Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I don't know how much this matters but I'm in the midwest and get an alarmingly large percentage of people who have their mics on and the entire match is just family and pets being real real noisy in the background while they chug bear and hit bongs and mumble incoherently.

I also get paired with a fair amount of russians and spanish speakers too though and those matches usually go better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I've been using the trailblazer scout armor from standard warbond page 7 and loving it. I'll probably have to rely on the shield pack even harder when armor does get fixed but it's speed and stamina and stealthiness are just lovely. Tried doing a bug mission with the orange engineer medium armor that gives extra grenades, because bug holes, without the shield pack and I felt way too slow. Extra grenades are nice though, I need a light armor with extra grenades.

Made it to helldive with some randoms last night and today I've been mucking around with different non meta stuff, because breaker, shieldpack, railgun, laser is super strong but I want to get good with other stuff. I feel like I really like all of the eagle options more than the orbital options, outside of laser and railgun.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Had a helldive op run with a single pub a couple hours ago and this guy could not run away from a fight. Just engaging with every single bug breach 100% of the time, dieing multiple times to each, less than 10% time left one each mission.

I'm still having fun playing around with different loadouts but shield/breaker/railgun still feels pretty mandatory when your teammates will guarantee a dozen bile titans and three dozen chargers. Ems and gas orbitals make for a pretty strong combo though, makes breaches and big bug nests extra safe. Also great for getting away from swarms. The airburst and gattling strategems and nice for thinning the herd too.

I still really only use turrets on defense missions but ems and cannon turrets can do work pretty much anywhere. The cannon really needs open space or decent placement though, ems will work in the middle of a forrest where the cannon is worthless. I feel like the rocket turret is about the same as the cannon except its way more likely to kill me and my teammates. Both the cannon and the rocket turret really benefit from that third ship upgrade that lets them turn more quickly.

Been doing a lot pf bugs over the past couple of days with the global orders up, kinda excited to get back to bots and experiment with anything other than the breaker. Had that slugger unlocked and sitting in my armory for a while now. Incendiary grenade sure is shining against the bugs though, the only area where its lacking is it doesn't blow open the large container doors you find buried in the dirt.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Regular safe railgun shot will also take out all bile spewers if you get a headshot.

I'm a little mixed on the slugger. It certainly takes bugs down just as fast or faster than the breaker, and is better at range, but if you're suddenly surrounded by hunters all on top of you then spraying the breaker in all directions gets them off of you a lot faster. I feel like the slugger would be a really good alternate option if it didn't rotate it's aim way more slowly, that just feels bad.
E: sorry, I'm talking about the JAR-5 dominator here

Much better at range though. Haven't used it against the bots yet but I bet it shines there.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 3, 2024

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

You may also just be seeing people tag things which you can do by tapping Q, if you're looking at ammo, supplies, a dropped piece of equipment, a roaming patrol, or a singular big until when you tap Q they'll be tagged accordingly. Or you can press tab to open you map then hold right click to move a cursor around on the map and place markers on map icons, or really any location you want.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I'm just assuming that someone had that booster selected but then they crashed out or left the match and that continues to lock you out of using the booster even though no one is currently using it. Whether or not it is still in effect is another question I haven't even thought to test.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I feel like I wamt an in game codex to list all stats of every enemy and weapon in exhaustive detail. This is also a great opportunity for more patriotic writing.

Speaking of I think my favorite example, and there's a lot of good snippets, is that every item in the super store has randomized ratings amd comments and all of them are 5 star except for the singular 1 star review that has the name redacted and the text displays 'This review is being investigated for treason.'

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Booty Pageant posted:

had a whole patrol of bugs spawn out of thin air right in front of me, had to empty every weapon and grenade, drat jungle is speaking insect

I had the exact opposite happen to me earlier.

