit bugs as well

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Yeah I’ve had a few post mission black screen or loading screen glitches. Luckily after reloading I had the mission rewards, including the next difficulty level, but I was hoping to stay with those pubbies.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Had two missions in a row where a bug breach bugged out and showed the alert for 30 minutes but no actual breaches occurred. Made the 7 difficulty mission trivial.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Infidelicious posted:

Was the team split up? Only one alert spawns at a time.

Nope all together. The “breach detected” banner just never left the screen and the music was the intense fight music.

In both cases at difficulty 7 not a single bug appeared after we activated Evac for 4 minutes.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Friendship with Autocannon over, Expendable Anti-Tank is new best friend.

Ran around with EAT, eagle cluster bomb, laser guard dog, and gatling sentry on two nice long bug missions. EAT has like a minute cooldown before upgrading the super destroyer so you can just drop it everywhere and hunt chargers while cluster bombing dudes and using gatling senties at key points and the rover gets anything that gets too close. It was insanely fun too. Grabbing EATs and dropping them into a bile titan feels great. Highly recommend.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Make the next faction mad max style space orcs. Just weird hulking dudes driving on-fire cars and stomping around in a mech gushing smoke everywhere.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Stealth buff to post-game score loading time feels 100% faster big change

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I really wish I had some way of knowing which of my strategems and weapons was effective. If I take mines on a mission I’d love to know how many times I used them and how many kills they got me. I don’t mind not having damage numbers and such but maybe some tracking showing what %of damage came from mines, or what % of damage on chargers came from my auto cannon vs tail gum orbital.

Those stats are just fun but would also help make better strategic and tactical decisions.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

The voice acting in this game is top notch. Barely finished a particularly sloppy mission where a Gatling turret I through took a bad bounce then mowed down two helldivers and as I come back I hear my ship master saying “those friendly fire incidents were entirely unavoidable.”

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

(Runs around on high difficulties never killing anything)
“Why are there so many enemies?!?”

I haven’t played on the highest difficulty but really I wouldn’t mind if I did and got my poo poo stomped in by too many bile titans because I imagine the game would be super hard at that level to reward really good players who coordinate and strategize instead of accidentally dropping mines along our only escape route.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Can't wait until the boffins in the Super Earth science wing activate the Terminid Control System and stop the bug threat once and for all with no unexpected results

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Breaker is still my favorite primary weapon even with the nerf. With a good midrange option like the auto cannon nothing else has the raw crowd control stopping power. Being able to unload two clips really fast into a bile spewer or 3 of those chainsaw dudes is so clutch.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I dunno how much was in Helldivers 1 but the Terminex missions have added some great plot lines to the crew of the ship. Apparently the bugs make element 710 which is literal spaceship fuel and this effort will send the bugs "back to the farms where they belong". So literally just dying for oil which is awesome.

Anyone who cannot see the satire here should not be allowed to make decisions in life.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I mean harness physics with your strategems if you're not?

Like, aim up really high at ~45 degrees to get more distance when you throw it. This usually gets it > 50 m on flat ground which is good enough for most call ins, including most eagle runs that attack perpendicular to the direction of the throw.

But yeah if you're dropping a 380 mm barrage or something you gotta run away from it.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Mortar sentries are absolute killing machines. Drop one down and you can almost guarantee 50-75% of combat effectiveness will be gone.

And as a bonus sometimes it kills a few bugs while it does this.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Third World Reagan posted:

You are getting a drone that has a loud speaker on it, that is it

It will just let you know how great super earth is

Would legit use a stratagem slot for this if that general guy yells out tips from it that everyone is forced to listen to

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Do you get more samples on 9 vs 7?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

I’d love this as a gang tag replacement if they are still out there it looks great!

I love that you can find super credits in the game. I’m level 35 or so and I have 1800 super credits without ever paying for them. Going to buy the new war bond once it comes out the current one doesn’t speak to me too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Ciaphas posted:

how do you aim AC shots to take out bot factories, my shots always just impact without blowing anything up

You kind of have to be pretty close to looking right at it then aim at the top angled plate above the vent so it ricochets down. It’s a bit tricky and not something I do from range very much