Was running around with another two pubs who we like level 28 doing helldives and they couldn't stop dying to every bug breach, barely making it out of every mission always with 0 reinforcements. At one point I had a batch of hunters, some warriors, and a brood mother who were chasing after me after I ran in to grab some ammo and grenades at a PoI and then they just blinked out of existence. Only thing I can think of is the pubs set off another bug breach and the game only wanted to have so many enemy ai active at one time so the ones chasing me just get teleported to the breach in a single frame, or simply deleted.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Worf posted:

injected with democracy, pumped full of freedom

--

it kinda feels like they went too far out of their way to make the premium battle pass bad

I legit really like the incendiary grenade against bugs. You still want HE or impact against bots but the incendiary does a good job of creating a, albeit far too short lived, blanket of fire in choke points that will delete all the tiniest bugs chasing after you and might even get some hunters. And they still blow up bug holes and pop spewers, they're even aggressively okay to toss on top of breaches if you happen to be sticking around one or when one pops up during extract. The fire really needs to last a little bit longer on the ground though, they've got the potential to be good area denial but as soon as the big flames fade from the animation it becomes safe to walk through and won't ignite anymore.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Honestly the breaker nerf doesn't sound bad at all. I basically never ran out of ammo for it so decreasing mag size from 16 to 13 is fine and the only time I ever used full auto with it was when I was surrounded by hunter to the point of not being able to move or when I was way too close to a charger, after stripping leg armor, or when a brood mother or stalker was right on top of me. In all other instances of using the breaker I was quickly taking aim for songle shots and that'll still be the case now.

All the weapon buffs sound good and fine, I hope another round of slight buffs comes oit for the rifles, and uping handling on a couple of weapons so they don't turn and aim extra slow.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I feel like,without amy definite testing, that its both sight and sound based. You can lose bug swarms by snaking through a few big rocks but if you shoot wjile they're within hearing distance then they're going to rush to the spot they heard you shoot from. They can also hear you running and probably wven walking if they're close enough, even through big rock walls and bushes, but sneaking/crouching and crawling are much harder to notice. The stealth armor pwrk is likely refering to how far away they can hear you but might apply to sight as well.

This means you can do stuff like run away past a couple of large rocks (I'm thinking mostly the big bug mounds the bugs like to build around around nests and eggs) and toss a grenade in the opposite direction of where you're running and you'll lose the vast majority of them as the investigate the explosion sound even though you're going full sprint the entire time.

A couple of caveats being the hunters and brood commanders seem to be better at keeping up with and tracking you than the other bugs, and can alert other bugs a short distance behind them that they've found you, and the stalkers seem to not care about detection at all and simply know exactly where you are if you're within like ~150m of their hive.

Bots seem to be more sight baised but can definitely alert every bot in a good sized area of precisely where you are when they see you, or where they last saw you. They can definitely also hear gunshots and explosions though, and probably running at a slightly shorter range than bugs. Once they're hunting you they have a really good sight range outside of heavy weather or smoke too, foilage seems to not really be an issue for them either.

But you definitely can run from both provided you can put some geometry between you and whatevers pursuing you.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

out of all the overwrought supernames in the requisition list, my absolute favorite has to be Stars and Suffrage

I simply had to go with Spear of Family Values.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah that sounds like a bad player that thinks they're good.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I really do mostly take eagle air strike and orbital laser on almost everything, they're just so incredibly versatile. 500k bomb works on a couple of things airstrike doesn't but I tend to use more than 3 air strikes throughout a single run so something else can deal with titans. Really wish gas covered a larger area because I'd love to use that against bug breaches but it doesn't clear out enough of a breach to use it over other options. Same with orbital railgun, if it had half the cooldown I'd use it a ton more. I did play around with the EAT earlier though and that thing puts in good work even at high dificulties, people aren't joking. Real good against titans and only slightly less good against chargers but still gets the job done.

Still having a ton of fun with the game too. Just dragged some level 20s through a tier 7 mission and when they wouldn't stop wasting half our reinforcements on the objective and large bot base we dropped on right at the beginning I just left that whole area and started reinforcing them further and further away. Eventually they stopped running back and dying to whatever they were dying to before, or their own spray and pray and incendiary shotgun fire that they couldn't stop accidentally tagging eachother with.

Everybody seems to agree that the mechs are super good against the bugs and I feel like they're still pretty great at extraction against the bots, you just have to play defensive and not walk out into long distance sightlines because rocket devastators will fire on you from 150m away. They don't immediately fold though, I face tanked a single tower cannon shot and still didn't fall to small arms or machine gun fire afterwards.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

As soon as someone gets in the shuttle it starts a take off count down. If people holding samples don't get in the shuttle then no one gets those samples.

If everyone dies but you completed the mission you still get most of the xp and rewards you would have otherwise, but still no samples because no one got on board the pelican back to ship.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Can't wait for activating the pesticide to start a mad dash countdown to extraction before we bioweapon ourselves.

While extraction is at the otherside of the map, or the pesticide crawls its way across the map.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I brought a mech to a couple bug missions where everyone else had some sort of anti armor stratagem already loaded. They had orbital railguns and a laser, I think one person had an EAT, another a 500k bomb and eagle cluster bombs. I brought a shield pack, railgun (which did still work against chargers and titans but it definitely felt a little more hectic having to charge almost all the way, get another shot or two in, and keep those shots lined up), the mech, and I think eagle airstrike. The mech went a long way towards saving our asses during extraction in one mission and towards taking out bile titans in the middle of an extermination. Think I still died to friendly fire both times, once to cluster bombs and once to a mortar.

hey mom its 420 posted:

cool, can't wait to see how the bug missions feel now. My guess is I'll just get swarmed by hunters and die. will probably bring back the old stalwart for a spin.

If this is what they're going for with the charger, they should probably just remove the glowing butt from their model. Not really a fan of unintuitive knowledge checks or noob traps.

Honestly maybe just make the butt slightly more weak to explosive damage so the grenade launcher can shine a little more and the explosive primaries feel more worth it, and keep everything else the same. Granted I haven't played post patch yet.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

gang gang

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Final ran into my first resource hacker.

They were really bad at the game and didn't understand the new tower mode at all.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Hakarne posted:

Bugs feel perfect and fun after the patch but bots just feel a little too BS sometimes. Maybe it's because the only bot planet people are active on is a foggy gross shithole, but getting randomly 1-shot by rockets and cannons out of the mist gets really old. It'd be one thing if the fog ruined their vision and aim too like smoke, but as it is you can't see anything half the time while they still have pinpoint accuracy with rockets and a normal detection range.

Oh well, right back to bugs after the daily

I view like that environmental effects affecting robot detection range/accuracy is the only change to bots that I would like to see. Bots feel pretty good to me, by which I mean on 7+ they're very hectic and a lot of matches end up being a barely survive sort of situation. A small group of bots is pretty easily dealt with, you can airstrike or otherwise use a stratagem to take them out super quickly, a single devastator can be staggered into oblivion or one/two shot somewhat easily, walkers are incredibly easy to deal with solo but they're also really good at staying on top of you if you're running and scrambling, catching a tank or turret without any support makes them pretty easy to take out solo and much easier with any coordinated effort but are hyper deadly from range, hulks are scary but if you have the space you can simply circle strafe them and take them out with primaries, etc. But in any large group their range and variety means they're always on top of you and any single unit simply must be dealt with asap or you're toast, it really makes their awkward clumsy terminator style go from bumbling to deadly real fuckin fast. It makes for a lot of fun situations where you're either decimating everything in front of you or you have to scramble to get objectives done and barely survive and extract with very little in between.

Basically I like that they play radically different than bugs and can't wait for the Illuminate to make it into the game in the hope that they also play radically different than both factions we have now.

E: someone screwed up my ancient user icon and I don't even care, gang tag rules

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

apostateCourier posted:

I would deeply enjoy an Armored Core stat breakdown page for each weapon and strategem, honestly.

.Z. posted:

I hope they update things so patrol spawns can't be within a minimum distance of players. That multiple groups = multiple spawns thing is annoying when people are still close enough together because it will cause patrols to spawn right on top of you.

I've only experienced a squad popping right on top of me once, as host, but it was annoying.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Just got killed by a teammate's arc thrower 8 times in 10 minutes. That gun is one of the most free things I have ever seen.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Bugs with guns and rockets sounds pretty scary and also like it wouldn't really fit the theme of keeping the factions different.

At the same time I want to run around a mech and shoot a brain bug that's sticking out the back.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I feel like hunters are still my number one death against bugs, followed by temporarily not being able to deal with a titan or charger, and definitely not the spewers. But they will absolutely melt you nigh instantly with either the spit stream or the bile artillery, which is one of the major reasons I still use the shield pack instead of constantly rocking an AC or RR. Stuns and slows and general chip damage from hunters and brushing up against chargers is the main reason but not being surprise one shot is pretty strong too. I want to like the AMR more against bots but I usually end up feeling like I'd still be better off with the railgun. Even though the railgun can't deal with tanks and turrets as well as the AMR those things are pretty vulnerable to impact grenades, and if I've dealing with either at long range then that's stratagem territory.

Pure Art

E: What I really love about this is that you can follow the trail of the spear missile for the entire travel distance and it does like a 190 degree turn and then just stops tracking the instant it's going straight for the helldiver.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

lol I just equip the sickle and that poo poo is way bigger than I thought it was going to be.

E: and my game instantly crashes on trying to throw a snowball

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 15, 2024

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

LazyMaybe posted:

Fully stocked out of pods is ok but is usually just a convenience thing, unless your team is in a death spiral.

It's pretty easy to scrounge for ammo, etc, but I really like it because pubs die a lot and this booster means they at least come back with full stims and grenades.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I just encountered a brand new bug, not the democracy hating alien type.

Was playing with some pubbies who I thought were really bad because they kept dying very rapidly in a large bug nest but it turns out that one of the holes had some sort of invisible kill box around it, people would run up to toss a grenade in and simply getting with 10 or 15 meters of the thing would cause people to instantly drop down dead with a death message that either said they killed themselves or that they were killed by unknown.

Which was all the more hilarious after we ran low on reinforcements, they insisted on fighting off a couple of bug breaches on the way to extraction, and then we found a second invisible kill box around the extraction terminal.

I don't know if this game is going to be more or less hilarious when Arrowhead finally gets around to patching all the odd glitches but I'm loving it either way.

Also, saw someone say this several pages ago, but my system is definitely running hotter after this most recent patch. Even frame limited it down to 60 and it's still hotter than the previous patch.

Is instability inherently democratic? My democracy officer doesn't look happy when I ask this question.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Big dead bugs can cause some weird jankiness when it comes to moving around their bodies or where the game thinks their bodies are, you got to wait for them to despawn basically because they will send you flying or kill you for being "crushed" by the air.

Oh yeah that definitely happens a lot but this was a new thing to me. The invisible kill boxes where there before any bugs had been killed, much less any large ones. Same with the extraction point. We died immediately on walking in, no odd geometry, no bug corpses, no bugs that had been made hostile yet that may have launched unfortunately invisibly bile artillery. Just a couple spots on the map where if you walked in to them you instantly died.

It was really funny seeing something I hadn't heard described before and then watching a couple of pubs waste ten reinforcements pointing it out to themselves over and over. Especially funny when we found it again on extract. I hope they fix it but I'm going to enjoy it while it's here.

E: oh, the first weird things we noticed about the area was that our stratagems wouldn't work inside of it. I tried throwing a laser and the pub tried throwing a 500k bomb or airstrike or something, something to start off the hole closing and get the group of docile bugs sitting in the big bug nest, but they just disappeared like when you throw a stratagem into a space thats being jammed by bots.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Mar 15, 2024

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

turn off the TV posted:

i was in orbit around draupnir. idk how the bugs would blow up super destroyers

The super destroyers being rigged to explode on critical failure is simply the price of freedom.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I've luckily only run in to one playstation mic user. They were clearly playing with a roommate and yelling back and forth at each other from across a hall or something, I only got the one side of the conversation with the tv game volume turned way up.

It was pretty funny for about half a minute and then I had to mute them.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Having two people with EATs feels super good.

Being able to take out three or four chargers, accounting for misses, and having enough shots to take out at least one bile titan every minute-ish is super effective.

They really do need to fix the spear though because it should be super cool and satisfying but most of the time it's just frustrating. I feel like if it could reliably lock on, even it if intentionally had problems with fog or other natural visibility problems, it would be exceptionally well balanced.

Someone asked and I didn't see this directly answered, current railgun still feels pretty good and puts in work where its needed. Having to basically always use it in unsafe mode is basically the exact change that it needed for balance. It adds a little bit more time between shots and that makes situations where it previously excelled a little more hectic, it still one shots a ton of stuff that takes the AC or AMR two or three shots to take down (and those still have the upper hand of taking out bot tanks and towers more easily), still takes out bile titans in, uh, several hits, etc. But with that slightly added time to fire and always present threat of blowing yourself up while trying to line up the perfect shot it no longer feels like the railgun trivializes too many encounters. Having absolutely zero crowd control but keeping a backpack slot free feels like a fine trade off, you can run it with an ammo pack to have more than enough shots for anything, a rover to keep trash off of you while aiming in hairy bug situations, or a shield for extra survivability.

I still use it a lot less frequently than before but I feel like its a fine pick for either bots or bugs, definitely better against bots though.

E: unrelated, I want to be able to cook my stratagem call downs. I get why we can't, having every half the stratagems also be an orbital rail cannon and the ability to be way more precise with eagle strike, etc, would be busted strong. But it would feel great.

One of the things that initially peaked my interest in this game was hearing about Malevelon Creek, being absolutely ambushed by bot laser fire from all sides and deciding to just call down an air strike directly on your own position because you know you're already dead. Imagine holding on to a cluster bomb strike and then last second diving into the horde.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 16, 2024

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I've had a lot more crashes since the most recent patch, and my gpu is running a lot hotter than before too. Verified files and nothing was fixed, still get new and interesting crashed every now and then.

Alkydere posted:

got the plasma shotgun and not sure if I love or hate it.

Mainly wish the projectile had a little more speed/less drop. Or direct hits hurt a bit more.

I'm in the same space but I've only run a couple of missions with it, and only against bots. It does good work but it's odd to use, it'll probably be pretty good when we all get more skilled with it. How does it fair against bugs? I imagine a little worse much in the same way the scorcher has issues with anything getting point blank in your face.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

A high charge unsafe rail gun shot can definitely still one shot a hulk in the face. I've been liking the AMR more and more recently but rail gun is still good against bots.

I feel like the Scorcher needs, like, one more mag. Or to get one or two more back from ammo pickups. I also just had a couple of instances of hitting basic bots in the arm or shoulder and not one shotting them with the Scorcher, you really want head, dead center chest, or waist shots.

E: ^^^^ You do still get basically all of the xp and requisition if you fail to extract, whether bugged or not, haven't had that bug before though. The only thing you lose by not extracting is a little xp bonus on the end screen and any samples that didn't make it on to the pelican. When it comes to reloading into the ship I've had plenty of bugs like ending up outside the ship or in the eagle bay behind the normal return to ship screen, etc. The one of being stuck behind the cryopods or whatever they are has been in since day one but that's another one I haven't seen in a long time, totally believe it's still in though. Also yeah there's no way of seeing the map or mission description if you quick load into a match too late, of all the random little bugs or other fuckery that's still in that's the one thing I want fixed most and as soon as possible. Game still stupid fun though.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 18, 2024

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I feel like whenever there are spewers in a match there a ton of them. Sometimes you'll come across a POI that has like two and a charger and some smaller bugs, but sometimes you'll see a patrol thats like six spewers and at least as manner smaller bugs. It gets hectic real quick. I do kinda like it though, the bugs having one unit with some range, outside titans, mixes things up a bit. I feel like if the devs were going to put them in every bug mission they should tone down the amount by a little, but also I like the variety of sometimes facing a huge melee swarm and sometimes facing a smaller swarm that has mobile artillery.

Switching factions here I think another thing that makes the bot heavies tough to deal with is that they're not as easy to drag away from all the smaller units as the bug heavies. Chargers and bile titans will chase you and stay on top of you harder than hulks and tanks. Hulks and tanks definitely chase you but they almost always have little bots and devastators very close by, you have to use cover against all of them and can't simply run away out in the open and dive away from their attacks in close range like you can with chargers and bile titans. Also rockets, tank cannons, and towers will one shot you harder than basically anything the bugs throw at you, except probably directly standing in the way of spewer artillery and bt barf.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The machine gun tanks you can just toss two impact grenades on their turret and they're done, maybe the regular tanks too? Towers you can do the same but you have to hit their vents. I have way more trouble with hulks than either. Like hulks are pretty easy if you can get behind them, or guide kite them into showing their back to a teammate, but again they're usually more surrounded by chaff units and devastators than other heavies and then they're all one big collective problem.

In those instances the AMR and railgun continue to shine, orbital railgun too.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Warmachine posted:

What I won't do is pick a fight with a patrol in the middle of nowhere unless that patrol is actively blocking my path and I can't go around it.

I've stopped pinging patrols in pub groups with mid level players because a lot of them take it to mean 'we're taking out this group' when what I mean to say is 'hey lets avoid these.'

Eediot Jedi posted:

You need an auto cannon boy, or an AMR boy. They absolutely dumpster hulks from the front if they have breathing room to aim. Stun grenades and auto cannon is a top tier bot load out imo, regardless of what else you bring.

I'mma do it, I'm gonna learn to Autocannon all the bots.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Naw RR is pretty good, you just have to give up a backpack slot for it and find the breathing room to reload. You can absolutely do more damage in a shorter amount of time with it. They might even be the exact same amount of damage/explosive/armor pen per rocket but if you can get away with it the RR does more damage. I rarely use it because I'm still a filthy shield pack player but it's quite good.

Having two people bring EATs might be better, three probably is, but then you're spending two or three stratagem slots on EATs instead of the one on the RR.

E: ^^^ yeah the hellpod steering upgrade feels, uh, really good. Maybe my favorite upgrade, but there are definitely several other really good ones.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Phenotype posted:

Anecdotally it felt a lot easier to get the headshot kill on chargers, I don't think I missed once. It was also nice always having it ready immediately rather than having to call down the strategem and wait around for a charge or two.

The EAT has this kind of odd thing about it in that it takes a second or two for you to actually be able to fire it after you swap to it. I think there's an animation of your helldiver readying it after they shoulder it but I'm usually too busy starring at a bug head to notice. The RR may not have this at all, which would make it slightly better for quick firing off a single rocket. This is totally made up for by the fact that whenever you melee while wielding the EAT you bash things with an overhead swing instead of a normal rifle butt smack.

toasterwarrior posted:

This reminds me: do not loving touch tank wrecks because you will die

I regularly climb all over destroyed tanks of both varieties but I totally have had this happen at least twice. Went to get on top of a wrecked tank to get a little bit of a vantage and use it's scrapped turret as cover and the game just deleted me as soon as I was within one foot of it's treads. It was at least 30 seconds before it started to sink through the ground to despawn too.

Rhymenoserous posted:

TBH I can't think of a game where I've run lower than 3.

I had exactly one earlier today. Started up a tier 4 mission (challenging?) to test out the new shotgun and laser pistol and woo do they suck, feels bad taking like four shots to take out a warrior bug. On the second mission I swapped back to the Scythe and the pubs I was with couldn't stop fighting every bug breach that spawned, which was pretty much non stop since they couldn't clear them really quickly either even though there were no titans on a charger only popped up every second or third breach. When we got down to around ~5 reinforcements left I had to join in so we wouldn't completely run out before extract. Granted I also wasn't packing the most quick and efficient stratagems either, and was still testing out the Senator. In every other match I've had with the Scythe I also don't think I've gone below 3 or 4 heat sinks. It's extremely efficient, even with bots. Need to put more time in on the plasma shotgun and scorcher though, those both also felt pretty good.

E: Sickle, not Scythe.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 20, 2024

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah staying mobile is really king against bugs, and a combo of using as much cover as possible while staying the hell out of the line of fire of rockets is clutch against bots.

I spent the last few bug missions really enjoying orbital airburst strike. Tossing it right on top of a bug breach a few seconds after it starts is like a guaranteed 30-45 kills and really really helps thing out the heard. Let's you instantly start moving away and allow you to focus on any chargers or bile titans that pop up with or around the breach.

Reiley posted:

Do you guys tend to shoot in 1st or 3rd person? I have been shooting in 1st for everything but once I realized how the 3rd person barrel position crosshairs worked it's felt a lot easier to shoot more things faster, and maybe 1st person is for far away things?

Mostly third person but every once in a while I'll go first person for slugger shots. I like it's sight more than most of the rest and it can feel a little off at mid range and longer in third person. I think people talked about this several pages ago but it has a little bit of sway while pumping after every shot that might not really show that much in third person but is really obvious in first person. The steam coming off of the sickle is also really noticeable in first person but I don't use first person for it that often, not against bugs at least. AMR and Railgun are almost always first person, AC too but I'm still learning how to democratically apply the AC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

There's no way we're making this current major order, Zagon Prime still isn't even selectable. Sad too, Fori Prime is a lot of fun.

Here's hoping we get some neat bug development following it's failure.

I'm off to practice shooting bots with the AC some more.